Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-01-2010, 10:14

Smile New to Puerto Pollensa

A friend of mine who sadly passed away last year, loved Puerto Pollensa. So after having many soggy holidays in England I have decided to take the plunge and have book a weeks hols in July. I am going with my partner, we have 5 kids between us (9yrs to 18yrs) who all surprise surprise want to come as well.

Having never been before, I would appreciate any must see, must do, must try things while we are there. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 15-01-2010, 10:24

Hi emmalou and welcome to the forum!

The best thing you can do initially is to have a good read of the forum to get an idea of what there is to see and do. If you have any specific questions, it's best to ask them in the relevant forums, such as places to eat, excursions, etc.

I hope you have a great holiday in PP!

Jane
Old 15-01-2010, 10:32

Emmalou, you will have a fabulous time - and great weather in July! The beach and Pine Walk are lovely if you just want to stroll around and relax. I would definitely recommend going to the old town of Pollensa - a short bus ride away - it's very traditional Mallorcan and has some beautiful old buildings and sights to see. It's especially good fun on market day - Sunday morning - we always aim to get there early and have breakfast in the square, before it becomes too packed.
There are loads of lovely places to visit but to be honest if this is your first trip you will probably want to spend most of the time in PP. We have been coming for 15 years - twice a year - every time I draw up an itinerary of things to do but then we find we are enjoying ourselves so much just soaking up the atmosphere of PP that we rarely venture far from the place...
Old 15-01-2010, 10:44

Aww thanks for the quick replies, not used a forum before. Yeah i know I will go all organised with itinerary, but when the kids see the sea guess that will be that, plus no wetsuits needed this year!!!

Think eating in the evening is going to be the hardest thing, with so many of us, including teenage boys who can eat for England, but not spending a fortune!! We have a BBQ so hoping to utilise that and maybe some takeaways?! :S
Old 15-01-2010, 13:46
Founder

Welcome to the forum Emmalou.

If your key concern is where to eat, do have a look at the restaurant forum Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca - Pollensa Forum, have a good read & then ask any specific questions.

We also have a good number of them featured, along with sample menus, on our main website - see Restaurants, Cafes, Bars in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca Mallorca as this is the discussion forum linked to the main website www.puertopollensa.com
Old 15-01-2010, 16:37

Sure you will all have a great time. We've been going for several years now, and only been as far as old town and water park in Alcudia! hired car in October to see the island only got as far as Formentor and Alcudia old town, why travel when you have everything.
Old 15-01-2010, 19:44

Thanks for all the tips, sure we are going to have a lovely time :
Old 15-01-2010, 20:00

Never sure if you are allowed to do this (asked on this forum before) but we take the barbeque onto the beach - beyond the 'Llenaire jetty' on the Alcudia side at dusk in the summer. Armed with plenty of mossie spray, plenty of vino tinto, cerveza and soft drink for the kids - what an evening! Can honestly say our beach barbie nights in PP with our friends there are better than any restaurant in the world!!!
Old 15-01-2010, 20:08

What a wonderful idea!
Can we get into trouble for doing this, I wonder??
I'm sure other people have done this and will let us know if they have got into trouble for doing so.

Last edited by eleanor; 15-01-2010 at 20:10.
Old 15-01-2010, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
What a wonderful idea!
Can we get into trouble for doing this, I wonder??
I'm sure other people have done this and will let us know if they have got into trouble for doing so.
We have asked the question a few times but never had a definitive answer. As I say plenty of mossie spray, a torch, some candles foil trays with some garlic butter and drop in the prawns.
Old 15-01-2010, 22:41

Sounds great - lovely bottle of red too! Going to reserve my spot next time out!
Old 15-01-2010, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Properties View Post
We have asked the question a few times but never had a definitive answer. As I say plenty of mossie spray, a torch, some candles foil trays with some garlic butter and drop in the prawns.

We've done this too in the same place at Llenaire

What a great evening Never forget the first time we did it with some friends and all the children. We'd been picked up and driven down to the beach with all our supplies and nearly had hysterics when we got there. My friend was sitting on one of those low down in the sand sun chairs thingys, wearing an amazing floaty dress drinking a G and T on a desserted beach at dusk! Shirley Valentine eat you heart out
Old 16-01-2010, 13:12

Its very popular with the locals for Sunday BBQs too, and as long as everyone is very aware of looking after the fires and any sparks it is ok. Sometimes in high summer with the strong risk of fires they only take picnics.