Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   weather & photos... (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/5205-weather-photos.html)

whaleywanderer 26-08-2009 09:43

weather & photos...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 34513)

( Only 4 weeks until my next holiday to Pollensa :) )

Mark.

Sounds as though you'll be there the same time as us - 13th Sept - 8th Oct:D

susiejb 26-08-2009 16:32

Well I do read the forum - but I am just depressed that I am here and not there.
I can just picture strolling along the pine walk with the water softly splashing against the shore,that lovely light reflecting on the sea like a thousand stars.........................................if only:)

Portofan 26-08-2009 18:51

Hi Whaley!
Off topic a bit I know, but I had a look at your photos today.

Very impressed and lets people see what PP is like on a lovely November day.:D

And deserted.

Came up to PP by bus two years ago , on a day visit from Palma and it was absolutely freezing!:eek:

thanks for putting them on to flickr

whaleywanderer 27-08-2009 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portofan (Post 34569)
Hi Whaley!
Off topic a bit I know, but I had a look at your photos today.

Very impressed and lets people see what PP is like on a lovely November day.:D

So glad you liked them Porto, the light for photography in the winter sun makes everything so crystal clear. I love the winter months in PP, so natural. ;)

Mark 12-09-2009 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleywanderer (Post 34544)
Sounds as though you'll be there the same time as us - 13th Sept - 8th Oct:D

That's 3 1/2 weeks :) Fab :D

The first thunder storms are usually around the 15th September or there abouts so be prepared :)

We will be there on Saturday 26th September until Wednesday 7th October.

Looking forward to it as 2009 has been a busy year so far and I desperately need a holiday and so does my wife.

P.S. Nice photos in your flicker link, out of season is our Favourite time to visit.
The first time we visited in October we hated it, too quiet.
Now we cant stand it when everywhere is busy so we usually visit in the winter or Autumn.

Mark.

whaleywanderer 12-09-2009 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 35104)

The first thunder storms are usually around the 15th September or there abouts so be prepared :)

Mark.

Thanks for the warning Mark, they are forecast for most of next week but ask me am I bovered!;)

Belladonna 12-09-2009 14:55

Mark, for some reason after I had looked at your flickr photos, they have now transferred themselves to my computor along with my photos that show themselves on my home page!! I cant delete them in anyway so keep on taking good ones please! LOL!;)

Smiddy 13-09-2009 14:49

Quote:

Mark.

Well predicted Mark thunder storm started about half hour ago first rain since April and it is really making up for it now
is your real name Micheal Fish by any chance
also could you give me lottery numbers for next weeks euromillions :)

Sparky 13-09-2009 16:09

Nice one Smiddy. Sorry to anyone on holiday but i have had a little dance in the street, it is great to see rain again ;)

its cd 13-09-2009 16:58

porto

I think you were there the same week as me that november ......... you are right it was freezing ........ there was snow on the mountains ......... I have a picture taken from the sea plane roundabout which clearly shown snow capped mountains

I do think that week was a particualrly cold week for November ......... especilaay considering I have been in the sea swimming on 3 sepatate year in the last wek in October

coming forst wek of nov this year .... fingers crossed for some good weather ......... but if not ...... still a great place to be

WRIGHTSTUFF 14-09-2009 10:11

Hi Whaley, I loved your photos although I'm a little confused about something. You showed a photo of Tamerells beach bar and it said pedestrian area starts here. Has something changed on that road since August 08. The road was very busy there last year.
Paula

whaleywanderer 15-09-2009 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRIGHTSTUFF (Post 35147)
Hi Whaley, I loved your photos although I'm a little confused about something. You showed a photo of Tamerells beach bar and it said pedestrian area starts here. Has something changed on that road since August 08. The road was very busy there last year.
Paula

They closed the road along the front for several months last year, they wanted to make it pedestrians only, but aparently there was a lot of opposition from local people and was opened again before the start of the holiday season this year. Dont know what the plans are for the future, perhaps someone can give us an update.

sws97sdg 15-09-2009 17:36

I assume with spending the money on the speed humps on the crossings it will be staying open both ways?

Sparky 15-09-2009 18:34

The last i heard was, it was all on hold pending further consultations.:confused:

Jimbo the Jambo 15-09-2009 21:11

Quote:

We will be there on Saturday 26th September until Wednesday 7th October.

Looking forward to it as 2009 has been a busy year so far and I desperately need a holiday and so does my wife.

P.S. Nice photos in your flicker link, out of season is our Favourite time to visit.
The first time we visited in October we hated it, too quiet.
Now we cant stand it when everywhere is busy so we usually visit in the winter or Autumn.

Mark.

Mark,

Have a great holiday.

jimbo