Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 16:18

Default Second thoughts put aside

After my second thoughts about next year, we have again booked our three week holiday in PP. I could just not go through the winter without knowing I would be back again in August to sample my favorite place yet again.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2009, 16:50

It is without doubt one of the most addictive islands in the world, and we all appear to need our fix no matter what! You have no chance going cold turkey - Christmas or not!
Old 11-12-2009, 22:06

Brilliant decision, you'll have another great time, and november's weather has been like summer so hopefully August will be hot hot hot
Old 12-12-2009, 16:58

Yep! Just back, a week of glorious weather stolen from summer, didn't need to spend much, and had PP all to myself! Not trying to be smug (we'll maybe just a little)
Old 12-12-2009, 20:02

Mwc, Good decision.
I was having second thoughts about booking next year's holiday in PP, as well. But we've just decided that we can't possibly not go to PP. We've been going there for the last 7 seven years and can't imagine spending the summer hols anywhere else.
We might try a hotel next year instead of our normal one bedroom Pine Walk apartment. Next year's price for the apartment is 790 Euros per week! And we normally stay for 2 weeks. On top of that, of course, are the flights, transfers and food and drink.
The apartment, which is what really makes it for us, has a lovely, large secluded balcony, not over-looked by anyone else. The two of us, sitting on that balcony, on a hot July/August night, after a lovely meal in one of the restaurants, drink in hand and watching the shooting stars in the jet black sky. The sound of other happy holiday-makers walking along the Pine Walk back to their hotels or apartments. It's just fantastic. (If I close my eyes, I'm almost there now!) So the cost, I think, is worth it.
But we have been looking at a few hotels - The Romantic, The Miramar or The Pollentia with Thompson holidays. The prices, obviously, include flights, transfers etc. And to be honest there's not much difference between a hotel and the Pine Walk apartment. I'm after a bit of advice, really. Apartment (which we love) or hotel?
Have any of you stayed in one of those 3 hotels? Can you recommend them?
All suggestions gratefully received.
We've normally booked our summer hols by now, usually as soon as we come back, but we've been delaying it for various reasons.
Thanks,
T
Old 12-12-2009, 22:04

Smile

Pollpott

My thinking is that if you normally enjoy an apartment (as we do) for the freedom and privacy you may not enjoy a hotel......no fridge....no kettle (perhaps) and being dictated by mealtimes etc etc. We have thought about hotels in the past, and eventually decide that an apartment is the best choice. To cut some costs we are going for 11 nights in July (instead of 14) Not much shorter holiday but we are saving some money by doing this!!....think carefully before you make your choice......it is after all probably your main holiday and you don't want to make a mistake with accommodation.
Old 13-12-2009, 13:12

Thanks Ragdollabbi. I think we will have the apartment again . Like you said, the privacy and freedom are something you don't get with a hotel. But we haven't decided for definite yet.
T
Old 13-12-2009, 13:14

What about trying another apartment. There are some available for less than you pay on the pinewalk,but would mean a compromise.
Old 13-12-2009, 19:03

Pollpott, If i were you i'd stick with the apt, you know what your going to get and you seem very happy with that, something you may lose by going to another apt or hotel, noisy neighbours, kids etc (no offence,now!). Unfortunately the r/e is the main problem these days. I was over last week and the weather was so good we spent the whole week on the balcony, including breakfast! something money can't buy.
If it was me i'd stick to the same apt, but have a very close look at what your spending during the day, our 1st port of call was the Lidl supermarket in Inca (or similar) were for a little over 16 Euros we got all the water, butter,sandwiches fillers, homemade soup ingriedients to last us the whole week, all that was required was the local PP fresh bread, tomatoes etc, not a lot of money required there, and i'm talking far better food than i eat at home. This left the bulk of our spending money for evenings, dining out etc.
We all know it's not cheap to go on holidays these days, but like every other decision during a recession at the moment it's a matter of "what do i want the most"?

Last edited by Smiddy; 13-12-2009 at 19:09.
Old 13-12-2009, 22:18

Any lingering doubts that we took the correct decision to book PP next year have been blown away following a recent week in Los Americas Tenerife. Accommodation, to be fair, was clean comfortable and quite acceptable. However would you want to spend your holiday on the set of 'Benidorm' after 9 years of PP? We found some excellent restaurants - on par with the best in PP, but the majority were of the 2 and 3 euro for full english breakfast type. And the touts! - food - timeshare and goodness what else - couldn't enjoy a walk down the front without these guys keep trying to stop you.
A far cry from PP - roll on August - can't wait!
Old 14-12-2009, 11:15

Thanks all,
The apartment it is then. It's what we like the best, anyway. I shall have it booked asap, hopefully.
T
Old 14-12-2009, 16:43
Super Moderator

Fantastic news Mwc, Pollpott and Clinkham. Glad to see the love affair continues.
Old 14-12-2009, 20:25

Well, after all my moaning and second thoughts and negative vibes I've just, in the last couple of hours, booked flights and 'our' pine walk apartment for next year! And it feels great. How could I ever have thought of going anywhere else for our main summer holiday? Is there anywhere else? So, it's a bit more expensive, big deal. When you buy a Rolls Royce, you expect to pay a little bit extra. And PP is the Rolls Royce of holiday destinations. (PP Tourist Board, if you want to use that as your catch-phrase, feel free!)

In fact, our flights are £150 cheaper for next year than we paid this year.

I've just noticed that on the Forum at the moment there are 3 members logged in and 16 guests.

All I can say to those guests, if you've never been to PP, do yourselves a favour and book a holiday there as soon as you can. You won't regret it. It''s a little paradise.

Only 200 days to go!!!!

Tony
Old 15-12-2009, 07:49

We also had second thoughts but the draw of PP after 8 great hols there was to much and we have booked again for next summer cant wait.
Old 15-12-2009, 11:30

We all know it makes sense, PP has always been a little more expensive, but let's not kid ourselves and think we can go elsewhere and save bucket loads of money, cheap holidays are long gone. The other side of the coin, think of all the things we get for free in PP, which we know aren't available elsewhere.

Think we also tend to forget some of the great deals available on flights, 10 years ago i've paid, £150, £200, even £440

Last edited by Smiddy; 15-12-2009 at 11:34.