Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-2009, 13:23

Default Cala San Vicente

Hello everyone. Just joined the forum.

Thanks to everyone so far for all the useful info in other posts.

My wife and I are coming over to Cala San Vicente next friday for our hols. Really looking forward to it and hopefullly the weather will brighten up.

I know from previous posts that there is a small supermarket in CSV. I presume it just stocks the basics and is there a cashline machine anywhere?

Grateful for any other advice. It will be our first time there. Really looking forward to just chill out.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

John
Sponsored Links
Old 21-04-2009, 14:19

... and a warm welcome to the forum Fifelad!

I'm sure that you will have a scorcher, and will enjoy every second both in CSV and it's environs... anyway you can be sure that it's gonna be a lot hotter than in The Glorious Kingdom!

Old 21-04-2009, 17:01

Hi Fifelad. I drove to CSV only a couple of days ago. The little supermarket by the main beach wasn't open, but there was someone in there bustling about, so no doubt it will be opening soon. Not too sure about a cash point, but if you have a car, you're only 5 minutes drive from PP where there are loads of cashpoints, so you'll have no problems accessing money.
Old 21-04-2009, 17:15

welcome fifelad,
As you may gather I live in Cala and usually put a blog on about who is doing what.
No supermarkets are currently open inthe village, but work has been going on at Gabriels so maybe in the next few days he will open.Suggest you call at Eroski on the way in.There is a cash machine in the bank opposite the minigolf.
Voramar has opened under the management of Pepe formerly of L'aup at the turn into the Cala road.Food is excellent. Hotel Morelleca is still not open. Cala barques has re opened wih Miguel son of Tony who used to have it and is doung well. Not been down to Cal Patron so don't know the situation there.Windsurfer is a shell of a building but is transforming daily. Apartments next door are all about finished. Don Pedro opens MAY 1st
heard Simar is not opening this year.marinas has been open most of the winter doing a menu, and Joanna had a baby girl in February, she is beautiful.Doctors is no more and is replaced by hire shop for kayaks, cycles etc.Paper shop and info office not yet open. Minigolf and internet cafe open and quite busy. Irish pub open all winter with some great ideas in the evenings. We had a curry cook off complete with judge and a storming St pats night with green beer.Across the road Art66 is no more and reverted to it's former name of Pinar with Mosca(jimmy fly) you will know him from Mollins where he is chef.
He also is doing a menu very nice.
At Mollin s beach the bar is open but the hotel is still closed. the shops are open and Bar Mallorca is open until early evening.LA''ba is open Loli had a baby boy last week all doing well. Pepes is still closed but Bistro Mar is open and quite busy. Modesto has had a lot of work done over the winter and is now open and looks lovely all lit up at night.The building work at the beach has progressed well and they are now up to the roof areas.
Well thats all for now If I missed anyone out I apologise well blog again soon
Cala San
Old 21-04-2009, 18:11

wow you can take a breath now cala, great to hear from you again, always love your posts and being kept updated, I think John, if you want to just chill out, you are going to the perfect place, hope you enjoy it
Old 21-04-2009, 20:08

Thanks, cala, for the great post. For a wonderful few minutes I was straight back to CSV - I love the place!
Old 21-04-2009, 20:51

Thanks everyone for the advice and warm welcome, especially Cala.

Really looking forward to it. It's our first time in the north of the island.

We're staying at the Hotel Niu. I emailed reception last week to confirm our booking and they open the day we arrive (1st May).

Heard mixed reports about the hotel but hopefully should be okay.

Shotokan, its been really nice in Dunfermline for the last couple of days but supposed to change later this week.

Almost ready to go. Just wish it was next week.

John
Old 21-04-2009, 21:25

That was great to read cala san. It is a worry that the Simar isn't opening as the resort has at times seemed so very quiet in an evening. We never quite 'got' Art66 and would sit in Trotters (or Irish Trotters as the kids call it now) and wonder how it kept going as no one was ever in.
We will be visiting in 3 weeks whilst staying in PP as I love Mollins beach - it is my very favourite place on earth. We shall also take a stroll up behind Can Botana villas, and Hostel Los Pinos and have a look at the new developments and fab big villas, hoping for a lottery win CSV is such a lovely place for a holiday, you just need to be organised and get food from Eroski or be prepared to pay top price in the smaller supermarkets in the village.
Old 21-04-2009, 21:30

hi fifelad, must be real eye opener to you all this internet thing now that the kingdom has recently went online

we went to cvs a number of years ago to the don pedro all inclusive and were very dissapointed with it, quality of food, choice of beverages, general poor up keep of the place also had noisey louts in the room above. i posted here about it a wee while back to ask if had improved any but cant remember if there was a reply. not that there was anything terrible about it just not our thing.

it is a lovely wee place right enough with plenty to keep you going of an evening. also has a lot of history too going right back to the stone age to reaserch of a wet day if thats your thing. the local prehistoric caves are worth a look. cala san would be better placed to give you the history than me i'm sure.

hope you have a goodun
Old 24-04-2009, 22:26

Cheers gers1873

Never mind the internet, we're still getting used to electricity. Only got it last year.

Cheers for the advice.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1873 View Post
hi fifelad, must be real eye opener to you all this internet thing now that the kingdom has recently went online
Old 01-05-2009, 16:08

Nice to hear from you Cala.Good news about Joanna and Lolly. I exchange messages with Tomas on facebook. Lucky people staying at the Hotel Niu. We stayed there many years ago when Senor Gomez ran it.The waiters there are lovely especially Juan.
We stayed at the Don Pedro last september. We were apprehensive having read the horror stories on holiday truths. We had a great fortnight, good room overlooking the bay, no complaints with the food, no lager louts, although we weren't there much in the evening, preferred to be over at Marinas.CSV is our favourite resort on the island.

view from our balcony don pedro

our favourite cafe/bar
Old 17-05-2009, 20:03

Got back from CSV on Friday night and had an absolutely fantastic time.

Don't know where the two weeks went.

The Hotel Niu was superb. Special mention to Concha at reception and Claudio the head waiter. It was my 40th birthday when I was away and we had a meal on the hotel balcony. When we got back to our room, the hotel had provided us with a bottle of Mallorcan wine and two glasses with a birthday card. What can I say?

CSV was fairly quiet the first week but picked up on the second.

We went to Bar Pinar, Bar Mallorca and Bar Marinas for our meals and they were great.

Bar Pinar was excellent. Food was great and we got the red carpet treatment from the woman running it and her football daft daughter.

Bar Mallorca was also excellent. The two guys serving were hilarious and the food was also excellent. Its shut on a Wednesday. I would recommend the roast lamb shoulder if you are really hungry. Their website is BAR MALLORCA

Bar Marinas was also excellent. A great place where the locals hang out. Watched the Chelsea - Barcelona game there and it was a great atmosphere. It closes on a Thursday. Food also cheap like the two other places and staff were also great.

Went to the Irish Bar a couple of times for a drink and it was dead. Unfortunately, I can't see it lasting until the end of the year. The owners are a bit offish which doesn't normally bother me, but....

Meals in CSV were between €4-5 euros for a burger and chips, €4-6 for pamboli (bread with cheese, ham, tomato etc). Would recommend the Pamboli Pepito ( Grilled pork Loin) roughly about €6.

Prices of beer varied. Bar Mallorca was €3.50. Bar Marinas was €3. Bar Pinar (with a frozen glass) was €2.50. Irish Bar was €4 for a poor pint of Estrella Damn. Hotel Niu was also 3.50.

The Hotel Simar was closed when we arrived but it looks as if it is going to open up. There was a lot of activity in the second week and had some guests staying there but using the Hotel Don Pedro facilities as its owned by the same company apparently.

Had a couple of days out in Puerto Pollenca and Pollenca.

Will definitely go back again as we had a great time.

Thanks for all the advice before we went.

John
Old 17-05-2009, 20:23

We were in CSV for a quick visit last Wednesday afternoon. At Cala Mollins beach there was quite a bit of rubbish in the sand towards the steps which is unusual for this time of year as it is the very start of the season. Bar Mallorca was closed so Pepe's and L'Alba were fairly busy but it was noisy due to the buliding work going on round there. We had a walk up to the Can Botana villas to see if Miguel and Elena were about but the villas were deserted. We have often been there at this time of year and it has been just about fully booked. Simar was shut as the other post said. No one about at mini golf either. Not really sure why there is residential buliding going on when what is already there doen't seem sustainable, unless more self catering apartments will boost the area in contrast to the all inclusive hotels retaining holiday makers. It seems to us that CSV has been slowly decaying since we first started going over 10 years ago which is such a shame as it is such a beautiful place.
Old 04-06-2009, 16:01

we've just got back fro a week in alcudia, yes I know, but our grandkids love it!! Went for the day to csv as always. Took the kids to marinas for lunch.Tomas wasn't there but tony and joanne were. Had a lovely meal as usual, don't know about the apartments where tolo's used to be. Simar is still apparently shut, but we did see people using the pool so??Tried the Irish bar(trotters) when we stayed in csv last year. Didn't think much to it. The owner seemed to live in a football shirt, drink lager and smoke, oh and watch the tv so there wasn't much conversation. Still love csv, hopefully back there next year.
Old 04-06-2009, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee67 View Post
we've just got back fro a week in alcudia, yes I know, but our grandkids love it!! Went for the day to csv as always. Took the kids to marinas for lunch.Tomas wasn't there but tony and joanne were. Had a lovely meal as usual, don't know about the apartments where tolo's used to be. Simar is still apparently shut, but we did see people using the pool so??Tried the Irish bar(trotters) when we stayed in csv last year. Didn't think much to it. The owner seemed to live in a football shirt, drink lager and smoke, oh and watch the tv so there wasn't much conversation. Still love csv, hopefully back there next year.
Tolo sold the site for development, and any new bar/restaurant beneath the apartments won't be his as he's retired could be a Chinese???? Oh no!