Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 21:06

Default Nightly craft market in the square

Although new the the forum, we are regular visitors to PP (probably our 12th visit, just returned home and wishing we were still in PP aaaaaaaaahhh......).
Just a stupid question - after our evening dinner, prior to a couple of drinks somewhere, we (well my wife) liked to browse at leisure in the square at the craft market stalls.
What happened to them?

Steve
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2009, 21:21

Hi Steve

I've just been searching through the forum and can't find the reason why they have gone! I hope someone else can tell us! My daughter was a big fan and spent most of the evening browsing the stalls as well. I don't think they were there last year?
Old 01-08-2009, 22:46

they were certainly there last year (fiesta week and the week after) and they were there this year,,in fact the weekend we got there there this year there was a big "sale" of clothes etcsome were supposed to be designer !!.a bit like a mini market day
Old 02-08-2009, 09:55

There were quite a few stalls in the square last year and I think someone told me they were there a couple of weeks ago as well, I preferred it when they were on the front, we use to love all the impromptu entertainers on the front as well when we first started coming in 1998
Old 03-08-2009, 12:02

Default Nightly craft

Yes, some of these guys were good, but let's not forget the amount of "tat" being flogged by the gypsy type people. Don't miss them!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:41

Do you remember KachoW!!! The guy dressed like a clown who did tricks and atracted a huge group of kids? Maybe in 2000?? He was funny and harmless but then again there was the acordian player and the violin player in 1997 - they were infuraiting and became real pests.

I liked the stalls too - both in the square and the ones on the front. Maybe the removal of the stalls etc is one of the reasons PP seems a bit quieter?

When we were there June/ july we saw the local police tell a restaurant owner to move the tables in a bit more into the restaurant - so maybe they are being a lot tougher?

Also one night we saw the Police challenge some ladies who were selling hairbraiding. The next night we watched from our balcony as the lady hid the braids in her bra and then brought them out agian once the coast was clear
Old 03-08-2009, 14:15
Super Moderator

Yes they are cracking down on the illegal street traders, last week in Palma a "Lucky Lucky" guy was electrocuted. He had hidden his goods in a sub station and when he returned to get his bag a loose cable zapped him with 380volts.
In the square the council have put tape down to mark out the areas for the tables.