Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 23:09

Default General condition of PP ???

Hi folks, this is my first ever post.

I have been hearing a few bad reports about PP looking a tad shabby of late. Specifically overflowing bins, broken street lighting, dirty beaches and general grubbiness.

Please say it ain't so !

I see Tamarells beach has a Blue Flag again this year so it can't all be bad.

I am due out next saturday (10th) , can anyone re-assure me as to the state of the resort. I'm hoping these reoports are largely unfounded and the powers that be have given PP a thorough spruce up prior to my arrival.

Cheers , Simon.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 01:08

Simon - 'it ain't so'

you will have a lovely time - believe me!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:26

Default General Condition of PP

Simon, we've been going to the Port for the last 15 or so years and have never really found much to complain about. However this year we were there in the last week in May and the first week in June and the beach area did need some attention.
For the first time ever we noticed that the beach bins hadn't been emptied and the large machine that's normally in use to clean the surface of the sand was missing.
The wooden toilet blocks were just being put in place, so pity the holidaymakers who had been there prior to us, if they "wanted to go".
Our visit also coincided with the demo staged by the local restaurant owners etc. regarding the overall cleanliness of the Port.
Maybe the local "cooncil" thinks that the season starts from the 1st of June, because after this date things quickly got back to normal
In our view the Port is still a vibrant and must visit resort and roll on September 2011

Pinaretman
Old 04-07-2010, 09:10

Simon. fear not, just one walk along the Pinewalk will settle all your doubts.
It is just as wonderful as ever.
Ok some of the back streets are a bit tatty, but that is the same in every town and city.
The magic of PP is totally unchanged.
Enjoy your holiday......am I jealous......you bet I am.

Susie
Old 04-07-2010, 09:21

Hi Simon

We were in PP in June and did not seem at all like you ave heard. Beaches clean, plentry of space for rubbish etc. Found some pavements uneven and had to walk on road in a few backstreets but no problem we just had a wonderful holiday as I am sure you will.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:33

Hi Simon,

We are also arriving on the 10th, for the third visit this year, you will love PP, like anywhere you will find something that could perhaps do with some extra money being spent to improve it, but PP is still a first class place.

Have a great time.

PP76
Old 04-07-2010, 10:45

IF it was that bad we wouldn't all be booking to go out yet again would we!? It's the British way unfortunately, we tend to knock what we love sometimes.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:52

Simon,

We got back on Tuesday after two wonderful weeks. The place is still absolutely georgeous. Just go and enjoy yourself!
Old 04-07-2010, 14:24

Thanks everyone I feel suitably re-assured.
I may be a newbie on the forum but I have been going to PP most years since i was 13 (i am now 37) so i understand 'the magic'.
Probably passed most of you in the street over the years.

S.
Old 07-07-2010, 18:42

Just back from 4 weeks, place as magical as ever.
Old 07-07-2010, 21:13

Hi All. I was also concerned about the condition of PP, as although quite a newby to the resort compared to some (been going for the last 6 years) I noticed last summer whne we went the streets along the beach front seemed quite dirty and the bins were overflowing. It just seemend like this diamond had dimmed slightly, as the beach looked like it could also do with a bit of a clean.

We had even considered going elsewhere this year, as we found everything very expensive, far more than normal, but think this was just down to the Sterling to Euro rate and to be fair it would take more than what I have mentioned to keep us away!

Hopefully the Diamond has been given a shine by August when we go back!

Steve
Old 07-07-2010, 22:52

Just keep your eyes shut and you will love it

To be honest I have been coming to PP since I was nine in 69 and the port is no different now in terms of the state of the place to how it was then, probably better now - things go in cycles, a few bad years then a few good years in terms of cleansiness but not that you would notice - unless you live in Gommar of course - the forgotten part of town Still nice though because it is so quiet. zzzzzzz
Old 08-07-2010, 02:06
Banned

Hi Jarvs

Yes, there are still some problems I think with bins overflowing etc. and not being cleaned underneath when emptied - my main grudge. Dog mess down side streets and on a lot of grassed areas and broken lights on the front. But don't let that put you off visiting.

The charm of PP far outweighs a bit of neglect.

As far as being expensive, well, you can get a meal of the day for 8.50 euros up to 100 euros if you wanted. So bottom end not expensive atall.

PP can't help the pound against the euro so please don't dismiss the place.

It does need a bit of a facelift but hopefully that will come in time.

Enjoy your visit.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:31

GG - I really have to disagree with you re Gommar, that the terms of cleanliness are any less in Gommar than anywhere else in PP. Our villa is the top end of Gommar (not the Pollensa Park end) we are not far from the Hideaway - probably named for that very reason. The bins are emptied every night as there are in most if not all of the areas and it certainly doesn't give a feeling of being in need of a good clean to me. Yes it is forgotten in terms of roads and pavements but hopefully that will change in the near future but it isn't dirty.
It is a lovely quiet area with many living in the area permanently. Personally we love it!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:39

Sorry Eleanor - it was the state of the roads and drainage in Gommar that I had in mind not the cleanliness but if it was that bad we wouldn't have kept our place here for the past 35 years!