Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2009, 21:04

Thumbs up forecast

15 day forecast available at accuweather.com It is usually quite accurate. Sorry if this is on the wrong part of the site. I'm new here, but a PP addict..
We go to PP every year and this will be our 9th year. Love it love it.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-04-2009, 21:39

Hi Pollensadoll

How good to hear of a reasonably accurate weather forecasting site. Hope it works for you and you enjoy this forum. Welcome!

Disorderly
Old 23-04-2009, 20:09

Default Thank u

Thank u disorderly. I like accuweather....it was spot on for our trip to PP last year, weather was glorious. I am liking the forum, lots of interesting stuff on here. My daughter and I are booked for our dose of PP on 3rd August, just for one week this year. Only approx 13 and 1/2 weeks to go!!
Old 24-04-2009, 18:17
Founder

This looks much better for this weekend AccuWeather.com - Palma De Mallorca, SPAIN - Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts

All the other forecasts for today said it would be cloudy. It has been sunny & pretty warm, glorious in fact (am even in shorts...) Will post about our trip to Soller when I get back...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:02

Confused????

According to Accuweather the temp. is going to reach a lovely 25 degrees in Palma today, but just looked at BBC weather and it says maximum of a very average 19 degress. I wonder how there can be such a large discrepancy?

Apparently, it is already 19 degrees in Palma at 0930 (according to the weather on this forum), so it appears the BBC are way off.

Last edited by PaulB; 08-05-2009 at 09:05.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:19

Yes, the Beeb always seem to underestimate temperatures by at least 3 degrees... we have noticed this every time we go to PP! Looking at the webcam yesterday it was gorgeous in the port in the afternoon and the weather was about 23 degrees, but not according to the BBC. I've stopped looking at their forecast and started using weather websites - they seem much more reliable, even providing 10-day forecasts. Just Google 'Weather in Mallorca' and you get several to choose from.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:22

Oops, sorry - didn't realise there were other posts above Paul's that already recommend websites offering long-term forecasts - wasn't paying attention! Thanks for the Accuweather tip, will definitely try them in future. There's nothing more annoying than arriving for your holiday with a suitcase full of fleeces to find it's sweltering!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28
Super Moderator

Another lovely day today and already 23 degrees and rising. Accuweather is more accurate than the tv and they do a 15 day forecast.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:03

Sparky, yes I looked at the 15 day forecast. Predicted to be lovely when we arrive on 19th May!!
Old 08-05-2009, 18:07

They do actually also have Pollensa itself: AccuWeather.com - Pollensa, SPAIN - Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts

I've been avidly addicted to all the weather sites for the last 2 weeks as we arrive tomorrow night yay
Old 08-05-2009, 18:59

Thanks for that caitlin, yet another site to check everyday, I find the best forecast is to check into The Tapas Bar everyday, sparky is normally on line and she will let you know what the weather is doing there and then just by looking out the window, have a great time Paul, and do pop in and see us when you can.