Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Prices Rising (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/4571-prices-rising.html)

joelise80 25-04-2009 19:14

Prices Rising

Mum and Dad have just returned from their annual week in the Daina. They always bring back pressies for the grandchildren but not this year :( Presents are usually t shirts and sweeties but Mum said t shirts were priced at 21 Euros in most shops which is alot of money when there are 4 children to buy for.
They thought that drinks and snacks were still the same as last year but it is the tourist shops along the front with the gifts and knick knacks that have got really expensive.

Grandad 05-05-2009 14:16

I was out there in Feb and my friends are there now and Fortunately the drinks and restaurants are the same price as last year in most casses, so as I class these as Essentials, then we should be OK. Shop prices have increased so they will be suffering more than anyone this year. so Eat, Drink and be merry ( in the sun we hope).

CathB 05-05-2009 19:06

we have just returned from a week in PP and didnt find the prices too bad.I checked out the T shirts in most of the gift shops at the basic ones started at about 4.50 -6.50...I think the 21 euro ones are the ones with the "lizard" logo (cant remember the make but they are in those lovely muted colours)and not the good old souvenir t shirts.Had a good deal on perfume though in the shop on the corner (by Lune de Miel) if u pay in sterling they will give you 1.30 euros to the pound..i saved nearly £5 on a bottle of perfume :)

Jimbo the Jambo 05-05-2009 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathB (Post 30041)
we have just returned from a week in PP and didnt find the prices too bad.I checked out the T shirts in most of the gift shops at the basic ones started at about 4.50 -6.50...I think the 21 euro ones are the ones with the "lizard" logo (cant remember the make but they are in those lovely muted colours)and not the good old souvenir t shirts.Had a good deal on perfume though in the shop on the corner (by Lune de Miel) if u pay in sterling they will give you 1.30 euros to the pound..i saved nearly £5 on a bottle of perfume :)

CathB,

Oh No!!!! thats the worst news I have heard in ages. Thank God Mrs. Jambo does not use this forum! Loose words like "good deals on perfume" should be banned (I don't hope for any support from Pollensa). I will of course tell Mrs. J that there is no need to enter the said shop ever again as prices are out of this world.

O.K. I admit, it's me that goes in there, the after shaves etc. for men are great and I can get the Chrissie presents bought in a oner!

lol,

jimbo

Joanne 06-05-2009 06:13

Hope they are still doing this deal in August love coming home loaded up with perfume

Belladonna 06-05-2009 08:22

I have never thought of paying in sterling there but thats a really good tip and one which I will now help hubby to compromise on!! :)

Sparky 06-05-2009 08:51

The Tabac shop next to Centric always offer you the choice of paying in Euros or Sterling.

Smiddy 06-05-2009 14:59

Prices

Still have to check r/e, may be just a wee spot of clever marketing! I bought a double bottle of Smirnoff vodka from that shop, you know the one's taped together, however if you turn then over you find the other one attached is some local gut-rot:rolleyes:

It's nice to buy perfume/spirits etc on holiday, but is it just me or can you now actualy get them cheaper at home now, if you use Tesco/Asda and the discount stores?

Gommar Goffer 06-05-2009 15:37

Try cheapsmells.com. Never tried them but they look cheap

GG

CathB 06-05-2009 20:14

I discovered the "pay in sterling " last year so before i came out this time I priced several of the perfumes at home first and I found I still saved a couple of pounds..:)

Mark1875 18-05-2009 11:41

I am just back from Rhodes and have noticed that nick nacks, smellies and t shirts are now far dearer in Europe than they are in the UK? Bet it doesnt keep my good lady out of the shoe and handbag shops in PP though.