Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 19:33

Default Living la vida loca !!!!!

Well that's all over for another four years but what a crazy few days.

The excitement and anticipation had been building here for several days.Spanish flags had been sold out in Super Bazar Li Ling by Saturday morning and although the whole town had been bedecked in la Roja and yellow it will be the little things that stick in my mind.

Mr FANTASTIC riding around town on his bike with the spanish flag proudly flown from his handlebars , the toddlers of the muslim mums sporting lttle Torres shirts and, of course, an unbelievable performance from Jose !!!
Not to be outdone by the huge outdoor screens erected in Madrid or Palma we had to have our own version in Bonys here in the Square !!! Four tables stacked one on top of another with two flatscreen TVs taped precariously above them . Huge loudspeaker roped to a nearby tree as well , must have been an elf and safety nightmare .

Forget Paul, the soothsaying octopus . Forget the mid field brilliance of Xavi and Iniesta . For me it was the sausage and beans wot won it !!!

Probably best to explain. I have a little ritual when I have NEVER, EVER seen Spain lose a match. Followed it through Euro 08 and again in this World Cup .
Quite simply, a good fry up accompanied by the best Rioja money can buy at the Joker Cafeteria in front of the telly screen. Never failed me yet ( the match Spain lost to Switzerland was mid afternoon so confined meself to the Bonynest that day !!! ).

So by 7.30 last night Bonyladette and I were in pole position in front of the TV screens in Joker enjoying a pint or two pre prandials. Interestingly, it must have been seen as a safe haven for the Dutch because there were three large tables all occupied by the Netherlands orange.

A large plate of chipperones as an " amuse bouche " between us , followed by eggs, sausages, bacon, beans and chips ( told em to hold the toast !!! ) all washed down with a fine Rioja ( you always knew I was a gormet , eh guys !!!). Lubbly, jubbly !!!!

You all know what happened with the footie but the fact that we had extra time meant we had to consume additional coffees and brandies.

We staggered out, elated, hugged the Dutch who had the good grace to admit that they were glad they lost to a goal rather than the ignamy of penalties . And so onto the Roundabout ( described earlier by Sparky ) . Whole place was going ballistic and can't ever remember so many people in town.

Everyone moves onto the Square , we head for Bonys which looks like a bomb has hit it . Jose is soaked to the skin ( anyone know what happened there ?? ) , he's crying with emotion at Spain's win and drinking a pint of beer . Have never, ever seen him take a drink before . Miracuralously the improvised big screens are still standing but give it a wide berth . Police, rush en masse into Gasoline Alley and about eight are thrown out , head first
Hoards of people run about like lunatics , drapped in flags blowing whistles and chanting championes , championes. Several drinks later at Bonys and the Cultural we hit the sack at about 3.30 a.m.

Just so, so happy for these people .

Viva la Roja !!!!!

Big stage put up in the Square today for the music at the Fiesta

Living the vida loca !!!!

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 19:46
Super Moderator

Nice one BL, sausages, beans and Rioja eh!!! sounds like a good name for a sit-com.
Now, to Jose either he had many more than one beer or he took a serious amount of dinero last night cos he has a sign up saying he will be open on Tuesday .
Old 12-07-2010, 19:49

Sounds like you had a great night BL! Fantastic! Is the party still going on? Good to hear Jose's tv and sound system held up. He opened late for the England v Germany game and it took him forever to get it right. About five minutes before kick off and there was either no picture, or no sound and we thought about moving on, but get it right he did just in time for the anthems. Unfortunately, my fry-up and pint routine in Maxims did not seem to help our sad lot. I was even wearing me lucky pants.

Last edited by PaulB; 12-07-2010 at 19:52.
Old 12-07-2010, 19:50

It sounds like you had a great time and are still buzzing from the excitement! Wish I could've been there.