Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   UK department stores deliveries to Spain (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/4101-uk-department-stores-deliveries-spain.html)

Labore 18-11-2008 11:54

UK department stores deliveries to Spain

Anybody know who the 2 major UK department stores are that deliver to Spain ( as per todays Mallorca daily bulletin ) and does this include delivery to Mallorca or just mainland Spain ?

Mariquita 18-11-2008 15:20

The stores are Marks & Spencer and Next.

I believe they both deliver to Mallorca.

Smiddy 20-11-2008 10:56

UK Dept Stores

I see M&S have 20% off everything today! Not sure if this applies on line also, if it does then it would be a amazing bargain. If you don't ask, you don't get!!!!

pinewalkstroll 20-11-2008 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiddy (Post 26579)
I see M&S have 20% off everything today! Not sure if this applies on line also, if it does then it would be a amazing bargain. If you don't ask, you don't get!!!!

Hi,

Our first order is on it's way to PP and should arrive 26th-27th Nov .

We are like children waiting for Father Christmas to arrive !

What a shame though we can't order from the food section. Still more than happy to be able to order clothes and we hope it is a great success.

whaleywanderer 25-11-2008 12:26

Just a quick question - What was the postage charge?

pollensa 25-11-2008 12:43

On their website is says £10 per delivery to Spain.

"Do you deliver outside the UK?

Subject to Terms & Conditions, selected products may be delivered to Australia, Canada, France, Germany, New Zealand, Spain and the United States. Deliveries outside the UK are subject to customs, legal, regulatory and certain practical restrictions. Please note we don't deliver to Eire, the Channel Islands, or to shipping companies.

What products qualify for international delivery?

Womenswear, Menswear, Kidswear, Lingerie, Accessories, Jewellery and selected Home and Beauty products.

What products are excluded from international delivery?

Food, Wine, Flowers, Gift Cards, Hampers, Furniture, Electrical, Lighting, Technology, Large Appliances and selected beauty products. See individual product details for more information.

Are DVDs available for international delivery?

Yes, they may be purchased for international delivery although not all delivery areas are covered. You should check compatibility with the recipient before placing an order. All our DVDs are Region 2: West Europe and Japan. All Blu-rays are Region B: Europe, Middle East and Australia.

All DVDs are age related by the British Board of Film Classification. Please note that UK DVD ratings may be different from other countries.

Is a signature needed for international delivery?

All international deliveries will need to be signed for on receipt. If no one is available to take receipt, a card will be left explaining where the item is and what to do next.

How much does it cost to deliver items outside the UK?

Delivery to:

France, Germany, Spain £10
"

Delivery to Spain takes approximately 6 -9 days
For Christmas Last Order Subject to Availability 11th December

Smiddy 25-11-2008 15:01

UK stores

Sounds good, i know i'am asking a question i can't answer but does anyone know the situation re tax on arrival? If goods were comimg the other way there would be no duty but you could get hit by VAT. (15%, thank you Mr Darling:).:)

Lillianna 25-11-2008 15:59

There are a couple of other clothes stores that deliver to Spain. Dorothy Perkins and Wallis (both 5 pounds delivery) and Evans are setting up their site for delivery here.

I put my order in to M & S and like pinewalkstroll, I just wish they delivered food as well!!!

Lillianna 25-11-2008 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiddy (Post 26678)
Sounds good, i know i'am asking a question i can't answer but does anyone know the situation re tax on arrival? If goods were comimg the other way there would be no duty but you could get hit by VAT. (15%, thank you Mr Darling:).:)

Sorry, but why would you get hit by VAT? Surely any goods you buy within the EU would include VAT?

Smiddy 25-11-2008 17:34

UK Shopping

You've just answered my question.

pinewalkstroll 25-11-2008 18:32

Hi,

Our first parcel arrived today. No further payment was required and we was very happy with the items and speed of posting from the UK.

Lillianna 25-11-2008 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinewalkstroll (Post 26684)
Hi,

Our first parcel arrived today. No further payment was required and we was very happy with the items and speed of posting from the UK.

I buy just about everything from the UK or the US. If you buy anything from another EU country, you would never be charged duty or any other extra tax. In all the years I've been buying from the States I've never had to pay duty on anything either - I don't know whether I've just been very lucky or what?

The only time I've had to pay duty was a few years ago when I bought a mobile phone and it was sent from Hong Kong. The seller refunded the duty though, so I was happy!!

Smiddy 27-11-2008 11:40

UK Dept Stores

Lilliana,

You have just been lucky, goods from the Staes attract duty/vat tariffs, suppose it depends on the mood the customs official is in.