Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 20:45

Default Your favourite picnic spot?

I want to do some slightly different things when we're out in PP in May. I love the thought of doing lots of nice food and having a picnic somewhere late afternoon/early evening.

I think the pine walk will be an obviously nice location, but it would be nice to hear about other places too.
We are staying in the Siller area, which I've never stayed in before. Although I suppose we'd need to use the car if I'm lugging food around!

Any thoughts or experiences to share?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 21:31

For me it would have to be Formentor. It shouldn't be too crowded at that time of year and I can't think of a more beautiful setting for a picnic on the beach gazing out to sea. The sea could be chilly but think how you'd enjoy a beer or glass of wine after an invigorating dip Heaven!
Old 07-04-2010, 21:40

Got to agree with Debz. Wonderful place but I think I would have to go by boat. The view from the sea is just fantastic.

Another place would be up towards La Victoria again the views across the sea to the Bay are just wonderful.
Old 07-04-2010, 22:24

Ah yes eleanor but the views as you drive over the mountains are also breathtaking, as long as you're not the driver....they have to keep their eyes on the road!!! Also if you go by boat you have to leave with everyone else whereas if you drive you can stay when everyone else has gone home!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:58

emm - all 6 numbers up = own yacht!! = own driver!!

Back to reality - Mearsy - go with Debx!!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:17

Agree with Formentor.
Mearsy, just pop into Eroski (or another store of your choice!) on the way to the ferry and get yourself some nice bread, olives, chorizo, cheese and some of them huge and flavoursome Spanish tomatoes. We did last year (also in May). Four of you can probably eat for a few quid and the ferry is not expensive either. Definitely no car needed unless you intend to take a Harrod's hamper or something! Was one of the most memorable days, eating simple and tasty food under the pine trees on the beautiful beach. Who needs Stay, eh? The sea was quite warm for snorkelling (very clear water and plenty of fish to see) and the beach not crowded at all. It was actually very hot in May last year. Only drawback was the last ferry back was at 1500 and the last bus back was ridiculously early (about 1630 if I remember correctly). We ended up getting a cab back to PP. Will be doing it again in June this year. Do it!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:04

Mearsy,

Can't disagree with any of these suggestions but if you have a car try a picnic in rural Mallorca. Find yourself a quiet spot in the lower slopes of the Taramantana around Campanet and you'd just be amazed by the quietness ( well the odd bell ringing from a goats neck !!! ) and the beauty of what just is twenty minutes from PP .

Enjoy

BonysLad
Old 08-04-2010, 10:12

What a great idea dont forget the cool box
Old 08-04-2010, 11:58
Founder

We regularly take a picnic to Formentor beach & then spend what we've saved, on food, at the hotel's beach bar - very overpriced drinks but a lovely setting! - & a bit comfortable than the rocks. You used to be able to offset the parking charge in any of the cafes/bars but I'm not sure if that still applies? Last time we went they weren't yet charging at the Car Park.
Old 08-04-2010, 13:06

The areas on the road to Victoria have some picnic benches ,and easy access to the shingle beach for a cool off afterwards.
Old 08-04-2010, 16:06

Drive up to Santa Magdelana. As you get near, there is a picnic / bbq spot. Beautiful settiing, then you can drive a little further up - or walk up the steps to the church and the most amazing view of the island, there is a great restaurant there too.
Old 08-04-2010, 17:12

Arrrrgh! More than one picnic then!

Thankyou for all your suggestions. I love Formentor, but am intrigued by La Victoria and have never been. Also intrigued by complete isolation and fantastic views so may go slightly inland too.

As I say, more than one picnic on the cards now!

Oh blimey,

1) Pack rucksack...check!
2) erm....

Old 08-04-2010, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
We regularly take a picnic to Formentor beach & then spend what we've saved, on food, at the hotel's beach bar - very overpriced drinks but a lovely setting! - & a bit comfortable than the rocks. You used to be able to offset the parking charge in any of the cafes/bars but I'm not sure if that still applies? Last time we went they weren't yet charging at the Car Park.
Yes Pollensa you can still offset the palking charge in any of the cafes. The restaurant just down from the hotel one is a bit cheaper and was done up a couple of years ago...nice decking and new tables and chairs, and table service as opposed to self service.
Old 08-04-2010, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
What a great idea dont forget the cool box
Snowy,

Don't push yer luck, Mate !!!!

We might be on the same flight , next week, but I think one arrest for trying to take a dead body on an EasyJet flight is enough for a few weeks !!!!

BonysLad
Old 08-04-2010, 20:44

@ BL! Give snows a bit of slack, it'll be very early in the morning..he'll just look dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Snowy,

Don't push yer luck, Mate !!!!

We might be on the same flight , next week, but I think one arrest for trying to take a dead body on an EasyJet flight is enough for a few weeks !!!!

BonysLad