Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   years (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/5467-years.html)

tim 16-12-2009 16:24

years

Have not been to pp for 10 years is it still a nice place

Chemical Dave 16-12-2009 18:52

yes

Adios

Dave

Disorderly 16-12-2009 19:57

Hi Tim

PP is still at least as good as it was ten years ago. We have been coming every year since 1994, often more than once a year, and in many ways there are improvements.

The beach is probably cleaner and there are more loos. The road system is vastly improved, by-passing traffic around the town. The general standard of restaurants has improved (if you ignore Tex Mex, Burger King etc), and I think that there's more choice.

Parking in the town can be a bit of a mission sometimes, but that's the only downside I can think of.

There's a lot of debate about prices being higher on this website, which is a fantastic place to find all sorts of information from a great bunch of people.

So go for it I say. I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Best wishes.

Duncan

eleanor 16-12-2009 20:29

Hi Tim,

I agree with everything Duncan says. If you search you will find posts from people who have returned having tried another destination and also those of people thinking of perhaps trying somewhere else and then changing their minds. The only problem you may have with coming back to PP is that you will probably be hooked and want to come back time and time again. PP is a wonderful place at anytime of the year.
As for the prices -again you will find posts suggesting high prices as Duncan says, but you will find many ideas here to assist you including a run down on restaurants, their prices and what they have to offer. You can holiday on a budget if thats what you want to do.
You have asked our opinion and I for one will say, go for it - if you loved PP ten years ago, i'm sure you will love it now too as many of the small changes are for the better. you will discover what it is that hooks us all!

ray 17-12-2009 21:30

No PP is not nice, it's absolutely fantastic( although I wish the rain would stop tonight!!!)We're just not used to rain- see Sparkys weather in PP for NOVEMBER! Come and have a great holiday

eleanor 17-12-2009 22:04

I would swap the PP rain for the freezing wind and snow we have here tonight! It is so horrible here and skin burning cold. Every spare minute today I have clicked on to the web cam - surprising just how looking at PP can make you feel so much better even in the ghastly UK weather!

Belladonna 18-12-2009 11:58

I couldnt do without a bit of snow at some point! I remember going up to Valdemossa in February a couple of years ago when it was snowing. Seeing the oranges on the trees covererd in snow was SO pretty! And then eating the potatoe cakes with hot chocolate.... yum!
The snow here at the moment on the otherhand is just turning into slush, but at least the sun is starting to poke through!