Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 15:50

Default Ever had a bad holiday in PP?

I love puerto pollensa and have visited many times over the years and will still be visiting in years to come but every now and again i've had a holiday that wasn't as great as others. The reasons vary from bad weather, illness, being with the wrong people, bumping into the wrong people, or just generally not enjoying myself as much as usual. I'd be interested to hear other people's similar experiences, and please go into as much detail as possible.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 19:20

The year before last was spolit slightly by the fact that on arriving our lovely ground floor apartment on the Pine Walk had a leak and we put upstairs in the attic apartments (100 odd steep steps) for the first week and then when we moved down to the ground floor the second week we had about 3 days of torrential rain (this was in August) but we didnt let this ruin the holiday just has been marked down as not one of the best!

Last edited by Joanne; 05-04-2009 at 08:29.
Old 05-04-2009, 17:25

It was May 2008 and I had coersed, and eventually persuaded my husband to go and see The Blind Boys of Alabama in concert two nights before we departed on holiday and he will never forgive me as it lead to our only disappointing visit to PP.
The day after we arrived we woke up and my huband was covered in spots, on his eyelids, between his fingers and toes,in his ears, he was covered in them. The Doctor in the Port diagnosed chicken pox, imagine he managed to reach 48 without ever contracting them and i take him to a concert he didn`t want to attend and the rest is history.......
He couldn`t go out for the rest of our stay ,incase he would infect others so our son and I would wave to him on our way to do something fun, and Adam kept saying I wish dad was with us. It was awful, poor thing, but he did have plenty of time to relax and read a few books.
Another really disappointing thing was not being able to eat in our favorite restaurants, well any restaurants for that matter so it was take away and barbeque for the week .The Doc did allow him to fly home again as planned after a couple of very nasty injections.
Going again on Thursday, no concerts planned and hoping to have a virus free trip.

regards TT

Last edited by tievenaghtanya; 05-04-2009 at 17:29.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:21

Sept 2006 we rented an apt in Gommar and in doing so found the english bars and pub,i believe was called the white lion,all up by the Pollensa park hotel,we had been to PP before and never found this part,we made the mistake of going into one of the bars when a football match was on trying to find their internet facilities,i was told in no uncertain terms to get out of the bloody way,i was really upset,that is a horrible part of PP,it really did put me off.
scarlett
Old 08-04-2009, 19:51

Ah Scarlett......the Brits abroad, eh? Can't beat 'em! Our worst experience in PP was two summers ago when our rented villa was broken into and a laptop and camcorder stolen, both just after my son's wedding and containing many irreplaceable photos.

Of course to the local Guarda Civil this is just a form filling exercise for the benefit of our insurers. I have to say that Villa Parade's rep was absolutely fantastic, accompanying me to the "cop shop" and was really, really helpful.

All in all it was a bit of a pain but hasn't put us off the place. Might as well be burgled somewhere nice!!
Old 08-04-2009, 23:35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
Sept 2006 we rented an apt in Gommar and in doing so found the english bars and pub,i believe was called the white lion,all up by the Pollensa park hotel,we had been to PP before and never found this part,we made the mistake of going into one of the bars when a football match was on trying to find their internet facilities,i was told in no uncertain terms to get out of the bloody way,i was really upset,that is a horrible part of PP,it really did put me off.
scarlett
Can i just point out that it is not the "White Lion " by the Polypark it is " Golden Lion" and it is not English, it is Spanish and does not have Internet. Also if the Internet bar with football was the "Cafe Bon Dia" it is now owned by new people and they would never be that rude. So do go back again i am sure you will not regret it.
Old 09-04-2009, 13:11

We've never had a really bad holiday in PP, but three years ago we rented a villa that didn't live up to expectations and which put a bit of a dampener on our visit.

The house itself was OK, apart from the sink in the kitchen which regularly used to overflow with foul-smelling water. The pool was tiny, something we were aware of before we went, but it had posts and rope surrounding it and one day one of the posts fell out which meant the whole contraption collapsed! There was a sheer drop to the gravelled driveway below which would have been dangerous had we had very small children with us. The gardens were unkempt and full of long grass and weeds, but we did have two horses as close neighbours which pleased the children.

The worst thing was that it was quite a way from Pollensa (probably nearer Alcudia) and it took ages to get anywhere on a long and very narrow road. That certainly put a dampener on evenings out as I was the one driving home!

Then, to cap it all, just days before we were due to fly home, the big terrorist threat erupted in the UK and we didn't have a clue what we had to do with hand luggage or whether we would face massive delays.

On the good side, my parents flew out to visit and we had a series of fantastic meals with them so there was certainly some very pleasurable moments!
Old 11-04-2009, 15:01

Oookkay where do I start lol ....

August 2004 we were in PP and it was marred by the fact the we had money stolen... but at this time we were informed that there had been morroccan's coming in and it had become a problem at the time though I have to say the staff at the Flora where we were staying were fantastic.

August 2005 ~ The Airline lost my case again the lovely Pedro at the Flora spoke to the airline in Spanish and it was delivered the next day...

July 2007 ~ My little sister contact salmonella and ended up in hospital while out there....

August 2008 ~ The company we were with put a bit of a dampner on everything.

All in all nothing could change my love for PP and will continue to back though I have to admit my mums opinion has been slightly tainted after all of the above but ill change her mind and get her back at some stage this year It gives us all something to look back at and laugh
Old 11-04-2009, 16:55

No - despite the usual odd illness/accident/lost case/flood/electrical problems/theft (30 years ago!)/awkward friends (supposedly), etc. etc. etc.

GG
Old 11-04-2009, 17:09

Completely agree GG.

Despite rain, floods, snow!!!, mosquitos, running out of petrol!!( see a previous admission!!), food poisoning (wife, I drink too much disinfectant! in the alco brand for bugs to survive!!) We have always enjoyed ourselves.

My FlickR Photos