Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 13:28

Default pedestrianisation

Hi to all members,
Been a while since I actually logged on but still keep an eye on the site - good to see all the same names - and new ones - sharing topics that are always interesting.
Now this may be somewhere on the site already and if it is could someone point me to it ...the new pedestrianisation area.
Could anyone tell me where it starts or a little more about it - the reason being we're thinking of renting a beachfront apartment 'Tamorels' which is described as being at the start of the new pedestrianisation area.
Cana't quite make out from the photos where it is - though I suspect it could be near the beach bar?
Not been in PP since last summer when the ring road was fully open - just wondering if the main seafront road has been drastically changed?
Many thanks as usual.
Red Robbo
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2009, 14:35

Just seen the similar thread to my earlier question - seems to have been a lot of debate last October.
Think this helps me - but as people are saying it'll be interesting as to how the busy summer months cope.
Old 10-02-2009, 14:40

Default Tamarells

Hi Red

if it's the same! it is actually almost opposite the beach bar, We stayed there some years ago before we decided to buy great location and very nice apartment. As for the pedestrinised area ....Still very confusing as to where it starts I actually thought it was further down towards town, Who knows!

Sonya
Old 10-02-2009, 20:28
Super Moderator

It's all a bit of a joke at the moment, seems most people just ignore it. However we were walking up to the port the other night and the local police scored a hat-trick, they pulled one car over and while they were dealing with the driver two more drove up. I think they thought it was Christmas.
Old 10-02-2009, 21:01

Seems to me that they (the local council) need to make up their minds one way or the other! We were out last October the day the change took place and I have to say that it made sitting at some of the roadside bars and restaurants much better. But, if they leave it up to the discretion of individual motorists someone is going to get badly injured when the resort gets busier!
Old 10-02-2009, 23:31
Super Moderator

Yes i agree with you, it really is a half hearted attempt at the moment. They have put up two tiny flashing red lights but if you blink you would miss them, also the bollards that were there have been blowing around the general area for weeks in fact one of them has disappeared. I think it may be out in the Med somewhere.
Old 11-02-2009, 16:56

The latest update from the council is that cars can drive along the front as long as the driver is over 70 and accompanied by both parents.
Old 11-02-2009, 17:22

Default Pedestrian

Must admit i drove along it a couple of times last week, think i MAY have seen a sign saying "Locals only" (in Spanish) or similar. Anyway i now know, and to be honest your much better taking the new road at the round-about. Perhaps bigger flashing lights and definately a "no entry" sign or come the summer it will be chaos.
Old 12-02-2009, 14:06

Thanks for all the info - it sounds pretty chaotic and confusing and needs sorting out before the busier months arrive.
Can't wait to see it however!
Old 12-02-2009, 15:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Robbo View Post
Hi to all members,

Not been in PP since last summer when the ring road was fully open - just wondering if the main seafront road has been drastically changed?
Many thanks as usual.
Red Robbo
Robbo,

Don't know whether it's changed in the last couple of weeks but it's a bit of a hotch potch at present. It's kindda semi pedestrianised in that if you approach the port from Alcudia you get turned off the front around the Pollenca Park . However there still seems to be traffic coming the other way but I noticed the cops pouncing on a few motorists. Don't know if Sparky can update us to present situation but don't expect you'll notice much change to the road .

BonysLad
Old 12-02-2009, 15:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Robbo View Post
Thanks for all the info - it sounds pretty chaotic and confusing and needs sorting out before the busier months arrive.
Can't wait to see it however!
Robbo,

Must make sure I read the whole thread before posting in future !!!!

Sorry if my post looks out of date, folks

BonysLad
Old 12-02-2009, 15:57

Thanks Bonyslad!
To be honest the you have made the jigsaw a bit more complete in my head!
I can see how they can be turning people past the Pollenca Park...I never thought the pedestrianisation would start that far back.
Mind you, those narrow roads certainly don't seem ideal as cut throughs to the new ring road...
Am sure everything will sort itself out one way or the other - pardon the pun!
Old 12-02-2009, 18:02
Super Moderator

In my opinion Calle Bot, the road by the Polypark, is very narrow and needs to be made one way. The pavements are also lethal but it doesn't look like the council know the area even exists.
Old 12-02-2009, 18:20

We normally stay in Gommar but this year we are staying in Pinaret. If the pedestrianisation starts at the Pollensa Park, how do residents get into Pinaret. I thought this area was only accessible from the beach road.

Any body help on this?

Timberman
Old 12-02-2009, 18:48
Super Moderator

There is a road off the 3rd roundabout ( i think its the 3rd )it is a little road just passed the 1st exit, brings you into the top end of Pinaret.