Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Keep the home fires burning ?? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/4634-keep-home-fires-burning.html)

BonysLad 10-05-2009 19:22

Keep the home fires burning ??

Where's that Focke when you need it ?

Bit of excitement today , BLT and I driving back from Pollenca market on main road lunchtime were intrigued to see all cars stopping and people jumping out taking photos. The hillside between Siller and the valley to CSV was ablaze.

Having experienced years of the fire fighting seaplane zooming over the roof,frightening the horses not to be mention the servants you'd expect them to drag the damn thing out when the fire is on our doorstep.

Well, you might expect it, but all they had was a poxy helicopter with a huge bucket making return trips from the sea. If any of you in PP got drenched ( in brilliant sunshine as it was ) that's your answer.

Have written to the Interior Minister for the Balearics demanding an explanation !!!!

BonysLad :confused::confused:

Happy conclusion though cos the fire was put out !!!!

Sparky 10-05-2009 19:30

Hi BL, yes hubby watched the drama unfold. He said he saw them scoop water out of a swimming pool in a villa, i hope nobody was having a dip at the time :eek: :eek: .

Jimbo the Jambo 10-05-2009 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 30268)
Where's that Focke when you need it ?

Bit of excitement today , BLT and I driving back from Pollenca market on main road lunchtime were intrigued to see all cars stopping and people jumping out taking photos. The hillside between Siller and the valley to CSV was ablaze.

Having experienced years of the fire fighting seaplane zooming over the roof,frightening the horses not to be mention the servants you'd expect them to drag the damn thing out when the fire is on our doorstep.

Well, you might expect it, but all they had was a poxy helicopter with a huge bucket making return trips from the sea. If any of you in PP got drenched ( in brilliant sunshine as it was ) that's your answer.

Have written to the Interior Minister for the Balearics demanding an explanation !!!!

BonysLad :confused::confused:

Happy conclusion though cos the fire was put out !!!!

Bonnyladdie,

It was the Scottish Republican Airforce ' und ve vere after yu!!
I'll bet there is bbq rabbit on the menus tonight.

It would have been quicker to launch the heli than the fixed wing, be thankful there are both.

Great entertainment as long as no one suffers,

cheerio, jimbo

BonysLad 10-05-2009 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo the Jambo (Post 30271)

It was the Scottish Republican Airforce ' und ve vere after yu!!

:

:D:D

Jimbo, Thank gawd for that , they obviously miss as often as the Scottish Footy team miss World cup finals !!!!

For a brief moment thought it might be the " Hardmen" :D of Glasgie !!!

See ya shortly

LOL BonysLad

Jimbo the Jambo 10-05-2009 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 30279)
:

:D:D

Jimbo, Thank gawd for that , they obviously miss as often as the Scottish Footy team miss World cup finals !!!!

For a brief moment thought it might be the " Hardmen" :D of Glasgie !!!

See ya shortly

LOL BonysLad

It's Glesgie ya dialtedjiet!

Hurrumphhhh,
Ve were trained by American flyboys (or was that the Bancock Ladyboys???), I forget. Anyway, forget all, we must concentrate on good foody places ........your posts to date are encouraging me to venture forth to the lesser known eataries so thank you for that.

cheers,

jimbo

sandy 11-05-2009 09:58

Bonyslad, how on earth did I manage to miss this, its practically from my front window!

BonysLad 11-05-2009 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy (Post 30287)
Bonyslad, how on earth did I manage to miss this, its practically from my front window!

Sandy,

This is no place to discuss your little problem !!! :D:D:D

Great meeting up with you last week.

BonysLad xx