Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
I really don't see how local businesses can say this as the road didn't close till October'ish (can't remember exactly when) last year, when the tourist season was at an end and most of the restaurants and shops on that stretch had either closed or were closing for the season. This area is mostly served by the people walking past not the motorists and there would be more people walking past if it was wider and safer to do so,
Added to the fact cars should not be parking there anyway?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2009, 12:31
Founder

The 'official' reason for removing the pedestrianisation is the issue over relocating the main bus stops at the Marina - you can read it in Spanish here Ultima Hora Digital I assume that that the MDB may have carried an English version as well?
Old 28-05-2009, 14:32

This whole farce is like groundhog day. Now they have opened the road again it brings me back to the point i made when this subject first came up. If cars can go along the front what was the point in spending big bucks building the new road?.
Old 28-05-2009, 15:32
Super Moderator

It has made the road around the bay quieter, there is not so much heavy traffic.
Old 28-05-2009, 19:01

We stayed in a villa near Can Cuarassa and found the new round brilliant for getting to Eroski and down to the pine walk area. Agree with Sparky when we were going into Puerto Pollensa in the evening found the road around the bay much quieter than it used to be.
Old 28-05-2009, 19:05

Ooops meant to say the new road not new round!
Old 13-08-2009, 10:54

The crossings along the sea front have now been turned into speed humps, quite big so be careful the first time you drive along. It is a good idea because the crossing are so much more visible and it feels safer crossing on them, I presume if they have done this they must have shelved plans to close the road again? Anyone have any more info?
Old 13-08-2009, 16:03
Super Moderator

Within the last few days Calle Bot (the road that runs from opposite Tamarells beside the Pollensa Park Hotel) has been made a one-way street.
At long last the council have seen the light, this is years overdue. It is now only possible to drive up from the front towards the Golden Lion. All i hope is that they follow on from this move and take the pavement away beside the Popark garden and then extend the pavement on the opposite side of the road. This will make it much more wheelchair and dare i say buggy friendly.
A great result for the Gotmar residents association , well done all of you.
Old 13-08-2009, 16:58

They have also reversed the one way on the Calle Cadenera,the road from the habitat roundabout to the bypass. You can now access this road from the roundabout at the habitat but not from the bypass. Living where I do it is now quite difficult to get to the main rd and also to access the sea front.,have to drive down the bypass to llenaire and back in or negotiate that awful chiccane at Pinaret,but I am sure we will get used to it if it stays. I do agree that the pedestrian crossings are better.
Lollipop
Old 13-08-2009, 17:07

There were doing that as well when we were there, they seemed to be blocking the road at the Habitat roundabout some days and not letting you down there, then other days blocking it at the other end where it meets the bypass, it always was a narrow road.