Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 12:54

Default Weather in mid May.

Hi, we're staying in PP for the 2 middle weeks of May. We normally visit at easter or in the sumer so was wondering what kind of weather to expect at this time of the year. Basically, what are the chances of being able to dine outside in the evenings?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2009, 13:09

You could well be lucky... or not... Looking at the long term forecast for Mallorca temperatures do seem to be heading in the right direction. We have been able to eat outside many times (not too late in the evening, mind you - after about 10PM it gets noticeably colder!) in April - but then we've had chilly days and nights in May. A few places do supply outdoor heaters - probably best to take your jacket, just in case!
Old 01-05-2009, 13:46

We've been in mid May many times - it can be a bit of a lottery, but generally its a great time of year to go. You'd have to be very unlucky to get the entire holiday written off by the weather....You'll find that some nights everyone'll be running round in tee shirts, some nights fleeces but either way its likely to be a lot nicer than Blighty!
Old 01-05-2009, 14:30
Super Moderator

I don't think the weather can be guaranteed anywhere in the world these days, afraid it's a question of suck it and see.
Old 03-05-2009, 14:32

Sitting in the sun (hot) today, everybody in shorts, enjoying the good weather and dined out last night, very mild but got bitten by mozzy (didn't think they would be around yet). Too warm in bed last night. Hopefully the weather will only get better and you will have a wonderful holiday.
Old 03-05-2009, 16:21
Super Moderator

Whaley, i'm afraid the mozzies are about. I was about to step into the shower yesterday and there was the biggest one ever looking at me, so i got the spray out and he was dead in a second, but i was coughing for England.
Old 03-05-2009, 19:37

We find the weather in mid May to be the kindest of the year. Cool nights so you can sleep comfortably and long warm days that are not too sticky. We had to go at the end of August last year due to sons exams and it was far too hot and humid for us, we were all grumpy and glad to return home. We will be out next week and taking waterproofs as well as bikinis and shorts. Hope you have a lovely break
Old 22-05-2009, 21:27

Does anyone know how hot it was yesterday? (Thursday). It is our first time here and we went to Pollenca - felt like we were in a furnace! Climbed the steps in the afternoon heat (not wise, but suitable penance!). People were saying temps were extremely high for May but we never found out what it actually reached. Still felt about 80 degress at nearly midnight on Pine Walk.
Old 22-05-2009, 21:53

just what I wanted to hear...we're off to PP in 5 hours or so, so I'd better log off & grab 40 winks
Old 22-05-2009, 23:34
Super Moderator

Paul my thermometer hit 40c at 4pm yesterday afternoon. It was very hot.
Old 24-05-2009, 15:26

went last may around this time and it rained for 8 days out of 11 we nearly got flooded off the roads one day on a trip to porta crista.. still when it rained youd often be on the beach an hour later in the sun!

hopefully that was a one off. Off to costa del sol tuesday looking hot down there.
Old 25-05-2009, 09:37

Like what has been said in previous posts,May can be a bit of a hit and miss.We booked mid May two years ago and the first week the weather was cold and rainy.We actually purchased a couple of hot water bottles as it was so cold at night.The second week was better though.
Old 25-05-2009, 19:11

We stayed on the Pine Walk last week.
It was lovely weather though we had to dig blankets out and have the heating on in the evening at the start of the week.
By the end of the week we were having apparently record temperatures for May, the blankets were thrown off and the aircon was switched on
Old 26-05-2009, 20:50

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous since we arrived last Tuesday. Hot and sunny all the time, we are all burnt to a crisp! Sea is lovely and refreshing. Too hot to sleep some nights and the a/c in our apartment is not pulling it's weight! Before we came out my son was moaning that it would not be hot enough. Last Thursday he was complaining he was too hot (although, in fairness, it was an absolute scorcher). Did Alcudia market and old town today - again extremely hot. Sitting on my balcony with a cold San Miguel now listening to the crickets and the sheep-bells

Last edited by PaulB; 26-05-2009 at 21:01.
Old 27-05-2009, 10:24

Sounds fabulous Paul hope all that lovely weather doesn't wear it's self out. Can't wait til Saturday nearly there now....