Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2010, 18:48

Default MY TRIP 3 years after my last visit.

Well, where shall I start?

We booked a penthouse with VP for the week of the 15th May. It was based in Siller, which was perfect in my opinion. A short hop over the bypass and within a few minutes we were in the hubub. Yet, so peaceful when we returned either in the afternoon or at night. Lovely views from the hot tub on the roof terrace and the sun shone until it disappeared behind a mountain at around 8pm.

Having Sparky's daily weather reports has made me realise how lucky we have been to have it hot as it doesn't seem five minutes that I read daily how things had just started to pick up. Anyway, the weather was awesome. I can see my tan fading daily though!

So, some things I noticed that may be different since three years ago on our last vist....It did feel quiet. I said nothing to the husband about this and it was one of the first things he commented on. Every night, we would poke our heads into the open door of bars and see one, maybe two people in there. The restaurants probably had half the people you would expect to be in them and that's being generous.
The dog poo....didn't seem any different to me. The odd bit here and there, nothing out of the ordinary to anywhere else. I was expecting loads of the stuff!
The palm trees....I didn't notice anything wrong that didn't appear to be natural shredding (I don't even know if that happens!!).
The friendliness....I felt this had dramatically improved since my last visit.

We ate in C'an Joseps twice (once was when Mariano was playing). What a great night that was. Two mains, two sweets, beers and water was between 40 and 50 Euros (most of our meals cost this). Food was top notch and well worth it. The feel of the place was friendly, relaxed and happy.

Maxims...would not go back. Carbonara was tasteless.
La Piazza....was pretty much a non event. Lasagne was extremely salty.
Il Giardino.....always serve nice food, but, this time we felt very rushed and were probably in and out within the hour!
Scaccio Matto (SP!)...Take out pizza, around 10 Euros each. I would go again and wanted to try the restaurant but we didn't get around to it.

All in all, a most enjoyable week. I'd forgotton how you have to look where you are walking at all times, not because of the dog poo, but because of the pavements! I was tripping over things that weren't even there!! Note to self..don't even bother taking heels next time!
We did the Cala Boquer walk, which was lovely and managed to go up to La Victoria and sat at one of the tables overlooking the bay which was beautiful. The drive was much easier than I expected too.

I hope it isn't another 3 years before we go back. I would've quite happily stayed in PP for the duration rather than have gone up to Deia, and that's saying something!
Sponsored Links
Old 30-05-2010, 09:21

Thanks for the report mearsy. Sounds like you had a lovely time. I'm not sure if being a little more quiet is a really bad thing sometimes, helps to slow the brain down quicker and relax!
But oh dear, "dont even bother taking heels next time!" !!!! I dare not comment!
Old 30-05-2010, 09:27
Super Moderator

Great report Mearsy, thank you for taking the time to post it, i hope you come back again soon.
Old 30-05-2010, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearsy View Post
We did the Cala Boquer walk, which was lovely and managed to go up to La Victoria and sat at one of the tables overlooking the bay which was beautiful.
Pleased you made it after all the concerns about Volcanoes spoiling your holiday earlier in the month Looks like you had a great holiday.

Mark
Old 30-05-2010, 16:28

We were lucky, as there was some further disruption after we flew out. I think things will pick up again now the volcano has stopped erupting. There must be loads of people that do last minute holidays still, that may have been put off by the uncertainty at that time. I don't like it when things are rammed, which is why I enjoy the shoulder seasons more. Although, as I said earlier about Sparky's reports, I may go in June next time.

I forgot to mention footwear for Cala Boquer...I did it in little trainer type shoes, but I did see people walking it in flipflops. Now, I can walk for miles in my flipflops but I seriously advise something more suitable and am so glad I wore trainers. It's not impossible to do it wearing flipflops, but the stones are loose and you can bash your feet a bit.

Edit...Putting my pics on Flickr today!
Old 31-05-2010, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearsy View Post
... It was based in Siller, which was perfect in my opinion. A short hop over the bypass and within a few minutes we were in the hubub. Yet, so peaceful when we returned either in the afternoon or at night....
It's very peaceful at night... but the afternoon can be a bit noisy with dogs. It sometimes seems that every dog in Siller is on the balcony and having an contest to see who can bark the longest...

... then suddenly they all stop. Weird.
Old 31-05-2010, 15:12

I had four Perros that I found very entertaining whilst there. They lived in the houses across the road from the apartment and everytime a dog walker came past they would have a barking contest. One was named Rocky, who had to put up with his younger, more annoying sibling that I named 'Naughty Puppy'.