Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-05-2009, 16:09

Default How's Trade.

Hi, I'll probably get my legs slapped if this is on the wrong site but here go's. I know it's a bit early in the season but has anyone noticed a drop in people numbers on last year.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-05-2009, 16:28
Super Moderator

Yes it is quieter this year, most but not all business people saying they are down on last year.
Old 27-05-2009, 23:27
Under Moderation

Been over for our usual weeks and we've noticed this for sure. Its nice having the place ot ourselves but we are thinking of our friends tyring to make a living.
Old 28-05-2009, 20:53

we were out 2wks from 6th may, we had a lovely time but it was very quiet, nobody out in the square on an evening. got a bit busier towards the end of second week. cafe algar is usually buzzing but this year the staff were stood around alot. we stayed at the flora which at times seemed almost full, maybe people are saving the pennies and not staying out for drinks! we only go on holiday once a year so make the most of the relaxing and eatting out.
Old 28-05-2009, 21:11

We were in PP from 11th to 15th May and have often been there around this time and were amazed to see that Habitat looked closed each time we drove past. Had a meal out each evening and there were very few people eating out. Stopping on the way back to the apartment at a different bar each evening to break the walk we were usually the only ones there. Thought that the market was busy on the Wednesday morning but maybe this was because it was a cloudy day. After a few days at the apartment we realised that there were only two others occupied out of 30 - so not looking good I'm afraid. We are booked to go back in September but OH has just been given his 90 day redundancy notice so who knows...
Old 28-05-2009, 21:20

thats awful, i've just noticed your also from hull. we know lots of people been layed off recently. hope you make it back in sept. i've checked the price for next year but you cant book yet, we had a great time this year and are desperate to go back again next year. good luck on the job front.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43

Seemed a bit quieter last year I thought but I still had a fab hol!
Old 05-06-2009, 13:21

Question

Hiya All,

We was out in PP from 18th April to 2nd May & thought that it was quite quiet.. Our two daughters & their chaps joined us for the middle six days...It was no problems getting tables at any restaurants.....Only place that was busyish was Trios round by Flora apartments.... Square was really really quiet, but there again the weather on the first week wasn't too brilliant, but that's the chance you take in April.....Only thing is. & I'd like to know what other forum users think of this following comment.......

It's really quite strange when you are the only couple in the restaurant eating, it's like you don't feel really 100% if you should be there!

Best Regards....
Old 05-06-2009, 13:40

I have to admit to not feeling comfortable in an empty restaurant, romantic evening or not. We were offered a table in the empty back room of our local pub last night and I said no. I like a good atmosphere and seeing other people eating and drinking. If I wanted quiet and just the family, I can get that every night at home!

Eating out is a social occasion for me, a chance to people watch and feel as if I'm part of a group that's enjoying themselves. Empty, quiet restaurants make me nervous and I can't help feeling as if my every move is being watched. And somehow I always start whispering!
Old 05-06-2009, 14:14

As we tend to go out for dinner early (6ish) it happens quite frequently that we are the first guests and sit by ourselves for some time.

We do also enjoy sitting outside though and watch the world go by, so it doesn't have to be totally empty every time.