Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-02-2010, 01:02

Default Halifax

I have just heard that the Halifax in Puerto Pollensa is closing down

This is really sad , Sonia and her team there are second to none when it comes to customer service and will be missed
Sponsored Links
Old 18-02-2010, 10:23

I agree ppace. I have never had such good service from a ank,I just hope the Santa Ponsa staff match up to them.
Old 18-02-2010, 12:56

Default Banco Halifax in PP

Oh dear
That is truly bad news.
Like you say I have never had such good service from this branch.
Sonia and Andreea are so helful. Just hope it's not true!
Old 18-02-2010, 15:43

Like others, we opened our Euro account with Sonya and Andreea simply because they were so helpful, whereas the other banks in PP didn't seem bothered if they did or did not get our business. Does anyone know when the axe might fall?
Old 18-02-2010, 15:51

I believe they close early March. I met the manager of the Santa Ponsa branch yesterday who said that nothing should change. All details will remain as they are for standing orders and transfers etc.
Old 18-02-2010, 16:55

Thanks for that Lollipop, we won't be in PP until the middle of March so I'll E mail Sonya and Andreea to wish them well.
Old 18-02-2010, 17:07

Default Banco Halifax in PP

Yes, the story about Banco Halifax is sadly true.

I've just had a call from Tom Dingle, of the Santa Ponsa branch of Banco Halifax confirming this.

He said that the branch in PP would close on March 17th 2010 and explained that this was mainly because there were fewer new mortgages being taken out and that this was an important part of their business.

He also mentioned that Lloyds in Palma was available and he hoped that in 2 - 3 months, customers could use the Lloyds there or the Banco Halifax in Santa Ponsa in the same way (once their computer systems had been harmonised).

I asked about Andreea and Sonia - mainly because their outstanding customer service has been the reason for banking with Halifax there. He wasn't sure what would happen to them but indicated that Andreea may have found some work local to PP.
Old 19-02-2010, 02:36

I'm gutted to hear this as the Halifax is directly below my appartment and I sleep soundly in me bed knowing that all that money is below me !!!!

Will just have to have an extra glass or two of vino in the evening now !!!!

Any news on what will replace it ?

If it's another Chinese I'm staying here in Oz !!!!

Bonyslad
Old 19-02-2010, 09:58

Unhappy Halifax bank

I too am very sad to hear this news. Excellent service all round from day one.

Just off the phone from Andreea who very kindly phoned me with the news.
She was quick to assure me that our accounts will not be affected and will be accessible as normal via Online Banking.
The only downside would be if we needed face-to-face service in which case we would have to go to Santa Ponsa.
The upside would be that at least there would be one friendly face there - Francisco who was originally in the PP branch is now in Santa Ponsa.

She said the decision to close the branch had been very sudden and a shock to all.

A sad day in Puerto Pollensa come 17th March.
Old 19-02-2010, 12:52

Sign of the times, i'm afraid, properties aren't selling, not many buying, therefore not a great need for mortgage business.
Old 20-02-2010, 17:56

Default Any recommendations

Hi, we are also with Banco Halifax and have been amazed at their standard of customer service. Puts many UK branches to shame in my opinion. Has anyone any recommendations for a new bank in the Port? I intend to close my account simply because I want to be able to call into a branch to sort things out when over there.
I used Banco March on C/ Atilio Boveri (just behind the Daina) at the end of last year and they helped me pay our Tax bill through their system and they had one English speaking member of staff at least. (He told me he was married to a Scottish girl so not sure if that counts) Only joking Does anyone use Banco March and if so what are your feelings. I hope to be able to transfer all my Direct Debits over seemlessly...Ha!
Old 20-02-2010, 18:03

We bank with Solbank and I must say that we are very happy with their service and their attitude. Plus they speak English which is very much a plus. Certainly I could recommend.
Old 20-02-2010, 23:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansclan View Post
Does anyone use Banco March and if so what are your feelings. I hope to be able to transfer all my Direct Debits over seemlessly...Ha!
Ryansclan,

Have used Banca March ( opp the Daina ) for years and they are excellent. Ran out of dough earlier this year in me Euro account and they just rang me up to say no prob and kept paying my standing orders whilst I " topped up" from the UK. Use their on line banking to ensure that it doesn't happen again .

Strongly recommend them and you can always find someone to speak english there .

BonysLad
Old 21-02-2010, 00:25

We have used what is now Santander on the corner of Calle Formentor - their staff are always friendly and speak good English. They are so laid back it unbelievable - how many UK banks keep wads of cash in the desks in the front of house!

They even ask my wife how I am if she is over there without me - it got to a point where I had not been out for over 18 months due to our new business that she felt sure that they thought she had done away with me (or maybee that is what she told them - one of them is very good looking - she says!)

GG
Old 21-02-2010, 01:35
Super Moderator

We use Santander as well GG, the good looking one is called Maurice unfortuneately for your wife and me, he has moved , but it is good news for him he has been promoted to manager of the Alcudia branch.