Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-12-2008, 12:35

Cool Forum Get-together 2009?

Anyone know if a Forum get-together is being organised for next year? I'd love to meet some of PP Forum people. I know it's a long way off but it would be something to look forward to.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-12-2008, 13:35

Hi pollpott, not sure if anyone is organising one next year, did you want to volunteer to do it.
Speaking for myself, I am not a big fan of large official formal meet ups with members there, but what would be less formal and more likely to appeal to members would be to have a regular met up for drinks one evening a week, say on Friday, early evening, in one of the bars in the square. People could just turn up if the were in the port and wanted to meet fellow members, we could maybe get one of the bars to supply some nibbles and set aside a couple of tables for an hour. What do you think?
Old 15-12-2008, 15:29

Default Forum get together

How about Bonys ? Jose would no doubt give us discounted drinks and free sweeties !!
Old 15-12-2008, 16:19
Founder

I'm afraid I no longer organise an 'official' get-together as the best time to do them i.e. we had plenty of guests, was during the school summer hols & now that ours have flown the nest, we tend to do more short breaks during the other months.

However please do go ahead & use this forum to arrange your own. We always found Pascalinos a good venue as it's easy to find & their large jugs of Sangria were very good value. If you do go ahead, I would suggest that you try to identify yourselves as I think that some informal ones have failed in the past when members didn't recognise each other! I always used to wear my T-shirt - see Puerto Pollensa T-shirts but even a home-made sign on the table would do.

Best of Luck,

Zelda

if you arrange one when I'm in PP, I'd love to come along.
Old 15-12-2008, 20:05

Default When are we all there

How about having a 'sticky' so we can post when we are in PP? I would love to meet up with other people when we are there in May. I sometimes wonder when we get chatting if others are members but I never like to ask!
Old 15-12-2008, 21:26

Question

What's a 'sticky'?

It's quite difficult to organise a meeting really. How about we just agree to pop into a particular place on a particular day/evening of the week, say every Friday. So no matter which month we go PP, we can pop into this chosen place every Friday at a specific time to see if any other members are there. Obviously the summer months will be when most people get out there.
But how would we know who are PP Forum members and who aren't?
Any ideas? Apart from wearing a badge with your PP forum name on it!
Old 15-12-2008, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollpott View Post
What's a 'sticky'?
A "sticky" is a notice posted on the board that doesn't move - like all the restaurant reference threads, etc.

Jane
Old 16-12-2008, 13:00
Founder

I have now created this thread http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-pollensa.html for January meet-ups so I've moved some of your posts there. I'll create new ones for each month as needed - just drop me a PM.
Old 16-12-2008, 19:59

Hi there, every week sounds a bit too regular - and Friday night is a busy night for many bars/restaurants and its also many peoples last night of their holidays - I would suggest maybe the first Wednesday of every month or the first and third Wednesday of each month. Anyhow, I am almost always here if anyone wanted to meet me . . a carnation held between the teeth??? Ha ha.
Old 17-12-2008, 11:05

[QUOTE I always used to wear my T-shirt but even a home-made sign on the table would do.[/QUOTE]

A good way of promoting your sales Zelda

I think that we need something a little less obvious, perhaps something that we can pin on, like a badge. The PP tee shirts, in my opinion, are ok for the men but do not flatter us ladies (although I'm past the stage when anything looks flattering)

The regular meeting place seems a good idea and due to some only having a weeks holiday, would have to be a weekly event, there would be nothing to arrange really, so nothing lost if nobody turned up. I agree with Zelda that Pascalinos would be a good venue, the drinks are cheap and you can just sit outside (In the summer!) and they are open all year (I think).