Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2010, 23:41

Default escape from PP's rain - to c'an pastilla

we have put a hex on the weather - ever since we had a hassle on the PP beach cos we wanted 1 beach bed + shade and 1 beach bed only. Also had a day at C'an Pic and the beachbeds were much cheaper there... anyway, we bought a couple of the folding ones and since then there has only been one sunny day !
Today we thought go south... and wosre case if it's still rainy we can wander round Palma. But sun there was... wall to wall
But just wanted to say how much C'an Pastilla seems to have changed.... it is years since we have been there and had just looked 'tired'
But it has had a makeover - the beach was immaculate, as was the prom... u had to search for even a ciggy butt. Lots of visable policing and only one lookylooky man. Lotsa rollerblading ppls , joggers & cyclists.

Also a very easy resort if u have a wheelchair... especially as they have a sort of boardwalk at the back of the beach which would let u take the wheelchair actually down to the beach.

It was worth the visit to beat the rain

Miriam
Sponsored Links
Old 22-09-2010, 05:32

This is interesting, Miriam. We haven't been to c'an pastilla for years and as you say it was then just yet another tired resort.

There was actually an article in one of the many architectual mags my husband has recently about how the property prices have increased in this area.

All good news for Mallorca.
Old 22-09-2010, 09:03

Miriam dont you find the butts that you do find difficult to light once they have been on the beach? We are renting a car for the week in the winter and we are planning to tour all the way round so will diffidently call in c'an pastilla. The main beach at PP also has these boardwalks for wheelchairs, I think it is a prerequisite for having a blue flag, they also have special buggies at the red cross hut for transferring to to gain access as well.

On island time!!
Old 22-09-2010, 23:04

Hiya sws,

cos the ciggies r so cheap here I manage to hold myself back on the beach ! lol

re the boardwalks... that isn't what I meant.
I know PP has the walks that lead from prom to sea direction... which will work great for some... but is of little use to others.... what do u do?... leave the wheelchair mid walk or manhandle ( or in my case womanhandle! ) 12½stone over sand! And AFAIK, the beach buggy thangs were to access water. And no way am I knocking any of that ! We tried it and it didn't work very well for us.
The boardwalk in C'an Pastilla runs at the back of the beach parallel to the beach. Which means that u can take the wheelchair to the edge of the beach without blocking anything or one.

Re ur Island Tour.. one thing I did find was that C'an P has a multitude of snacky-bar type restaurants... but we had to search a wee bit to get a 'good' dinner ( take pieces ! lol )

Miriam
Old 23-09-2010, 08:35

Hi Miriam, thanks for the correction, I understand the difference now, the reason I mentioned them was to help anyone else reading the posts, your description should help others in a similar situation as well. As for our tour around, being veggies we usually struggle when we go out for drives anyway, out of season I imagine it will be worst, we usually take a picnic and will do so again and try and find somewhere nice to eat it, weather permitting as it will be January

On island time!!
Old 23-09-2010, 23:30

Hiya swg,
just a thought... but maybe u could do a thread for veggies..I know many places do 'token' veggie dishes, but its not quite the same as places that 'do' veggie in a natural way.
Or perhaps u already have in which case totally ignore me ! lol

Have a great time in Jan ( took my parents here last Jan and got some lovely weather ! )

Miraim
Old 24-09-2010, 09:30

A few ideas on the thread below Med.

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...d-romance.html
Old 24-09-2010, 09:53

Hi sws97sdg.
If you have never been there dont forget to visit Cala Figuera on your tour, its a fabulous little place.
Old 24-09-2010, 10:13

Hi Susie, thanks for the tip, not sure we have been they so may add it to the tour

On island time!!
Old 24-09-2010, 11:18

Thanks Miriam, the thought of it being 'cold' when we go is strange after always going in the summer, really looking forward to it though. We have had threads on veggie food but not a list of places who have a vegetarian section as apposed to as you say places who just have token veggie dishes like in Bella’s link, so I may start compiling a list of places I know do, it may encourage other places to add some to their menus!

On island time!!
Old 24-09-2010, 23:31

sws, having just got home tonite, to scotland.... equally strange, after all the warmth, we have frost here tonite

Last Jan, we did have to submit to the duvets rather than just the throws but in saying that we also had a couple of beach days too... ok, so the Spanish (boots/ jumpers/ fleeces etc ) looked at us like visiting aliens, but hey we went home with an all over tan !

And go for it with the 'real' veggie alternatives, I am not one but my friend is and often I go with her choices in restaurants that truly cater, just for a pleasant suprise and something a wee bit different. I am sure that it would be appreciated here.

Just off to search out my thermal PJs

Miriam
Old 25-09-2010, 11:21

Hi sws

On your January travels you might try this place , if you go to Palma, which might be a pleasant way of spending a day at that time of year.

Maybe mentioned the place to you before, not tried it but had a good look inside, it certainly gets good reviews.

Bon Lloc Palma de Mallorca Mallorca

Cheers

Porto
Old 25-09-2010, 20:57

Hi Miriam, thought about taking my shorts with me, but never thought you could get an all over tan in January
I may go for it on the veggie selection, watch this space

On island time!!
Old 25-09-2010, 21:00

Hi Porto, yes I think you have mentioned it, we are leaving Palma for a winter city break, maybe next year, a long weekend would be a great way to see the city I think

On island time!!