Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Music for PP CD (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/5929-music-pp-cd.html)

robjay 27-04-2010 22:31

Music for PP CD

Last night I was looking for the thread where we all suggested tracks for an album "Music For PP"

The daft thing is I bet I'm the only one who still has a copy! of that CD!!!!!

So can you find the thread and post on it before me? or prove me wrong and post a piccie of your CD!!!!!!!!

snowy2007 27-04-2010 22:33

No I still got my copy play it often.

robjay 27-04-2010 22:35

Pollensaman.......................did you ever manage give all those copies of the CD away?:rolleyes:

its cd 27-04-2010 23:03

Well I think I remembered "ordering" a copy but never got one

Even remember calling into the codfather for it in October .... think that would be 2005 but not sure but no pollensaman available that week so went home empty handed

I don;t think the thread is here any more ....... pretty certain it was a thread in the tapas bar when the tapas bar was part of the forum and I don;t know where all those posts went .................... I was trying to find all the PP Poems we all wrote and the stories we wrote one winter about our favourite memories from the previous summer in PP but couldn't find them ...... again either Old Tapas bar or pre hack

From memopry I think the hack was 2006 or 2007 and the tape was definitely before that

debz1 27-04-2010 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by robjay (Post 42875)
Last night I was looking for the thread where we all suggested tracks for an album "Music For PP"

So can you find the thread and post on it before me? or prove me wrong and post a piccie of your CD!!!!!!!!

Still got my copy Rob...keep it at the apartment and it gets played often. Think my contribution was La Isla Bonita and one other but cant remember what :) And we're close nighbours now so you might be able to hear the famous CD playing on a quiet night in Pinaret!!!!

Belladonna 27-04-2010 23:18

Just tried trawling through old posts but useless unless the name of the thread is known really and it may well have been mixed up under another thread name. Well, as the cd is still going round, one of you can list the tracks - but not debs - well not tonight eh!;)

robjay 27-04-2010 23:37

Oh my God!

I can't believe so many of you guys still have copies!!!!

debz1 I will listen out for it back out in June!

I still have a copy of the tracks and who suggested them. in fact somewhere I have another disc with almost all the tracks suggested on it!!!!!

It was post hack. I for one enjoyed that thread and the stories we gave for each track.

Gone but not forgotten:(

robjay 27-04-2010 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 42880)
Well I think I remembered "ordering" a copy but never got one

Even remember calling into the codfather for it in October .... think that would be 2005 but not sure but no pollensaman available that week so went home empty handed

I don;t think the thread is here any more ....... pretty certain it was a thread in the tapas bar when the tapas bar was part of the forum and I don;t know where all those posts went .................... I was trying to find all the PP Poems we all wrote and the stories we wrote one winter about our favourite memories from the previous summer in PP but couldn't find them ...... again either Old Tapas bar or pre hack

From memopry I think the hack was 2006 or 2007 and the tape was definitely before that

Believe it or believe it not CD I had a copy of the CD in my manbag that day in Caprabo!!! I was looking for someone I could give it too:eek:

Now is that not too far fetched to be true??????

Next time we're in PP I'll give you your copy ;)

jiggggy 28-04-2010 00:45

Rob, i remember the thread well, i had just joined the PP forum then (2005 i think) but alas it was in the old Happy Hour , and we all know what happened to that! :rolleyes:

pollensaman 28-04-2010 06:11

Hi Rob,

I still have my copy and all the rest were given out,

Cheers PM.

JH02JLH 28-04-2010 08:02

I still have a copy and play it every now and again - my favourite on it is First Picture of You by the Lotus Eaters, but that wasn't the one I suggested, which I think was REM's Shiny Happy People.:)

pollensa 28-04-2010 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by robjay (Post 42875)

It is here for Old Time's Sake http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...llensa-ii.html but it was from the old Tapas Bar which I had to close so please do use the new Tapas Bar for any general chat. Thanks.

sws97sdg 28-04-2010 09:02

Great minds Zelda, here is a link to the music section of the Tapas Bar, here you can discuss music, play games and generally talk about all things music related. We have a top five section where you can post your top 5 holiday tracks and also watch youtube videos members have posted. Everyone welcome Tapas Bar Music :cool:

Belladonna 28-04-2010 09:57

Thanks Zelda. Wow what a thread and evidently there is a second one too - Chilled out in Pollensa or something. Its actually made in the last post by me!

Rob, there are some really fantastic tunes mentioned and I am desperate for a copy of the original CD. Did you get round to burning 3 in the end with so many tracks? Can I order one off of you?

debz1 28-04-2010 10:22

Bella If you behave you may get an invite to our pad for a drinky (or two) If you're very good maybe even a few tapas..while we listen to the famous PP CD ;)

And for a small fee I could even burn you a copy :D