Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   A sad day in PP. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/5290-sad-day-pp.html)

Sparky 08-10-2009 22:55

A sad day in PP.

Hi guys, i am posting this because i know there are a few of you who will want to know.
Maggie, the lovely Scottish lady who was an institution here, has sadly passed away. All of us who knew her are very sad.
RIP Maggie, you will be missed.

gina39uk 09-10-2009 08:03

Remembering Maggie

After passing an otherwise very enjoyable 10 days in my beloved PP I was saddened to hear last night of the passing of my good friend Margaret Mitchell - or 'Maggie' as she was known to most.

Those of you who knew her well are aware that she had not been well for some time but that never deterred her from helping others. She always had a kind word for everyone, young or old. Maggie was a true friend to me and will be sorely missed. I am just thankful she died in her beloved Puerto Pollensa where she will always be remembered with great fondness.

Rest in Peace Maggie Dear Friend!

Gina

sleepyboaby 09-10-2009 23:36

What sad news indeed.We met up with Maggie last month and she was telling me that she had set the wheels in motion to return back to Falkirk to be near her relatives.
I have had the pleasure of knowing this dear lady for seven years and we always took the time to visit her every time we were out.She was so frail on my last trip that i called in every day to do chores for her.
God Bless you Maggie i will miss you xxx

Sparky 16-10-2009 08:25

There will be a memorial service for Maggie on Monday October 19th at 3pm, in the church in the square.

Sparky 17-10-2009 21:53

I have been asked to tell any of you who are going to the memorial service, that the family have requested that you do not bring flowers. There will be a collection at the church, most of the proceeds will go to Cancer Research in the UK but some will be shared out between, the residentia in Pollensa and an animal charity.

Sparky 19-10-2009 18:51

I attended Maggie's memorial service this afternoon. The sun was shining and it was like it was shining just for her. The church was almost full and the vicar commented that Maggie had managed to do what he couldn't, by getting so many people in there. It was a lovely service and finished very aptly with the playing of Rod Stewarts "Maggie May".
Many of us then went to Nostalgia where there was an excellent buffet laid on and we all raised a glass to a very lovely lady. God Bless you Maggie.

gina39uk 19-10-2009 22:13

Remembering Maggie

Thank you Lyn (Sparky) for keeping us informed re Maggie.

I was sorry not to have been there in person to attend her Memorial Service but I and my family were there in spirit. We raised a glass to her this afternoon and shared our many fond memories of Maggie.

I shall be out again in PP on Friday 23rd and no doubt will catch up with mutual friends and raise a few more glasses in her memory. Rest in Peace dear friend.

Sparky 19-10-2009 23:54

Hi Gina, i did take yours and a few other peeps (who i know knew Maggie) thoughts with me. So hopefully your presence was felt.
I am sure we will meet up when you are here, at least i hope we do.

gina39uk 20-10-2009 07:51

Hi Sparky - Most certainly I hope to catch up with you. Sorry I missed you last time. Looking forward to it.
El Posito or Nostalgia? Sure to find you somewhere. I will send you my phone number by PM.

See you soon.

Gina

Sparky 20-10-2009 09:02

Thanks Gina, see you soon.:D