Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-2010, 23:52

Pollpott, I can only echo the earlier comments. We've been going to Puerto Pollensa every year since 2001 and went for 2 weeks at the very end of May. I thought the weather was really good, a couple of cloudy, windy days, but still very warm. Along with Sis Pins which opened as we left, I definitely got ther impression that some premises that were closed/closing when we were there last September were being prepared to be reopened. The restaurant owners seem to be working very hard to offer set price menus, like Tribeca, to fit within peoples budget, but still offering excellent food and service. The Whitsun week seemed fairly busy to me, a bit quieter the next week. Although I'm sure the business owners need it to be busier, it is nice it's not as heaving as it was a few years back. Didn't think the dog poo was any worse. Sun loungers were out but no money collected in my case! Beautiful place, would still love to be back there now, and only hoping that my numbers come up on the lotty soon, so I can go back for the rest of the summer (some hope!) Have a fab time
Sponsored Links
Old 23-06-2010, 11:01

I went back with hubby first 2 weeks in June.....although (for family reasons) we stayed in Alcudia we were in PP several days/nights over the holday, and can only give my pennyworth....Sis Pins open again, dog poo no worse than last year, couple of places closed, couple of places new, good atmosphere, the square cleaned up a bit, no graffiti on the church, quite a few people out and about, nice and busy but plenty of places to eat, so to anyone coming after a spell away, or anyone new thinking of coming to PP, let me assure you, you will not be dissapointed....it still is such a lovely place to visit/stay and for all the reasons that make many of us keep coming back year in year out.
Old 23-06-2010, 11:13

Smile

Thanks everyone, you've all cheered me up. Now I'm not worried at all. I'm sure it will be as good as ever.
Old 23-06-2010, 16:54

We have also come back from PP and had a brilliant time as usual, the weather was not as good as last year but we still managed to get a nice suntan. We went to Palma last Tues as the weather wasn't too good i have never seen so much rain an absolute downpour we had to stay in the carpark for over an hour. It soon brightened up though but i laughed when i sent our son a photo taken from my mobile phone of people carrying umberellas and he sent me one back of himself sunbathing at home in the UK