Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Pollensa Boat Yard (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/4309-pollensa-boat-yard.html)

Major Tom 19-02-2009 17:48

Pollensa Boat Yard

I have just read in the Daily Bulletin about a boat yard possibly being relocated.

Does anyone know the name of it or where it is located ?

Thanks,

tievenaghtanya 19-02-2009 21:27

The only boat yard I know of is Fairline boats on Avenue de Joan, on the right hand side of the roundabout with the Habitat apts on your left. They have an advertisement on the left of this page under market place, boats and yachts.
Regards TT

pollensa 19-02-2009 23:36

Hi there. The article talks about boat workshops on the 'old wharf' which I think is where la llonja is.

frito 20-02-2009 09:31

Boat yard

I think that they are talking about the boat yard on the sea-front near the roundabout, between the bus stop and the car park, opposite the tabac.

The question is......where will they move it to?

Cheers!

Frito:rolleyes:

whaleywanderer 20-02-2009 10:56

..................................... and what will they put in it's place?

El Gordo 20-02-2009 11:49

I'm sorry to see the removal of things like this, surely men working on boats, nets, fishing etc is all part of the charisma of PP. OK if it were dirty or an eyesore or was not accessible, but we quite enjoy nosing about watching the locals "WORK" while we are enjoying idle days!! We always try and see whats going on in ports everywhere.

pollensa 20-02-2009 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hola its GL (Post 27950)
I'm sorry to see the removal of things like this, surely men working on boats, nets, fishing etc is all part of the charisma of PP. OK if it were dirty or an eyesore or was not accessible, but we quite enjoy nosing about watching the locals "WORK" while we are enjoying idle days!! We always try and see whats going on in ports everywhere.

Quite agree - I love seeing working Ports & Docks (even Harwich is exciting!) - Puerto Soller & Cala Figuera have plenty of men mending fishing nets & fishermen returning with their catch. Sorry, keep this on track, Pollensa!

Gommar Goffer 24-02-2009 18:00

No doubt they feel they need to enlarge the car park now that the front is pedestrianised and you have to park up to get to places like Tolo's!!:eek:

Yes - I know you could park down one of the side streets that are nearer.

I'm just having a dig:D

lollipop 25-02-2009 15:46

Not sure exactly where they are referring to but there are workshops on the pier behind the restaurant Stay, the two sites suggested are one on the Gotmar side possibly on the main road to the port and the other on land by the new road. Time will tell I guess.

pollensafan 03-03-2009 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleywanderer (Post 27944)

How about a Tex-Mex?.:)

Mark 05-03-2009 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleywanderer (Post 27944)

Hidropark | water park Mallorca :D

Mark

El Gordo 05-03-2009 10:41

But honestly, does anyone know what is planned??