Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 11:22

Default package holiday prices 2010

Hi Everyone

I have been just checking out prices for 1 week in PP flying from Belfast, and it is coming out at £1530 (2 adults, 2 kids staying in Villa Concha end June); Do any of the N.I. viewers know of anywhere offering more reasonable prices for same/similar accomodation. Your help would be greatly apreciated.

Many thanks

Gary
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2010, 11:46

Default 2010 Prices

Hi Gary,

Have you thought about pricing up flights and accommodation separately yourself instead of doing a package holiday? There are some great villas/apartments to rent on this site.

You can get some great deals on flights, I am about to book 2 adults and 1 infant for last 2 weeks in June for £280 total and that is from Scotland.

Hopefully somebody else can help you.

Star.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:09

We always book direct with owners from this site now and fly easyjet/jet2 from Newcastle. Not sure on your dates but just checked Villa Concha site and just under 600 euro for last week in June. Good Luck
Old 08-01-2010, 15:24
Founder

You can also book Villa Concha separately with 'Sunshine' & I think they can do flights as well. See puertopollensa.com/hotels_apartments_pollensa.html#villaconcha or you can find your own & then either get shared taxi or shuttle bus from the airport - see Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers

Try costing it out & see if that works out cheaper.
Old 08-01-2010, 17:49

Hi Gary,

I have to agree and suggest you look at finding accommodation and flights separately and arrange your own holiday. I think this sounds a little expensive especially for June. I am sure you can find a lovely apartment or villa on this site for less than Villa Conche quote either by going directly to them or otherwise and arrange your own flights. Easyjet or the like offer good deals at the moment and doing your own thing could save a few pennies.
Another consideration perhaps is that although there is nothing wrong at all with Villa Conche you may well find that the room is small and of course that is all you will get - a room. If it is the facilities of an apart hotel which appeals, you will find for the cost of a drink you are able to visit and enjoy the entertainment that many of the apart hotels have to offer.
Good luck with whatever route you choose.

Last edited by eleanor; 08-01-2010 at 17:54.
Old 08-01-2010, 18:10

Many thanks everyone for your replies. Unfortunately I have never tried booking things separately (always worried incase something goes wrong, flight delays, apartment double booked etc). I think I might give it a go judging by the prices for the package route.
Its not that I particularly love the villa concha (have stayed twice b4) but it is in a convenient location.
Hopefully I will be able to source something, but once again many thanks for your suggestions.
Any further comments most welcome.

best regards

Gary
Old 08-01-2010, 19:34

Hi Gary...we did a package to Villa Concha 11 years aga and and it cost us £1,200 then for 2 adults and 1 child for 2 weeks...that was the last time i ever booked a package - there are many private appartments to rent in the Pinaret area...this we did for a few years in order that my daughter could enjoy the Villa Concha pool etc.Would certainly recommend it as you would have the best of both worlds...
Old 08-01-2010, 19:56

Gary, I really do not think you need to worry about things going wrong by booking directly. If you use this site then you will be dealing with the actual owner of the apartment or villa so there would be no chance of it being double booked. As far as flight delays, well that can always happen and if you are going direct it makes very little difference. If you decide not to rent a car then take a look on this forum at the shuttle services to Pollensa. You will see that those too offer an excellent service. Like with any holiday it is always best to take out holiday insurance. I'm sure that you will find all will be fine and you have a great time. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2010, 21:33

Smile

Booked direct from this site for the first time about 4 years ago after being on lots of package holidays, and this is the route I would choose from now on....unless of course you want to live in a small apt/room in a holiday complex. Personally I would rather have a private apartment and live like a local!! Try flights from Newcastle..Easyjet are probably the cheapest option! I'm sure you'll not be disappointed.
Old 08-01-2010, 21:58
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
- there are many private appartments to rent in the Pinaret area...this we did for a few years in order that my daughter could enjoy the Villa Concha pool etc.Would certainly recommend it as you would have the best of both worlds...
To find these try searching for apartments in the South, Sandy Beach area - may of our properties have a location map so that you can see where they are. If not I'm sure owners will give you more information.

See Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)
Old 09-01-2010, 19:21

Hi Gary

I can understand your concerns about taking the plunge and booking 'separates', but having done this myself for the past few years I definitely think you get much more for your money and have thankfully never had any problems.

Just to give you an idea, I've booked flights for 4 from Belfast for a week in July plus a 2-bedroomed apartment directly from this site in a private block called Las Mimosas, which is very close to the Villa Concha. I've never stayed there before, but it seems to come highly recommended. I will probably book transfers with Resorthoppa as we've used them before, but last year we took the public bus which was easy, cheap and very comfortable. The total cost for my holiday is £1000 and as you will no doubt be aware, package deals from Belfast during July usually cost around double that.

I hope this is of some help. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 11-01-2010, 13:25

Hi Gary, not sure if you've already booked your holiday yet but Alpharooms have an apartment in Villa Concha for £476 for 26/6 - 3/7. I have used Alpharooms in the past without any problems and have booked my apartment at Villa Concha for my holiday in May/June this year. Hope this helps.
Old 11-01-2010, 20:56

HELLO Gary, just checked Book cheap holidays and holiday deals at thomascook.com and they have belfast int to palma 29June 7 nights, 2 adults and 2 children in Villa Concha £1472.00 great flight times and 15 kg baggage allowance.
We have booked 2 adults and 1 child flying with jet2 from belfast 06 July 7 nights for £550 and a wonderful 2 bed apt from this sites private apartments to rent which we have now stayed in 6 times for £490.
I do hope you can sort somethong out. Regards Tanya
Old 11-01-2010, 22:23

Once again, many thanks everyone for all your suggestions and kind help. Its amazing the savings you can make by booking everything separate and what really pleases us is the fact that you are not necessarily tied into the normal 7 day package holiday (no offence intended to anyone). There are numerous apartments that are flexible on your arrival/departure dates/times which means with hopefully any saving we make, we could maybe stay an extra day or three There has been very kind pm's regarding apartments available and also kind assistance with details on the shuttle service etc Sorry for being long winded but as this is something we have never done before it all seemed quite daunting, but thanks to all your help, hopefully we will not remain "virgins" too long. All we need now is to get the same time off together, which is proving tricky, and hopefully off we go (although I have volunteered to take the kids on my own, but the response I couldn't print).

many thanks once again

Gary
Old 12-01-2010, 11:53

Hi glad your thinking of taking the plunge, we tend to use private taxi for transfer as doesn't work out much more than transfer bus when there are four of you. Also look into the travel insurance Post Office have scheduled airline failure so if something should go wrong like with globespan recently your covered to get home.