Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 19:23

Default My PP Review - 2nd Trip in two years

Hi all

Well I have been back a week after a one week stay at the Valentin Puerto Azul in PP. It is my second trip to PP (last year at the Uyal) so I thought I would do a review after benefitting so much from reading up on the info on this forum.

Valentin Puerto Azul
For a 3* hotel/apartments I was very impressed, the food, cleanliness and staff were great. Apartments were basic but I had looked up a lot of info before I went and packed accordingly. Although we travelled without children, the little ones looked like they had a great time and overall I would book this place again as it also has an excellent location in PP.

Puerto Pollensa
I had raved on so much to my friend before we went about PP being the greatest place on earth, I must admit to being a little suprised at the changes in one year. Admittedly, last year I went in June so the season was well under way but it was so quiet in May. Many of the bars/restaurants were now closed and even pine walk seemed so empty. The sandcastles were not as amazing and as many as my last visit and the musicians that played on the walk, were nowhere to be seen. Restaurants and bars seemed empty and although the weather was lovely, very few people were walking around.

Alcudia
We went into the port/town a couple of times during our stay and Alcudia was the same as PP, very quiet. The Hawaiian bar and Cheers were both closed during the day of our visit. My favourite bar in the port, Mojitos was open but very quiet. Buses werent full even on market day.

Overall we had a lovely and relaxing trip to PP and my friend who had never been before loved it. I felt a bit sad at how much it had changed in only one year but I suppose with the recession on/volcanic ash, its like this all over Europe.

A little piece of my heart will always be in PP but I sincerely hope that tourism picks up and the lovely bars/restaurants survive. PP is a very special place to me and hubby with a mixture of old and new Majorca and I hope to visit again in the next couple of years.

Angie XX
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2010, 20:27

Angie,

Really glad you enjoyed your stay. It's still fairly quiet despite it being UK half term and the sun now splitting the pavements !!!

Great to see the kiddies really enjoying the beach this week.

Keep the faith and we look forward to you coming back in 2011 .

Take care & thanks for posting

BonysLad
Old 04-06-2010, 22:32
Super Moderator

Thanks Angie, i enjoyed reading your post and agree with what Bonyslad said.
Please don't stay away too long, PP needs people like you.
Hasta pronto .
Old 25-06-2010, 18:48
Banned

Hi Angie

Just returned from 2 great weeks in PP. Very good weather. Everything open now. 3 lots of sand sculptures on the front and very impressive, 1 of the babboon in particular! There are several lots of entertainers now, some naff and others very good.

All sun loungers out and even saw them being cleaned by officials!!!

Still quieter than normal but that may be a bonus to some?

Same great atmosphere and beauty so, as said, do keep coming.

Nick
Old 25-06-2010, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Angie,

Really glad you enjoyed your stay. It's still fairly quiet despite it being UK half term and the sun now splitting the pavements !!!

Great to see the kiddies really enjoying the beach this week.

Keep the faith and we look forward to you coming back in 2011 .

Take care & thanks for posting

BonysLad
Very pc BL. after last years visit it will be a very long time before the McJimbos are back.
Sorry mate, it's lost it.

a very sad jimbo
Old 26-06-2010, 08:29

I have to disagree Jimbo, over the past year we have been to quite a number of other (very nice) countries but PP is still top of our list.

PP76
Old 27-06-2010, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo the Jambo View Post
after last years visit it will be a very long time before the McJimbos are back.
Sorry mate, it's lost it.

a very sad jimbo
Sorry to hear that very sad Jimbo......I always thought you loved it as much as us!!
Did you have a bad experience then?? I must say I loved it every bit as much this year!
If not even better....if that is possible...just LOVE the place

Last edited by favie; 27-06-2010 at 18:37.
Old 27-06-2010, 20:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
A little piece of my heart will always be in PP but I sincerely hope that tourism picks up and the lovely bars/restaurants survive. PP is a very special place to me and hubby with a mixture of old and new Majorca and I hope to visit again in the next couple of years.

Angie XX
Meant to add Angie a lot of us feel the same.....glad you enjoyed and what a lovely review.
Old 29-06-2010, 22:21

We come out every year if we can. We tried the mainland for a change last year and all we did was miss PP. We ended up scraping together the pennies to make it out last October for a week. Very, very quiet but still wonderful.
We too have noticed that it seems to get quieter every year, even during festival week. The truth is PP is not the cheapest place to visit unless you know how to find the bargains. I know a few people with kids who love the place but can only afford to come out every two or three years. We're lucky our kids have moved on so we don't need to entertain them. Saying that, my daughter went out in June and introduced her american boyfriend to the joys of PP. He loved it. He said it reminded him of a smaller, quieter Miami!!! Now where did I leave that Phil Collins CD?