Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 22:33

Default Best place for a beach BBQ

When I am in PP at the end of the month I would like to be able to take a disposable BBQ onto a beach and have a barbie. Is that allowed? And if it is where is the best place for this in PP?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 23:14

Hi,
We also thought this was a great idea and last year took a tiny disposable barbeque down on to Formentor Beach, we waited till about 8.00pm, until the beach was virtually deserted.

However, as soon as we started an officer appeared and pointed out that this was not allowed, although we could not see any signs stating this fact. But he was extremely nice and said as long as we cleared up and obviously made sure that there was no fire risk, he allowed us to continue.

It was such a beautiful evening and just like having our own private beach.

I have never actually noticed anyone having a barbeque in Puerto Pollenca, but obviously our time there is limited. I am sure that you will get plenty of info from the 'locals' on this site.

Enjoy every minute of your holiday.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:37

There is a thread on this somewhere, needs a bit of searching out. But Sundays are usually good days for BBQs. Local ones are often up at the Llenaire end of the beach under the pines. There are many more places a bit further out and if we track down the other thread it will be helpful. Someone will find the time today without a doubt!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:46

In all my years i don't think i've ever seem BBQ's on the beach, maybe i just haven't noticed, but that would suggest there may be some sort of ban. Maybe not a good idea, fine for the people who would clear up, but you'll always get the ones leaving the place in a mess. Only my opinion.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:36

I've seen a few but not many. They are usually at dedicated areas with facilities for bbq's built in. There are bans posted on the large area posters alongside beach areas for various times during the year when it is ofcourse very dangerous for any fires or carelessness causing fires. You do obviously have to check for the safety of the area you are in.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:31

Thanks for the replies.

I've been twice to PP and also didn't notice anyone BBQing on the beach. But both times I had an apartment with a BBQ so didn't pay much attention. This time we are staying somewhere without a BBQ so hence my question.

Belladonna, where are the dedicated areas?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:43

I'm sure I did post ages ago about a BBQ we had just passed Llenaire one year. It was a fantastic evening.. with friends and all the children. We only cooked simple things like sausages but they were the tastiest sausages ever because they'd been cooked on the beach Loads of beer for the adults and soft drinks for the kids and we were sorted!! The only problem was we hadn't really thought about lighting and when it got dark it was very dark And of course the lack of facilities...although we improvised on that one
Old 12-05-2010, 13:54

If you can't decide on a beach, try a Bar-B-Q at the 'Lluch Monastry' Picnic Area.
There are quite a few dedicated Bar-B-Q areas and the Spanish/Mallorcan visitors along with their friends & family often give the area a really good atmosphere.
Old 12-05-2010, 13:57

Mm, I'll never look at an upturned boat in the same way again! LOL!
As for dedicated bbq areas - these are usually on land that is near a church, used for picnics - on the way up to Santa Magdalena is a good one, and one by Lluc monestary is another. Also on the way up to La Victoria. Actually I think that onthe way up to La Victoria I have looked down on to the beach and seen bbq's there too. On fiesta days they do have portaloos there too, although I'm not sure they are there at other times!
Old 12-05-2010, 14:38

We used to stay in the Llenaire area and there were always BBQ's on a Sunday. It seemed to be mainly local people and they used to be on the stretch from Restaurant Llenaire going away from the town centre where there are trees.
You wouldn't normally sunbathe there which is why it was probably allowed but I have to agree with the others in that apart from that, I have never seen people having bbq's on the main areas of the beach.
Old 12-05-2010, 20:20

[QUOTE=Belladonna;43488]Mm, I'll never look at an upturned boat in the same way again! LOL!

Huh! Last time I share a secret with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 20:42

[QUOTE=debz1;43522]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Mm, I'll never look at an upturned boat in the same way again! LOL!

Huh! Last time I share a secret with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What was underneath it - I would like to know?? lol

Just re-read ----- sorry - I DON"T want to know!!! lol

Last edited by eleanor; 12-05-2010 at 20:44. Reason: added to post!!!!!
Old 16-05-2010, 16:00
Super Moderator

I know there have been some questions about having bbq's on the beach, so today i have studied the info boards on the front and it says under "prohibitions" that no fires are to be lit. As bbq's involve naked flames i would assume that they are illegal. These are summertime rules which apply between May 1st and October 31st.
Old 16-05-2010, 16:13

This is understandable as the consequences are obvious.
Actually having just returned from a walk along our seafront, I noticed similar posts so perhaps it is a EEC rule?
Old 16-05-2010, 17:47

Thanks Sparky - I guess no beach BBQs for me then!