Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree29Likes
  • 10 Post By Dunk
  • 5 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Dunk
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By pollensafan
  • 2 Post By Dunk
  • 2 Post By its cd
  • 5 Post By URI
  • 2 Post By Dunk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2012, 16:06

Default Cheer me up

Hi, I really enjoy reading and contributing to the Forum, and it is a fantastic source of Info, with some serious messages and some more light hearted, however, is it me or has there been an element of Doom and Gloom over the last few days with the titles of some of the most recent threads :

Security - ANSA - be sensible, Ive travelled the world including living in Africa for some time, dont remove your brain just because your on holiday, be as careful as you are at home - relax - but be aware and alert. Crime is worldwide and tourists are easy pickings

Insurance - ANSA - We all know what insurance companies are like, but anyone who travels without it.......well!!! (You wouldnt drive without it)

Speed cameras - ANSA - Whats the rush your on holiday.

Allow time at Palma Airport - ANSA - Again whats the rush, its always busy in the summer,every Airport is going to busy this time of year, so no surprises its July!

Were coming out for 2 weeks of peace and quiet on Saturday, the weather looks wonderful, the coach drivers strike is averted, (hopefully the pool will be clean!!)

Please someone cheer me up - a nice trip report - or maybe Im just ready for a holiday.
debz1, sws97sdg, LK1960 and 7 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2012, 16:29
Super Moderator

Dunk, no doom and gloom from me. I have had the best time over the last few days, two very dear friends who i haven't seen for over 2 years surprised us by coming to the island and we met up a couple of times, they stayed overnight with us on Sunday so they could enjoy the fiesta, it was like we had never been apart but oh! the hangover yesterday was bad .
This morning the forum get together went really well, the sun is shining and it is forecast to stay that way, so no gloom, no doom ........all is well with Puerto Pollensa as you will find out for yourself in 2 weeks time .
debz1, sws97sdg, LK1960 and 2 others like this.
Old 17-07-2012, 16:38

Thanks Sparky, feel better already, we arrive on Saturday 21st for 2 weeks, so if I can move myself away from the pool, would like to come and say hello at one of the forum meets, but must confess, dont switch my phone on, dont even read a paper for 2 weeks, so hopefully the venue dosnt change and will come and say hello (kids in tow)
Sparky likes this.
Old 17-07-2012, 16:51
Super Moderator

Time, day and venue are the same every week for this year.....it might change next year but that's a long way off .
lollipop likes this.
Old 18-07-2012, 14:40

Hi Dunk, Just a point about the airport. I've been using palma for 36 years 2-3 times a year. Yes airports do get busy in the summer but trust me in 36 years i have never seen anything like it has been this year. I think the point some folk were making is that a lot of folk on here travel independently and are not dropped at the airport app 2 hours in advance re package tours. So i think people were just trying to prepare others in advance.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 18-07-2012, 15:45

Hi Pollensafan. Ive travelled all over, and not been on a package holiday myself for over 20 years, anyone who travels independantly or otherwise and does not arrive at any airport at any time of year at least 2 hours early would be a bit daft!!. But the message was typed firmly with tongue in cheek, it wasnt intended to disparage anyone and if that didnt come accross then I apologise and I do firmly believe that any advice is brilliant (especially on this site) - whether you take it, is a different matter.
Sparky and Jimbo the Jambo like this.
Old 18-07-2012, 16:29

Hi Dunk, I agree, but just to give an example about palma. In june i arrived 2hours and 20minutes before take off. By the time i got through security they were calling the flight for boarding. It was as though they were giving away free flights there were so many people there. Every other time, i have been hanging around with time to kill. My guess is it's all to do with the new terminals that have opened up in the last 12 months.
Old 18-07-2012, 22:30

Oh well Dunk you have confirmed what many probably think

I must be daft

We regularly arrive at uk airport and Palma airport just over an hour before flight due to take off .......... Out of season that is and have never ever had any problems ....... That's the beauty of checking in on line and going hand luggage only

Of course we would give ourselves more time in high season or if we we're traveling at peak time ........ But for our usual 6:45 am take off 5:30 is quite early enough

You watch , I bet you have jinxed us now ...... We will miss our next low season flight lol
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 19-07-2012, 10:36

Sadly allowing just over an hour, travelling with just hand luggage, on Sat 14th or Sunday 15th July might have led you to missing your flight so best to factor in a bit more time at the moment.
I don't think that there is any 'Fast Track' through Security at Palma Airport and it remains a complete mystery as to what the outbound passport controls are trying to achieve.
Old 19-07-2012, 10:41

Can someone confirm what is taking the time, going through security or passport control, coming in to Palma you only go through PC, but coming back you go through both?

On island time!!
Old 19-07-2012, 23:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
I don't think that there is any 'Fast Track' through Security at Palma Airport.
Yes there is. It's located half way along at the back of the ground floor check-in area for business class + passengers on BA, Iberia etc.
Old 20-07-2012, 08:13

Dunk, last night was my daughters end of primary school farewell show, i know I am biased but the highlight was little miss URI singing "that's what friends are for", I don't mind admitting I cried with pride and joy, some things in life are more important than speed cameras, airport queues, travel insurance and worrying about the weather.
Sparky, Brooksy, lollipop and 2 others like this.
Old 20-07-2012, 14:39

Hi Uri, we must have children of the same age, as Ive just got back from my sons end of year assembly and we fly to Pollensa tomorrow morning, that was my point exactly, its was all tongue in cheek, and I agree with you whole heartedly.
LK1960 and URI like this.