Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-2009, 13:38

Default Just back from annual visit

Just back a couple of weeks ago from our annual family three week holiday in Puerto Pollensa. Having been going now for a good few years in a great villa, we have already booked again for next year. The one thing I noticed this year is the amount of dog mess around on the pavements etc. This problem needs sorting as it was never like that before.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-09-2009, 10:27

Also just back after the annual visit ...

I noticed a lot of dog mess last year but thought this year it had slightly improved ...
Old 15-09-2009, 13:58

Just got back last week - we haven't been for 2 years and we also noticed how much dog mess there was around. We spent most of the time looking down at the pavement whilst walking as it really was that bad!

After a few days i found it was easier to walk on the road.
Old 15-09-2009, 14:43

Great advert for the resort!!!doesn't ANYBODY in authority care about this problem?

Bodge

aka bodge the dodge.
Old 15-09-2009, 14:50

fisherfour, yes I found us also having to look down all the time & with two boys of 12 & 8, constantly having to tell them to look where they were walking or moving them out the way was not good. Somebody in authority must get to grips with this growing problem as it spoils the experience of the visit & also the fantastic area which we all love.
Old 16-09-2009, 21:07

Default Dog mess etc

Yes, the front is still lovely, but we tend to spend a lot of our time in the back streets and the quality of cleanliness is far from acceptable. You cannot walk the pavement looking ahead, the dog mess problem has now reached disgusting levels, also the pavements themselves could do with a good blast with the pressure hose, well the ones that aren't wobbly/broken. Some of these pavements are only about 10 years old Also witnessed quite a bit of mindless vandalism, bins ripped out, large, stationary road signs ripped from their holdings.

Come on PP, get a grip, it's not good enough, dog mess, graffiti etc is down to the local community, show a bit of pride in your environment, at least match the pride your visitors have in your lovely resort.
Old 16-09-2009, 22:09
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bodger View Post
Great advert for the resort!!!doesn't ANYBODY in authority care about this problem?

Bodge

aka bodge the dodge.
Am afraid it's unlikely that anyone in authority reads this forum, so if you are unhappy please do get a copy of the questionnaire from the tourist office & fill it in. You never know - it may help!
Old 17-09-2009, 09:37

Smiddy,

Absolutely, well said and these are all issues we take up with the council regularly. Roger de Flor and it's surrounds are particularly bad for dog poo's. However with the vet and the dog grooming parlour within 100 yards of one another, both of whom attract clients from outside of PP , its a wider problem than just the PP residents. Believe it not,and from personal observation, I would say that over 80 percent of resident dog owners do the necessary when excercising their pooches.

However, it is still a problem and no excuse like the vandalism you refer to.

Enjoyed our little chats , Hardman and trust you got home OK ?

Hasta Lluego

BonysLad
Old 17-09-2009, 10:21
Super Moderator

I agree Bonyslad and the problem seems to have got worse over the summer.
I suppose the vandalism is down to the kids getting bored .
As with children running riot in restaurants, all these problems are down to lack of respect, education is needed here, but i do agree the council should get the dog mess cleaned up regularly as it is a public health hazard.
Old 17-09-2009, 12:47

Default Annual visit.

BL, Sparky, really nice meeting you both, have now returned to a very sunny Glasgow (Well it had to appear SOME time). Interesting point about the vet/dog grooming facilities being so close, perhaps we should campaign for "doggie loos for doggie poos"

Observation! Why do so many people have those little dogs, take them out for a "walk" then proceed to carry them about Also why do those little dogs always seem to want to start fights with beasts about 50 times their size Now that's what i call a hardman!
Old 17-09-2009, 13:35
Super Moderator

LOL!! and they are not even Scotties .
Old 18-09-2009, 00:13

Arrived home on Tuesday after 11 blissful days. Saw Sleepyboaby, Sparly and Debz and Chelseadons whole we were there as well as Pollensaman. Ate, drank and rested well while we were there.

PeRu
Old 18-09-2009, 16:30

surely there are more positive things on here to discuss other than DOGS MESS Me thinks just get on with things and enjoy the other stuff going on. Ho HUM
Old 19-09-2009, 01:54

Default Dog mess etc

Tombadino,

It may not seem important to some, but it's a worrying aspect to many others. Turn a blind eye? Don't think so! We're not talking about some 3rd world shanty town, we're talking abour preserving a beautiful holiday resort. Would you find it acceptable if your neighbour(s) dog(s) fouled the lenght of your home street? Don't think so!
Old 19-09-2009, 11:25

It's hard to enjoy your day when you've just stepped in something unpleasant

GG