Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Sparky for Mayor (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/5362-sparky-mayor.html)

Chemical Dave 03-11-2009 19:13

Sparky for Mayor

There is no one else on this forum who sell PP in such a positive light like Sparky. She should stand for Mayor!

Vote Sparky!

Adios

Dave

sleepyboaby 04-11-2009 00:16

A vote for sparky
is a vote to party

vote sparky!!!

BonysLad 04-11-2009 10:55

Fraid Sparky wouldn't get past the first post.

She'd be disqualified cos she might know what she was doing !!!!!

"Disgruntled with the Local Council" BonysLad :D:D

Sparky 04-11-2009 11:51

And i was going to ask Bonyslad to be my campaign manager :rolleyes:.
Seriously though, there have been so many negative posts about PP lately that i just try to redress the balance. Of course there are problems here but is there any place in the world that is "The land of milk and honey" ?. I don't think so ;).

Bigandyg 04-11-2009 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 36788)
Fraid Sparky wouldn't get past the first post.

She'd be disqualified cos she might know what she was doing !!!!!

"Disgruntled with the Local Council" BonysLad :D:D

May as well go for Euro president then.

BonysLad 04-11-2009 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigandyg (Post 36794)
May as well go for Euro president then.

What, and upset nice Mister Blair !!!!

BonysLad :D:D

Nick 04-11-2009 18:14

Anyone who can do something about all the dog mess everywhere would get my vote !! I am now a frequent visitor to PP and it is getting worse.

I sat outside Bony's one evening last month and a local male walking his dog let it mess 20' from where I was sat right in the square............he didn't even bat an eyelid. What is wrong with these people ???

eleanor 04-11-2009 20:21

Here in the UK we have been educated and agree that it is unacceptable behaviour. This is not the case in some European countries. Until it is challenged as has happened here, then people will not bat an eyelid. It happens because no body objects. I'm afraid until it is seen as unacceptable it will not get better. Not sure how many doggie bins there are in PP or even if they are used if there are any. It would make such a difference if the council were to stand up and fight some of the slap dash attitudes that seem to be the norm that is not helping a wonderful place to keep it reputation.
Also, as a non smoker, I really noticed the number of people smoking without a care to others whilst on my last visit. - Dog ends and dog poo = 1 place only - the bin!

med777 04-11-2009 23:30

Couple of things spring to mind Eleanor... Spain's attitude has come a bit of the way concerning animals as pets... but has a long way to go. It is evident in the general choice of dog... in the past this has mainly been 'lap' dogs... requiring minimum maintenance and not much in the way of healthy exercise. (a bit of an accessory) I really don't think as a nation... they actually 'get' the whole being a responsible pet owner thang yet and in the main are unaware that this is a problem. But I have noticed in recent years, thier attitude is beginning to change, so hopefully, the knock on effect will be they clean up their 'dugs' act :)
As a smoker..it is extremely annoying when there isn't somewhere to put out ur cigarette.
At least 'dog ends' can be swept up... which is more than chewing gum can be.

Miriam