Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Is the weather as bad as it looks? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/4477-weather-bad-looks.html)

Hannah70 08-04-2009 09:21

Is the weather as bad as it looks?

Hello everyone
I am due to fly to PP tomorrow. I've spent the last few weeks monitoring the weather. It just seems to be getting worse. The 10 day forecast shows mostly rain. I'm so disappointed. We've waited so long for this well deserved family break. I knew the weather could be a bit of a gamble at this time of year but I never thought the weather could be worse than it is in this country!

Is there anyone reading this who is in PP now? Is the weather as bad as the forecast is showing? Is it cold and rainy? Has the sun broken through the clouds at all?

Shall I unpack all my Summer clothes and replace them with anoraks and woolly jumpers?!!!:confused:

moosey 08-04-2009 09:31

Hi there me too off there tomorrow, think we will be having rain, my friends live there and they have had such terrible weather over the winter months, it picked up in feb..and i was there and it was beautiful.. I think we will be in for some rain.. i would be packing some cardigans etc..umbrella as when it rains it lashes down.. still cold of a night i believe.. but it changes quick the forecast so i think sun and mon could be ok..wunderground .com is a fairly accurate web site to go on..have a good trip

Major Tom 08-04-2009 09:44

Weather in pp

Glad to be going back to Blighty today PP not the same without sunshine
it has now started to rain and my Sat TV has a message no signal,why
does this happen when it rains ?
Oh well we will be back in May can't wait..........

Smiddy 08-04-2009 10:49

The Weather

The Bulletin suggests the weather will improve from Monday onwards, i wouldn't take long term forecasts all that seriously, mosy weather forecasts are only accurate over a 48 hour period anyway. Have a nice holiday!

tievenaghtanya 08-04-2009 14:17

Hi all, We are arriving tomorrow also and I have just taken a break from packing.
We are taking everything from fleeces , raincoats , and umbrellas, to swimming togs and shorts.
last year we visited late April and we had a some warm days , some wet, some cold and very windy, so we are going prepared for everything.
I just can`t wait to get there.

Regards TT

ryansclan 08-04-2009 19:38

Hannah and T. Just come back from the Port on Sunday after only 4 days there. We had rain and quite cold on Thur & Friday but then....the sun came out. Absolutely superb on Saturday & Sunday. Cycled around to Alcudia and Old Pollensa, sat in the sun and had a cool beer. People were on the beach sunbathing etc it was properly warm. Still a bit cool to sit outdoors at night but if you just set out to do suitable things when the weathers not so good (we walked to the Boquer valley equipped with fleece and waterproof on the poor day) you'll get some brilliant weather mixed with the odd shower. Have a great hol :D

Hannah70 08-04-2009 20:55

Thank you for all your replies. Our bags are bursting at the seams with fleeces etc as well as summer clothes. What a shame we are flying with Ryanair and will probably be well over our 15kg weight limit!!! I shall make sure I post all my restaurant reviews etc when I come back in 2 weeks.
Looks like there will be quite a few other PP forum members milling around at the same time as me. Let's hope we get a little bit of sun!

its cd 08-04-2009 21:12

Hannah

So long as you don't all mind looking stupid ............. read Heidi to the kids ( so you can make a joke of it ) and then get them and yourselves to put several layers of outer clothes on rather than overload your cases ............... you can always take them off once on the plane ................ beats paying Ryanair any money you don't need to

In feb I got on a plane in my boots , my jeans , a t shirt, 2 jumpers; a hoodie; a coat with 3 paperback books in the pockets and a scarf and hat ............... no one batted an eyelid ......... lets face it they can't exactly say " are you overdressingf or just fat " can they !

so basically I just wore all of the additional clothing I needed to take because it wasn;t hot

Sparky 08-04-2009 23:20

The sky is clear tonight, yes it is a bit chilly but the rain was not as bad as forecast today. I would suggest you bring lots of thin layers and a lightweight weather proof jacket because when the sun comes out it is hot and when it rains it is very wet :rolleyes::D:eek:

moosey 09-04-2009 09:09

ha hannah me too with ryan air today.. have got the scales out weighing baggage as they are ruthless

whaleywanderer 09-04-2009 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 29208)

In feb I got on a plane in my boots , my jeans , a t shirt, 2 jumpers; a hoodie; a coat with 3 paperback books in the pockets and a scarf and hat ............... no one batted an eyelid ......... lets face it they can't exactly say " are you overdressingf or just fat " can they !

...................................Yes they can - It's Ryanair don't forget:eek:

Smiddy 09-04-2009 11:10

Weather

" Oh dear, Sir seems to have put on a awful lot of weight since he last flew with us":)

BonysLad 09-04-2009 13:09

Quote:

Is there anyone reading this who is in PP now? Is the weather as bad as the forecast is showing? Is it cold and rainy? Has the sun broken through the clouds at all?

Shall I unpack all my Summer clothes and replace them with anoraks and woolly jumpers?!!!:confused:
Hannah,

Local forecast says showery Easter ( Sunday due to be worst day ) and then picking up from Monday onwards with temps 19/20 and sun mid week.

Pack your gagoules and just enjoy yourselves.

BonysLad:):)

shotokan 10-04-2009 14:37

Well, Im not there untill the 23rd and bringing my sister for her first visit.
I hope that my perfect picture of PP is not washed away for her!
Fingers Crossed!
:):):)