Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-2010, 20:10

Default Weather in October

Hi Folks, coming to PP in October, minus kiddies!!! Yippeee!!! What would the weather be like then as have never been in October, always June or July.
Just wondering do we need to bring all eventualities?? Jackets, rain gear etc.
Thanks for info.
Mods, move post if in wrong place.
Matt
Sponsored Links
Old 25-07-2010, 20:59

We have been before in october,middle of the month,we had a lovely week,but apparently we were fortunate, a bit chilly for the pool,but still gave it a go,lovely days,only a little shower,still warm enough for no jackets in the evening,but i am sure you will get different stories.Its been a hot year so hopefully it will carry on.
scarlett
Old 25-07-2010, 22:01

The thig about October is you never know what you will get

I have had a week where we had almost unbroken sunshine during the day and we were in pool and sea and on the beach most days .... just needed a cardie late at night

I have had a week when it was plesent by day ...... still T- shirts but you took a sweat shirt out with you because there was a chilly wind ...... pool too cold but sea tolerable ( we are a bit hardy I think ) and still required sun cream

I have also had a week where it rained for 4 days and I wore my jeans and a jacket most evenings as they were the only thing I had with me that were warm enough

All have been the end of october and to add to the above we went first week in Nov last year and swam in the sea at Formentor which is always a few degrees colder than PP ..... needed a warm coffee afterwards but thats another story
Old 25-07-2010, 22:06

Thumbs up

hiya,

weather in october can be a bit temperamental, it's possible to get all four seasons in one day... we go over normally june and october to the port, june always lovely and hot, october can be hot and wet within the same hour, so would advise you to take jacket etc... we were over a couple of years ago when the great storm hit, was picking my daughters and their other halves up at the airport at 3 in the afternoon, by 6 there was a massive storm that decimated the front, we had a table booked at maxim's for my wifes birthday at 7, waded through the water to the car, and lucky enough had a lovely evening..... coming over again this october, so whatever the weather just go for it.....

hope this helps....
Old 25-07-2010, 22:30

we normally go the first week in Oct and as said previously it can be a bit hit and miss...last year we had a glorious week and were on the beach evey day.The previous two years have been a mix of weather...I tend to pack a little of everything

Eating Out
Old 27-07-2010, 07:48

Hi here is a link to last Octobers weather.

There used to be a weather station in Pollensa but cant find it at the mo so Albufera will give you an idea:

Albufera, Alcudia weather history

My FlickR Photos
Old 27-07-2010, 12:16

This is the Pollensa weather station

POLLENÇA - Mallorca (Illes Balears) - Dades Meteorològiques On-line 24 Hrs

It's in Catalan but for last year's weather, for instance, click on "resum any anterior" and it gives measures for last year - October mean temperature was 22 and rainfall was 43.4 mm.
Old 28-07-2010, 08:18

Thats great folks, thanks. As CathB says, bring a bit of everything, which we are certainly used to doing living on the South Coast of Ireland!!
Its still a holiday either way!!
Old 28-07-2010, 17:46

mattydread - i think South Wales suffers the same....more rain than sun though

Eating Out
Old 28-07-2010, 19:45

As a native of Neath, I can confirm that!

jimsboy
Old 06-10-2010, 08:52

Me again, flying out this Friday 8th, WooHoo!!
but I can't seem to get any consesus on the weather, accuweather is not showing me next week at all for some strange reason .
I'm not holding my breath though for sun,
Has anyone got a better idea??
will it be very bad or just damp
Old 06-10-2010, 09:50
Super Moderator

Hi Mattydread, they are forecasting rain for next week but they often get it wrong just like in the UK, i wish i had a crystal ball. We will just have to wait and see and hope they wrong.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:58

Was watching the UK forecast last night and mister weather was pointing to 2 fronts, a rather nasty one in the North Atlantic and a ridge of high pressure coming over from Russia, he said the Russian one was winning and would push the Atlantic one down "to the Med". I would assume this is the one the Spanish guys are watching, it still seemed a heck of a long way from the Med , maybe it will change it's mind
Old 06-10-2010, 14:13

Smile October holidays

We have enjoyed several late holidays in October in Puerto Pollensa. These have all been very variable. The first time, last week October plus first three days November was wonderful. This was In those days when no aircon in cars and moh(male) had to drive topless as it was so hot! We enjoyed a wonderful week - phone boxes (remember those?) were stifling for the compulsory ring home to check on family - couldn't wait to get out and walk along the Pine Walk in the balmy air. One year mid October it was about 70F, nice but a bit cool if a cloud lingered too long over the seafront. Another year we then experienced the worst storm in about 100 years when the Pine Walk was a "no go" area with very large boats on the walk including one nudging gently against Sis Pins "harbour" for the rest of the week. The whole walk was virtually impossible without wellies. We saw tables and chairs floating in the sea. We used to walk along the back path but it was quite dark along there and we said "never again in October". However, a year or two later we tried it again and since have enjoyed lovely weather in October. Relatives also went first 2 weeks Oct and only had one wet day. We learned to watch out for the locals covering the tables and chairs with tarpaulins outside the bars which was a good indication of some bad weather on its way - especially near Mistral Corner. I would love to be going in October - its much cheaper and it feels so good when you get a lovely cheaper break!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:17

looking at weather last nite, it ain't looking too good
Ah well, what can one do, Martini anyone????