Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-2009, 18:33

Default Coming back....

Hi Everyone

Only been to PP once, last June on a late deal. Unfortunately, although hubby and I got on the plane in good health, by the time we got to the other end we both ended up with rotten coughs and colds that quite spoilt our week.

However, we really liked what we saw when feeling well enough to explore so are heading over again in 2 weeks, (face masks at the ready!) Have devoured every report and recommendation on here and am armed with places to go and see and places to eat. Although we will be in an hotel we do like to get out and about in the area. And I do my best to support the local economy by shopping!

My question is....any smokers on the forum with advice on local brand ciggies? I normally smoke B&H but when in the Canaries buy local brand CK which are about €5 for 200-so a significant saving and a decent quality. Are there any local ones in PP that are equal in price and quality does anyone know please?

Would appreciate any replies-thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-08-2009, 22:41

slightly off topic... but relevant to flying !
I dont get on a plane without first using FIRST DEFENCE... it is a Micro-Gel Nasal spray. Basically acts as barrier to prevent airborn germs, infections, viruses etc being breathed in. In fact anytime Im going to be in a crowded confined place, I use it ( cinema, theatre, offices )
2 w/e's ago, shared a caravan with friends. One girl came down with terrible cold, followed by her hubby...as we arrived here this week, my hubby came down with it too... He is coughing and sneezing and poor soul can't keep him in paper hankies ! And I am still fine
RE ciggies - the girls in the Tabac on the front near the roundabout are very helpful whilst the tabac next to o'hara's give nice extras if ur buying enuff ( only if the mad boss wuman is serving u ! )
Hope u have a great -cold free- Holiday this time !

Miriam
Old 30-08-2009, 08:36
Super Moderator

Jackie i am sorry but you won't buy cigs anywhere that cheap, although the Canaries are part of Spain, they are still "Duty free". Expect to pay anything upwards of €25 for 200 for a decent local brand.
Old 30-08-2009, 08:37

Well thanks for that Miriam,very useful. Had thought about buying a jar of Vick vapour rub to use as a nasal barrier. Have just looked on Boots web site for the "First Defence" and see the spray is made by Vick's so it is now on my list of things to buy before I fly!
Old 30-08-2009, 08:40

Thanks Sparky. I am slightly surprised at that as most countries have a "Local" brand that are normally perfectly fine as a cheaper alternative to the costly B&H.
Old 30-08-2009, 11:52

Hi Jackie - we use Gold Coast light which are a tad stronger than Marlboro lights. They are an american blend. The cost from memory 2.85 euros a pack. We always bring back enough to see us over in the UK until we return to PP. Usually the saving on cost pays for a our flights!

GG
Old 30-08-2009, 12:10

Thanks for that GG-unfortunately I do not like Marlboro or any like it. The B&H last year were still about half the price of UK so a good deal which I may just stick with. Also got 1/2 bottle of scotch with every carton but hoping for vodka deals this year.

Do the local shops sell packs of 20's so that a few can be tried before getting cartons?

Incase anyone else is interested I found this link on another site....

Comisionado para el Mercado de Tabacos - Precios de Labores en Expendedurías y Puntos de Venta con Recargo
Old 30-08-2009, 13:18

Hi Miriam. Thank you for the info re 'first defence' . I haven't heard of it but sounds a great idea. As you say, useful to use in many situations and far less noticeable than a mask!
Thanks,
Eleanor
Old 30-08-2009, 14:18

I was joking about the mask Eleanor Have just been to Boots and got the spray-on offer for £5.99 at the moment. Also got a First Defence protective hand foam to go with it-hopefully will be well covered now.