Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 10:33

Default noise at apartment

I have just bought an apartment in PP and stayed last week .The pub opposite had parties until 4 am most nights with lots of people drinking to excess smoking and using the outside toilet.I feel 4am is too late .I called the police who shook hands with the owner and more or less dismissed my complaint. I feel 12 is ok timewise but 4 am is terrible.Iam very upset and wonder can anyone suggest what i should do.I understand people are on holiday and want to enjoy themselves but this noise is unbelievable it is the noisiest part of PP after12.I do also feel i should have been told of previous problems .Can anyone help i feel the bar owner is not willing to do anything
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 11:01

Hi Brian where abouts is your apartment? Unless you're opposite Chivas ( and I'm sure you would have been aware of it before you purchased your place) I cant think of anywhere that would be as noisy as you describe and it sounds awful!

The only other place I can think of, which I wasn't even aware of until Bella mentioned in a recent post, is a 'private' club recently opened near the old O Lume location.

PP prides iteself on being a family resort and Chivas is really the only place that is consistently busy with youngsters but then only in the height of the season. You cant hear noise from the club but people do spill out onto the street and can be quite loud. I cant imagine it would be as busy as you describe in June though.
Old 05-06-2010, 15:04

Brian, Hopefully the local law passed last Thurs? should help, if you check the details the shut-off time should be Midnight. Although if it's anything like their no-smoking laws i wouldn't hold my breath

A lot of us suffer similar type of noise, and you do get used to it eventually (you shouldn't have too, i know). Unfortunately there seems very little control over the noise when people leave these establishments, must be the Med. way!

In saying that 90% of PP is noise free at night!

Last edited by Smiddy; 05-06-2010 at 15:09.
Old 05-06-2010, 16:07
Super Moderator

I have done a bit of detective work today, the only place i can think of that has a late licence and toilets outside is Batucada and i have been told that this week Rafa has had the police in the bar and that he has been told to turn the noise down.
Having said that (and btw i do not use this bar) i have to ask you, did you not realise there was a bar close by when you viewed your apartment?, i am afraid that being in a mediteranian holiday resort, late night noise is unavoidable, in fact as i have said before the Spanish are a noisy race and most of the hotel and restaurant staff use the late night places for an unwinding drink at the end of a long shift.
I know this is probably not what you want to hear but maybe you have bought in the wrong area of town.........sorry .
Old 05-06-2010, 17:57

Oh! I do hope it's not there.....called into see Rafa & Miguel, it was quiet with only a handful of people at the time as it was still quite early in the evening. Rafa took me outside to show me the lovely courtyard.....I did wonder about the flats above! Wherever it is Brian, I hope everything works out for you
Old 05-06-2010, 19:58

Thinking about it Batacuda does have apartments overlooking the interior courtyard and this is also where the loos are! Lovely place for a late night cocktail...not so if you are trying to get to sleep!!

As sparky says most of the late night bars are full of locals, probably more so than tourists and goes with the territory. Coconuts was always the same and Jose from Naciente and Manolo from Tango would always turn up very late and stay till kick out time about 4am!

Last edited by debz1; 06-06-2010 at 16:10.
Old 05-06-2010, 21:02

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Brian, Hopefully the local law passed last Thurs? should help, if you check the details the shut-off time should be Midnight. Although if it's anything like their no-smoking laws i wouldn't hold my breath

A lot of us suffer similar type of noise, and you do get used to it eventually (you shouldn't have too, i know). Unfortunately there seems very little control over the noise when people leave these establishments, must be the Med. way!

In saying that 90% of PP is noise free at night!
The new law is stopping music by 4am around the square, as it used to go on til late- As someone else said taht's how they do it here, the person who sold the flat was hardly going to tell you how noisy it was, sounds like that may ahve been the reason for gettibg rid of it. Finally, sorry but you will be wasting your time going to the police
Old 05-06-2010, 21:19

I wonder Brian, if you bought through an agent or privately? If through an agent they should have a responsibility of care in informing you of what the local facility offers. Obviously this would only be the case should you ask a direct question. It would be unusual for an agent to volunteer this information without such a direct request especially in a climate whereby they are fighting to gain their commission! If a direct sale then the owner is under no obligation to supply such information whether asked or not. In short you probably have no redress. This is sad as, ok - buyer beware - but how many potential purchasers would stand outside a property at 4am to measure the noice level? Not many, i'm sure but as Sparky says, it is a holiday resort which brings with it tourist, those who wish to stay in and watch corrie and those that prefer to party. I do hope that things settle for you as PP is a wonderful place as you already know. You should be enjoying your purchase. This is sad and I wish you good luck.
Old 05-06-2010, 23:23

Best buy some ear plugs, I think
Old 06-06-2010, 16:04

Yep! Ear plugs and a extra glass of vino. Batacuda has been there for years so i don't think the seller would try to deceive, try to relax Brian and don't get too uptight about it, some nights it will bother you, but in the main you,ll get used to it.
Old 06-06-2010, 22:25

This is the dilema isn't it - do you buy in the port to be near the buzz and beach et all and all the downs that come with it or do you buy in the quieter ares like Gommar etc with all the downs that go with it
Old 23-06-2010, 11:13
Banned

Hi Brian

I've just returned from 2 weeks at my apartment and I've got a feeling you are in the same place as me ?! Pollentia Mar - the Taylor Wimpey development.

My apartment backs onto the Batacuda bar and yes at times it can be noisy until about 4am.

I didn't realise it was there either but as mentioned, sellers are hardly going to advise you! Anyway, I bought there for several other reasons that suited me.

During my 2 weeks I think the loud noise went on 'til about 4am only twice.....both Saturdays I seem to recall. It has been reported to the police who I know have turned up. But then this is SPAIN so no doubt a free drink and off the Police go !!!

Our administrator has apparently spoken with the owners but for some unknown reason they like their noise volume high!!

The larger of the brothers does the music and I have been in there and left with my ears ringing and stinking of fag smoke............why on earth do people like those 2 combinations?????

The problem lies with a set of doors that leads from the bar outside where the toilets are and the garden area. People being what they are do not shut the doors when going to the toilet and also when drunk and sittng outside their voices get much louder!!

I will willingly help you in any way I can Brian as we have a 21 month old son so it's in our interest to sort out any noise problem. Maybe our paths will cross ??

Nick

P.S. -Taylor Wimpy are a pretty useless bunch and wash their hands of everything as you may have found out so any contact with them my fall on deaf ears. Their property seems to be good though which is another reason why I chose them.

Last edited by Nick; 23-06-2010 at 11:17.
Old 23-06-2010, 18:56

so Taylor Wimpy are useless!!! so would you go back to Bovis about noise next to house you have bought off them? no! i would think there is not alot you can do about it and its sad that hols are ruined by this.
Old 23-06-2010, 21:55

Actually I do know of someone who complained to the builder about a road being built after they built the house, and they got compensation!! Lucky devils. Wish that would work with the by pass that was built after we bought our apartment!
Old 24-06-2010, 06:11

Just shows that you should never just sit back, keep nibbling away and you never know.