Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Weather in pp (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/5343-weather-pp.html)

Kestrel 28-10-2009 17:13

Weather in pp

We will be staying in pp for a week from the 26/12/2009 we have been coming to pp for about the last 20 something years but not at this time of year. Can anybody let me know what to expect weather wise.

BonysLad 28-10-2009 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kestrel (Post 36633)
We will be staying in pp for a week from the 26/12/2009 we have been coming to pp for about the last 20 something years but not at this time of year. Can anybody let me know what to expect weather wise.

Kestrel,

Short answer, having spent quite a few late Dec/early Jans here , is you just can't tell. I would say on average that I have spent more New Year Day's in shirt sleeves walking on the Pine Walk in lovely sunshine than in cold rain. Once the sun goes probably 4 ish ,it goes quite chilly, so coats if you go out tonight. However total gamble, my friend, you cannot be guaranteed great weather but if you get it ,a huge bonus. Coldest I ever felt here was this year , early Jan, when the ambient temp was only 5 degrees ( not even freezing ) but snow on Taramuntana !!!!

The weather now is fabulous, probably 28 degrees at 2 p.m. but it needs to warm up during the early morning and despite it still being upper teens now , pullover or cardigan weather .

Hope this helps

BonysLad :):)

romanb 29-10-2009 11:32

Last year we visited for the first time for New Year and were pleasantly suprised we had several sunny days where we were able to sit outside and only one really cold day. We have booked again this year so are hoping that we will see similar weather. Agree def. need a coat not only for the evening but on our one cold day, it was really cold and windy.

Kestrel 01-11-2009 21:21

Weather in pp

Thanks for your replies re weather hope we have some winter sunshine when we come over. We will be arriving in pp around 22.00 on the 26/12 can anyone let me know if there will be any resturants or carryouts still open.Also will there be any new years eve celibrations in the port or old town.

JH02JLH 01-11-2009 21:49

Hi Kestrel

If you look under Bars and Restaurants in PP, you will see a section called FAQs - frequently asked questions. There's details of restaurants open late and those open over Christmas and New year.

romanb 01-11-2009 22:29

As well as the restaurants with celebrations, last year Pollensa town had a live band in the square lots of people dancing in the streets and a lovely atmosphere. We are returning for New year so we are hoping that the same will apply this year.

whaleywanderer 02-11-2009 11:31

'Gordys' - the late bar/takeaway (advertises that he opens till 2.0am) is situated just behind burger king on Virgen del Carmen, I know he intended staying open through the winter but business was very poor when we were there in October so may have closed, perhaps one of the locals can confirm.

Sparky 02-11-2009 12:32

I haven't been down that way for a while but have been told it is closing for the winter.