Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-06-2010, 19:34

Default Advice re holiday in Pollensa

Hello

I'm thinking of booking a townhouse in Pollensa for a quiet break (the town, rather than Puerto Pollensa), and wondered if you could give me some advice.

I was looking at going in the first two weeks of February (2011), and wondered firstly what facilities would be open then - restaurants, cafes, shops etc. Also, I wondered how quiet it would be (in the old town of Pollensa, if anyone knows it). I'd have a car, but wondered what the bus services would be like then (eg from Pollensa to Puerto Pollensa) as I'm a bit nervous about driving on the right. I'd be booking through Villa Parade, and would appreciate knowing what you thought of them. And finally - the weather. I know it won't be warm, but wondered if it would be mild enough to get about? Or would I be better booking at the end of March/beginning of April?

I'd really appreciate your input, many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-06-2010, 20:06

Hi Greta,

Pollensa out of season is great! Plenty of restaurants open for the locals. We have visited in December and November but never Feb. Great time for walking although I expect the weather could be anything from sunny and warm to freezing.

Villa Parade are IMO a good company to use. They leave you alone but are always on hand if you need them. We have booked with them 4 times and would happily use them again. We booked our last apartment in Pollensa town with irentmyvilla.com, a lovely apartment belonging to a spanish family (on street Pio XI) which I would recommend for a winter break.

I expect forum members who live in the area year round can give you further information.
Old 28-06-2010, 21:33

I can't help you much about being there out of season, but I can say that I love Pollensa and with it being more of a living town I imagine you won't have much of a problem with restaurants being open. Weather is a funny old thing, with a bit of difference between those dates I should think.
Old 28-06-2010, 22:08

Welcome greta - the old town of Pollensa is far more a working town than the port and therefore has more bars and restaurants open out of season and more happening in the way of cultural offerings such as exhibitions, etc.

The weather can be a bit hit and miss - look at this year when it snowed in Pollensa but you can guarantee that it will be warmer than old blighty! We have had some swealtering weather in Feb.

Re public transport it is frequent and cheap and the taxis do not cost the earth.

You will have a lovely time whenever you choose to come
Old 29-06-2010, 09:52

Yes, I agree. February is far more of a challenge than in season months, but as long as you are prepared for some bad weather if it comes, and where you stay does have heating, then you will enjoy the experience. We have been over in February when we have had sunglasses on and watched volleyball being played on the sands in Alcudia, then a couple of years later have seen the snow fall on the orange orchards in Valdemosa!

Just take the driving easy and slowly, and its always far easier to drive out of season anyway as you are not rushed by following traffic, although I do always prefer to follow someone round a roundabout - just to make sure I'm going the right way!

We too have used Villa parade a few times and have always found them extremely helpful.
Old 29-06-2010, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
.......................although I do always prefer to follow someone round a roundabout - just to make sure I'm going the right way.
Hope their final destination is the same as yours then Bella.
Old 29-06-2010, 11:45

Hello

Many thanks indeed to you all, Roig Cat, Mearsy, Gommer Goffer, Belladonna and Whaleywanderer, for this - it's really kind, and very helpful. As a newbie it's good to know there's such a good community out there.

Greta
Old 29-06-2010, 11:48

LOL! Beat trying to understand a SatNav!
Old 29-06-2010, 18:31

Hi. We have used Villa Parade a lot and found them to be very helpfull and efficient. Hope you have a lovely holiday. Pollensa is great at any time of year. Enjoy.
Old 29-06-2010, 20:42

We have visited Pollensa for the last two years over New Year and had really good weather it is the luck of the draw but we love the town out of season, lots of bars and restaurants in the town of Pollensa were open but not all stayed open for the whole of the winter season. If you want to try Puerto Pollensa as well there are more than enough choice in both places out of season. Although we did not use villa parade for our New year trip we have stayed in Pollensa town with them during the summer and we were more than pleased with accomodation and the service we received from them.