Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 21:54

Default Somewhere Else

I'd be very interested to hear from forum members on their favourite holiday destinations aside from PP. Looking for amience, relaxation and great food/restaurants. Last couple of years my second holiday has been in Turkey, but want to try somewhere different this year.

Intersted to get opnions
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 22:04

Strange Question, on this site, why not pp.
Old 05-03-2010, 22:08

Thats easy for me to answer got to be CUBA back for 3rd time in July wonderful hotel great food and drinks AI superb beach great snorkeling. Hotel is PRDO at Guardalavaca.

Has links with PP as General Manager and Catering Manager both come from PP
Old 05-03-2010, 22:10

Lake Garda

We stayed in Garda but pleanty of places around the lake as nice

Similar atmosphere as PP
Old 05-03-2010, 22:10

really snowy! - Cuba actually worst destination i've experienced (apart from Benidorm). should have also said i'm thinking short haul (toddler to consider)
Old 05-03-2010, 22:43

We're tied to school holidays and, sadly, found PP too hot last August. So I did some research to accommodate an 18 mth old and 5 year old - plus assorted parents and grandparents.

I came up with Sao Martinho do Porto, approximately the same distance north of Lisbon as PP is from Palma. It sounds similar to PP in size and feel (but no Pine Walk!) family friendly, good restaurants. We're not going until August (when I'm hoping the Atlantic breezes will make it comfortable) so I'm not speaking from experience - but I'm optimistic. Google it and check it out.

Last edited by Bean Counter; 05-03-2010 at 22:44. Reason: A rogue "not" changed the meaning!
Old 05-03-2010, 22:57

Bit more info I think danm i.e. fly or drive, euro or not, self catering or hotel, sea or inland ~ realise you are looking for suggestions but some hints/preferences for guidance helpful.
Old 06-03-2010, 00:06

We are flying out on Tuesday to join the Ruby Princess to cruise the Caribbean which is always very relaxing, the various restuarants on board are very good and the entertainment is great, it's like being in a five star hotel and the scenery changes every day. We are then going to New York for four days which I am sure will be great fun, great shows and restuarants but may not be very relaxing.

Although we have been fortunate to visit many Caribbean islands, for a two week holiday still prefer PP.

PP76

Last edited by PP76; 06-03-2010 at 00:12.
Old 06-03-2010, 00:14

Just to say a friend of mine who knows Portugal well has also recommended the place mentioned above near Lisbon
Old 06-03-2010, 15:57

We have just come back from Aitutaki in the Cook islands and which was voted the best lagoon in the world - and it is!

Long way to go but worth it
Old 06-03-2010, 19:08

Hi, I know you said not Turkey but have you been to Kaya Koy or Akyaka? Our favourites alongside Pollensa of course.
If you want rural try northern Portugal (Ponte de Lima) or Galicia, see Vintage travel for good villas, albeit a bit pricey!

Western Crete is also a favourite, around Chania area. It's good to know that others also holiday elsewhere and the fact we are on this forum speaks volumes for Pollensa! (and PP). X
Old 06-03-2010, 19:16
Founder

Hi guys am afraid this topic has been raised before & isn't appropriate for the Pollensa forum.

There are already recommendations & plenty of discussions on alternative holidays on the Tapas Bar - that's what it is for so please have a look there: Travel & Holidays - Discussion Areas - The Tapas Bar - Message Board Yuku. Thanks.
Closed Thread