Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2009, 21:14

Default Weather in early October

Hi all,
Hubbie and I returning to PP on 6th Oct and was wondering what the weather is likely to be like. First visit since Sept 2002 (there was a huge storm there then, all the beach parasols were uprooted and we woke up to find our hire car floating in about 4ft of water). Have rented a nice apartment that would appear to be at the beach end of the road where the Pollenca Park Hotel is. Reading the forum we expect to see lots of changes and are really looking forward to it. Any help re suitable clothing necessary would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 18-08-2009, 21:29

Hi gertie and welcome, apart from the new ring road I bet you wont notice too many changes, places have come and gone but that happens everywhere, as for the weather, it should still be good, people say that month can be great. Hope this helps
Old 18-08-2009, 21:36

Default weather in early october

hi gertie, the wife and I usually go in the 1st week in October and have had mixed weather...the last couple of years we have had spectacular storms and flooding and then the sun comes out the next day!! Obviously no great temps or long days of sunshine but I can honestly say that the weather is very very pleasent not too hot so you can walk about but warm enough to sit and watch the world go by....anyway she who knows best has suggested light trousers and a cardi for when the sun goes down the evenings can be chilly and pack a small brolly.....hope this helps have a good holiday.
Old 18-08-2009, 23:55

Went last week in October 4 years ago ........... shorts and t shirts every day and just a cardie at night

Went mid november 2 years ago ......... snow on hills; pouring with rain and really cold at night for 2 days and then sunshine and short sleeves during the day for remainder of time .... though still cold at night

Went for 10 days at end of Oct last year ....... swimming in the sea and lying on the beach some days; rained others ...... temps always pleasant during day but needed jacket at night

So ........ advice - pack for a summer holiday but take a kagool; wear trainers or boots with jeans and sweatshirt and jacket on plane so you have them with you if necessary ( as yet they don't yet weight you so its the best way of beating the excess luggage police ) ..... just remember to have a T shirt on underneath it all for when you get to the other end and need to peel off the layers. ............ don;t worry that you look like Heidi as she made her way up the mountain to visit Grandfather ( I do hope you know what I am talking about and don't think I'm a nutter ) and most of all HAVE A GREAT TIME
Old 19-08-2009, 00:32

Smile

Hiya gertie...

u survived all that on ur last visit and ur still comin back for more ?

Well done u !

Weather is changing everywhere, and PP is no different........so its a wee bit of everything in the packing and remember some cozy PJ's... nothing worse than going to bed feeling cold !
(just re-read that... over the hill or what ! )

Have a great time

Miriam
Old 19-08-2009, 11:15

Smile What great advice

Thanks to everyone who gave advice. Can't wait until 6th October now. We have got an apartment with a jacuzzi on the roof terrace, up by the pollensa park hotel, so a nice walk into town in the evening. We've had several great holidays in PP and are always happy to return.
Old 19-08-2009, 20:47

I have to say, Gertie, that I envy you. You've decided to come to PP, have booked, and can now look forward to the hols, whatever the weather.

I have a big dilemma....I last came to PP for two weeks (end June, early July) with wife, two sons and their better halves). My wife Jane and I want a week away from 12th September. Do we gamble with PP weather or go to, say, Cyprus or The Canaries?

We used to come to PP 3 or 4 times a year, but his March went to Lanzarotte for the first time, and in May tried Menorca. We really enjoyed both.

So "old familiar" with favourite PP restaurants......or try somewhere new again (Cyprus, Crete, Corfu - never been before) where the weather should (!) be pretty well, guaranteed?

Seriously BIG problem.......but nice one to have, though!

Duncan
Old 19-08-2009, 21:20

Duncan,

You're more than welcome to discuss your dilemma in the Tapas Bar! Anyone else who would like to join in is welcome as well!

Jane