Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2009, 22:51

Post How busy in August

Exactly what I do! Who needs a sun-bed! Been going to PP for years and reading the 'forum' - decided it was time to join!! Be there for September, hope the weather is good, usually June, July and October.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-06-2009, 23:29

Spot on CD - let them play their silly games and go and enjoy your holiday

GG
Old 19-06-2009, 06:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala70w View Post
and a small request...PLEASE don't reserve sunbeds with towels - it is a pet hate of mine and one day I am going to go mental and grab them all off the beds at the SIS Pins and run about the beach with armloads of them screaming before I throw them into the med.
I have been know to drop the odd towel on a never used sunbed into the pool. People blame the Germans, but for me, its the British and Irish who are worst.

On the original post, like many, as the kids got to school age we flipped from June/ September breaks to a longer one in late July/ August. It is busier but still never so full as to annoy. Its certainly hotter and possible the prices can sneak up a bit???
Old 19-06-2009, 12:27

Good for you Mark! Wish I had the courage! One year...

CD - your day sounds very similar to mine. I only want a wee 1/2 hour here and there on a sunbed so don't understnad why everyone can't share.

At the Sis Pins, people even reserve the straw parasols by putting a tshirt or something on it. (despite the signs not to reserve anyhting and the mention in the welcome letter)

One year a woman and her husband actually threatened me with violence because when they returned after their 3 hour lunch the sun had moved and the shade was no longer over their sunbeds and I had moved chairs for me and my 70 year old mother into the shadow cast by "their" parasol!

Lala
Old 19-06-2009, 16:08
Super Moderator

I don't and never have understood the mentality of these people.
Old 21-06-2009, 17:58

i think on the sunbed front you hotels should do what the people in asia do..they have timers on the beds and if u are away from ur bed for 40 mins or more the towels get chucked off!!!.. seriosley tho.. august is fine i found last year jusy and first 2 weeks were thr busiest,, especially in the old town as the patrona start last week july..and ends on 2nd.. beaches are fine.. go down the llenaire end
Old 22-06-2009, 15:26

I have stayed in the Flora Apts and would watch the morning ritual of people hanging around waiting for one of the staff to come and unchain the sunbeds. All of the beds would be taken in a couple of minutes, carefully positioned around the pool, then I can only assume they returned to their beds for another hour or so! Personally I love the beach. I only use the swimming pool in the early evening when it is not so busy. I couldn't bear coming to PP just to sit around a pool all day.
Old 22-06-2009, 15:33

Not only sunbeds but fishing early one morning people were bringing down there own deckchairs etc to reserve their spot in the sand!!!!! how sad.
Old 22-06-2009, 15:59

Default Sunbed Saga

However annoying it is to all of us who don't nip down and put our towels on sunbeds around the pool, it is funny to watch all these people standing around waiting on the sunbeds being unchanged. They must always sit in the same spot every day, beside the same people. One day we joined these people waiting until the sunbeds were unchanged and we put our sunbeds down on a spot beside the pool. A man came along with his two sunbeds and stood looking at us as if to say that is my space you are sitting in. He eventually realised we were not going to move and put his sunbeds down extremely close to ours. Life is too short and PP to lovely to stand around a pool waiting on sunbeds being unchanged.
Old 28-06-2009, 13:03

I think we all show these people far to much respect! Why don't you simply remove their towels and lie on YOUR bed????
Old 28-06-2009, 22:11

Absolutely agree with all the posts about the saddo's who get up at 6 am to reserve sunbeds for the day...just get a life and chill out a bit . I've noticed it around our pool that people pick there spot and think it's theirs for the duration of the holiday and get very territorial ! Luckily I hate swiimming pools so it doesn't affect me, just annoys me. However I'm happy to pay for 2sunbeds and an umbrella when I go to the beach, and even in the height of the season I have never had a problem getting one on South Sandy beach near Tolos. However what I do object to, and this has happened fortunately only a few times, is that people think they can come and plonk themselves down on the sand.... in the shade that I have paid for
Old 29-06-2009, 20:21

Damn it Debz - I didn't think you'd noticed me !
Old 29-06-2009, 21:38

Wink CD's holiday statement!

CD, I've just read your post from 18th June and it's a classic:

"There again I probably don't ever spend more than about an hour just lying on the beach or around the pool at one go ........ I;m more of a have a stroll before breakfast, back for some nice breakie on the balcony, potter about for a bit take a dip in the pool, have a relax and read my book, go for a walk, have a sit on the beach, feed the fish, have a dip in the sea, have a nice long lunch , back for a lie on the beach to let the food go down , then a swim in the sea .......... another walk along the pinewalk, coffee at the Ila D'or ........... pop back to the pool for a swim ........ ooops before I know it its time for a shower, a sit on the balcony and a wee drinkie and then off out for food ( getting holiday sick just thinking about it ! )

I've just had a very busy week but you've cheered my up no end! You've captured what a holiday is all about. I clearly didn't have a clue. But I'm going to adopt your 'mantra' for our visit this July 26th to August 9th. If you're over there at the time perhaps you will have a brief word with my other half to explain your philosophy.
Old 29-06-2009, 23:05

Bottom line is that we all get the best out of our holidays when we do things that suit us .......... but sadly we also need to make a few compromises so that those who are nearest and dearest can also have the holiday that suits them.

I do know that some reading this post would read my idea of a great day and think that they couldn;t be doing with all the coming and going !

Mr CD loves to go out to other places for days ....... whilst I love to explore and do so avidly whenever we go on a "non PP" holiday........ I've "done" most of Majorca and there arn't many places I don't return to PP from and think I'd have rather had a day "at home". So my compromise is to find places I've never been before and believe me even after 15 years it is still possible ......... that way we are both happy.

The thing I can't understand is why anyone would want to come to PP and then spend all day; every day sitting around a pool ...... and thankfully no one else in our family feels the same way ( not even the teenagers ! )

However, if that is what people want , I would say all the more reason to go for a villa or a small apartment block rather than a big hotel ......... if "lying around the pool" was what made me happy and what I came on hols for then I would make a nice hassle free pool area my number 1 priority and certainly woudn't want to be playing silly games with beach towels at an hour when I should be sleeping

The beauty of PP is the number of private villas and apartments in the vicinity that mean there is no need to use the big crowded places if you don't want to
Old 30-06-2009, 12:18

Default August

Sunbeds are obviously a bug-bear for people over the years, complete saddoo's, no doubt, but i have perfectly intelligent normal friends, who get up at 6am and lay towels on sunbeds on the beach Must be too much sun or something.

Having just spent the last 3 weeks in PP, most days it was well into the 90,s, now i love to lie in the sun, but you simply can't lie in that all day, why would anybody want to do that? you'd end up in hospital! Tettitorial i suppose, my space and all that, but if everybody just used a sunbed for their own requirements then there would be plenty to go round, no need to steal from others, which is basicaly what they're doing. Certainly when i was there, there were hundreds of unused beds on the beach, people are obviously cutting back and one easy way is to do without a sunbed. 2 beds+1 umbrella = 11 euros a dayx14 = 154 or £130. A lot of saving.