Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-2010, 17:51

Thumbs up A Little Concerned

I’m getting a bit worried now. I’ve been to PP a good number of times and as far as I am concerened it’s a little paradise. But over the last couple of months I’ve been reading on the forum about the dog poo, the general appearance of the place and the uncertainty concerning the sun-loungers. Then the not-so-good weather, the lack of visitors, the number of businesses closing, or opening later in the season.

I’m flying our to PP on the 3rd July.

Would some kind people please reassure me that everything is hunky-dory and that I’m going to have a fantastic holiday, as always.

I just need someone to say – now look, Pollpott, don’t you worry about a thing, everything is going to be perfect.
Yes?
Old 22-06-2010, 18:04

Now look Pollpott, don't you worry about a thing, everything will be perfect !!!

HOWEVER .

Siesta totally ruined this p.m. by some kid running amok in the square with a Vuvuzela for two hours !!!!!!!

SO PLEASE ALL YOU PARENTS , THESE BELONG AND SHOULD STAY IN SOUTH AFRICA !!!!!!!!

BonysLad
Old 22-06-2010, 18:09

The weather forecast for the next 15 days looks great, summer has arrived. Yes the season was a little slow to get going, but now everything is in full swing. The sis pins is now re open, so the front is bustling, the sandcastles are there, the restaurants are all open, new cafe in the square etc

In light of the volcano, recession, not great weather etc etc is it any wonder things have been a little slow to get started?

I really would not worry, in fact, every cloud has a silver lining, you'll get restaurant tables without booking, beaches won't be too busy, sun beds by the pool..........bliss!! Have a great time
Old 22-06-2010, 18:20

Bonyslad,
You're supposed to be helping me not complaining about those trumpet things! You just wait until England play on Wednesday. The noise will be unbearable.

Lizd,
That's more like it! Tell me what I want to hear. I know everything will be just perfect. Thanks.
Old 22-06-2010, 18:51

Now look Pollpott, don't you worry about a thing, everything will be perfect !!!

We were in PP couple of weeks ago and we found it just as perfect as any other time. Yes - less crowded but as said, a great advantage.

The bad weather seems to have gone and the forecast looks brilliant.
Old 22-06-2010, 19:24

Hi Pollpot

It is two years since we have been to PP and we are out there towards the end of July. Everyone has a different experience and we have had some negative ones over the years but overall, I can't think of anywhere else that I would rather spend two weeks.
It is a fantastic place with lovely people, great food, beautiful scenery, etc..

You will have a fantastic time and by July, you'll be wishing it was cooler!

Have a great time
Old 22-06-2010, 19:26
Banned

You will have a great time. I've just come back from 2 weeks in PP and it is a little quieter but nothing to be concerned about.

Yes there is dog mess but don't let that put you off having a holiday in PP. It is a fantastic friendly resort and there are only a couple of places closed up but then others have opened in their place.

As mentioned, the Sis Pins has opened up and they are doing lots of bits and pieces improvement wise to the place. If 2 Englishmen can spend millions buying a hotel in this economic climate it must say a lot about the resort!!!

Have fun......
Old 22-06-2010, 19:39
Super Moderator

Pollpott, take a tip from one who knows ........all you need to worry about is that you don't go over weight on your luggage and that your passports are valid.
PP is just fantastic and you will have a great holiday .
Old 22-06-2010, 20:19

Now look Pollpott, don't you worry about a thing, everything will be perfect

We were in PP ens of April..ok the beach beds were not out but it did not spoil our week...the dog poo is no worse than other years -yes it ia a little quieter I think than before but again it did not spoil anything....

on count down ourselves until 3rd July....cant wait

Eating Out
Old 22-06-2010, 20:32

Going out tomorrow and can't wait. We have had beautiful weather in Edinburgh over the past few days - just in preparation for our holiday (I hope!!).
Old 22-06-2010, 20:50

I understand your concern as I shared the same worries from all those threads before I went. It had been three years since I was last out and I'm glad to report I didn't notice anything apart from it being quieter (mid may).

There are many positive posts around on the forum regarding the relief felt to find things were just as lovely. Concentrate on reading those ones!! Have a great time and try not to worry.
Old 22-06-2010, 21:05

Now look Pollpott, don't you worry about a thing, everything will be perfect

The vulvazela's will have stopped, the bugles playing the last post for England will have stopped, the media have stopped talking about 1066, sorry or was that 1766 , the england and french team's on the same plane home and the fans maybe have some money left over to holiday were they shouldv'e and the Irish at last proving God is Irish and revenge is sweet and angelic (on the french of course) and I bet anyone wearing a South African, Mexican or Uruguayin football shirt has Irish blood in them all of which will be enjoying the beautifull charm pp has to offer.

PS Did you know Patrice Evra is actually Patrick De'velera and has predicted Ireland to win the world cup in 2066 under his management of course

dont worry Pollpot, PP as always, may have changed, but still has it's magic.

hope you all have a ball

Gary

Last edited by gary; 22-06-2010 at 21:20.
Old 22-06-2010, 21:22

I can only add to what the others have said. As you can see on my thread here I visited PP again after 4 years away and it was just as lovely as it ever was 4 years ago. Ignore the negative posts - you'll have a fantastic holiday I am sure.
Old 22-06-2010, 21:48

Just come back from Puerto Pollensa. Had a brilliant time, weather was really good apart from Tuesday (15 June) it rained overnight and was really windy on Tuesday, but still really warm, excellent weather considering I was looking at the forecast and it was supposed to rain up until the Thursday! We took a walk to Pine Walk, yes there was quite a bit of poo, but not as bad as I thought it would be. It did seem very quite and yes there were a few shops that had disappeared (the last time I went was 4 years ago) but it was still good, there did seem to be a lot more older people, at our hotel Pollensa Park, but it was not school holidays. You will really enjoy yourself, as I understand the weather should be much better, we loved it, and wish we could go back. - ENJOY
Old 22-06-2010, 23:38

Hi Pollpott

It will be great, dont`t worry about a thing.

Hadn`t been for a couple of years myself and went in early May
which we had never done before. Weather was changeable but
you get that all the time in Mallorca. Did not expect it to be busy
in May and it wasn`t but it still had that underlying buzz about it.
That is what I always like about PP, it`s discreet atmosphere.

Sure will be busier in July but maybe not as busy as the past,
It was busy enough for us in May and we enjoyed good nights.

Dogs not a serious problem, no more than at home. Place was
in latter stages of sprucing up when we were there and am sure
all will look as beautiful as ever. Yes there are one or two gone
and one or two opened but all old favourites were there for us.

Don`t worry. It will be as good as you remember.

Now start packing

The Wizzard