Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2009, 14:15

Default Cala san Vicente

Hi,
We have been going to Cala San Vicente for the past 13 years and love it! We have previously stayed at the Don Pedro and the Pinos Altos apartments but this year we are staying at the Hotel Niu. Does anyone have any information on the Niu from this year or have any news about the resort? We have read the information below on the area but would love to hear more. Also does anybody know Tomos and Johannas surname from Marinas bar or if they have a website?

Would love to hear any comments you have.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-06-2009, 07:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwins View Post
Hi,
We have been going to Cala San Vicente for the past 13 years and love it! We have previously stayed at the Don Pedro and the Pinos Altos apartments but this year we are staying at the Hotel Niu. Does anyone have any information on the Niu from this year or have any news about the resort? We have read the information below on the area but would love to hear more. Also does anybody know Tomos and Johannas surname from Marinas bar or if they have a website?

Would love to hear any comments you have.
Hi

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Niu in the first two weeks of May and had a fantastic time.

Here is a post after our holidays but let me know if you need anymore info.

Cheers

John

Got back from CSV on Friday night and had an absolutely fantastic time.

Don't know where the two weeks went.

The Hotel Niu was superb. Special mention to Concha at reception and Claudio the head waiter. It was my 40th birthday when I was away and we had a meal on the hotel balcony. When we got back to our room, the hotel had provided us with a bottle of Mallorcan wine and two glasses with a birthday card. What can I say?

CSV was fairly quiet the first week but picked up on the second.

We went to Bar Pinar, Bar Mallorca and Bar Marinas for our meals and they were great.

Bar Pinar was excellent. Food was great and we got the red carpet treatment from the woman running it and her football daft daughter.

Bar Mallorca was also excellent. The two guys serving were hilarious and the food was also excellent. Its shut on a Wednesday. I would recommend the roast lamb shoulder if you are really hungry. Their website is BAR MALLORCA

Bar Marinas was also excellent. A great place where the locals hang out. Watched the Chelsea - Barcelona game there and it was a great atmosphere. It closes on a Thursday. Food also cheap like the two other places and staff were also great.

Went to the Irish Bar a couple of times for a drink and it was dead. Unfortunately, I can't see it lasting until the end of the year. The owners are a bit offish which doesn't normally bother me, but....

Meals in CSV were between €4-5 euros for a burger and chips, €4-6 for pamboli (bread with cheese, ham, tomato etc). Would recommend the Pamboli Pepito ( Grilled pork Loin) roughly about €6.

Prices of beer varied. Bar Mallorca was €3.50. Bar Marinas was €3. Bar Pinar (with a frozen glass) was €2.50. Irish Bar was €4 for a poor pint of Estrella Damn. Hotel Niu was also 3.50.

The Hotel Simar was closed when we arrived but it looks as if it is going to open up. There was a lot of activity in the second week and had some guests staying there but using the Hotel Don Pedro facilities as its owned by the same company apparently.

Had a couple of days out in Puerto Pollenca and Pollenca.

Will definitely go back again as we had a great time.

Thanks for all the advice before we went.

John
Old 20-06-2009, 05:44

We have been a few times to CSV for the odd day etyc but we must missing something as we dont see the attraction. Have i got it wrong? always seems very quiet bars closed etc and that has been in the summer.
Old 21-06-2009, 20:16

Thanks John, its great to hear that you had a good time at the Niu, we can't wait to go now. Its lovely too that they provided wine for your birthday! Just another quick question what were the room like? Did they have fridges in them? We've paid for rooms with a sea view and balconies so can't to see them.

Rangers1 we love CSV as it is quiet but have always found that the bars and restaurants are always open when we have been there but maybe its just not to everyones liking?

Thanks

The Baldwins
Old 22-06-2009, 10:01

Last week we had a day out in CSV as we love to swim in the clear waters. Armed with all our bathing gear, towels, lilo's etc. we went down to Cala Clara beach but unfortunately could not swim due to all the jelly fish. There were no warning signs and apparently quite a lot of people had been stung during the day. Not to be outdone we hired a pedaloe and peddled out to the deeper water where you can spot them quite clearly and get out of their way. We had great fun and the hour seemed like 10 minutes, cost 10€, and would recommend.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 22-06-2009 at 10:03.
Old 22-06-2009, 14:29

Default Csv

Had a couple of brilliant meals last week in the Cala Barques restaurant. All the staff moved last year from Hotel Niu. Try the lamb cutlet - blissful!!!
Old 22-06-2009, 18:27

We had a lovely meal last week at C'an Patro which we think is the best fish restaurant around. Booking is essential though.
Old 29-06-2009, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwins View Post
Thanks John, its great to hear that you had a good time at the Niu, we can't wait to go now. Its lovely too that they provided wine for your birthday! Just another quick question what were the room like? Did they have fridges in them? We've paid for rooms with a sea view and balconies so can't to see them.

Rangers1 we love CSV as it is quiet but have always found that the bars and restaurants are always open when we have been there but maybe its just not to everyones liking?

Thanks

The Baldwins
Hi the Baldwins

The room we had was clean and ideal. Be prepared for the odd cold shower now and again. Apparently they have a problem with the water supply. The rooms had a small fridge but you have to take their mini bar stuff out.

If you get one of the rooms at the front of the balcony you'll have spectacular views.

The food at breakfast was amazing. They had something for everyone and they even have a cooked breakfast in the buffet.

Hope you have a great time.

John
Old 30-06-2009, 20:39

Went to the Irish Bar a couple of times for a drink and it was dead. Unfortunately, I can't see it lasting until the end of the year. The owners are a bit offish which doesn't normally bother me, but....

Hmm - we know what you mean about the Irish Bar. Really miss Trotters as we spent quite a few nights in there in good company with the teenagers happy on the pool table. Didn't even bother to go in for a drink when we popped over this year as it was dead.