Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58

Default Hello from P.P. virgin

Hello from P.P. virgin.

We are going to P.P. for the first time in mid-May next year. I feel like I already know it pretty well after browsing this site on many occasions and I am really looking forward to seeing it myself with my wife and very active 12 year old boy.

We have not been abroad for some years, and after holidaying regularly in Cornwall feel it is time for a change (maybe get some sunshine and decent weather!).

Love the site and there is great information, particularly in the forums. P.P. looks like the ideal place with plenty of beaches, lovely restaurants and great coastal and mountain scenery - looks far removed from places such as Magaluf (which to us would be a nightmare!).

We are staying at the Duva apartments, which I believe are a little way out of town, with a bit of a trek to the beach and restaurants. We don't mind a bit of a walk though.

Did we do the right thing?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2008, 09:21

Welcome to the forum Paul, I'm sure you will find PP as addictive as the rest of us - meanwhile you can suss out all the good restaurants etc. on the forum. PP is very unlike Magaluf, much quieter, more for families or the more mature travellers (didn't want to say old!).

May is a good time to go, everywhere will be open and the weather should be just right (not too hot). You've got something nice to look forward to over the winter months.

If you've any questions, just ask here, we all like to help.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:31

Smile

Rest assured Paul..you have certainly done the right thing.

PP is a laid back, beautiful spot (possibly with the nicest bay on the Med) and you will love the azure blue of the sea and the whiote crushed shell sand on the beach... Great for families, we wondered about our first trip out as we'd not been to Mallorca before...it conjured up images of British lager louts etc. That all changed when we arrived and we've been coming ever since... both PP and Mallorca are places of beauty and the great thing is the Magaluf crowd stay put, neither having the inclination or sobriety to travel far from whatever bar is nearest to them. The more we have discovered the island the more we like it and are now hell bent on retiring out here... it has the best of all worlds..

As for the Duva Aparthotel, we've stayed there a couple of times-usually to make a 7 night holiday a 10 night break by tagging a few Duva nights on the back. To be honest we always DIY our holiday, as it works out a lot cheaper and get a car (which pays for itself through thge airport transfers alone), so we haven't had to do the Duva - Eroski supermarket walk that we see many doing...this could be a bit of a pain as the obligatory wine supplies can be on the heavy side... if you wanted to hire a car for a few days to see some of the impressive island sights that would be the time to do any major shops... going to the right supermarket could save quite a bit for you.

Duva themselves are clear, well managed, with great facilities, particularly if you fancy doing a bit of sport-gym work to keep the holiday pounds in check!

Either way you are bound to have a great time!
Enjoy your visit - I'm sure it won't be your last as the resort is heaven...
Old 06-10-2008, 11:14

Hi Paul

I can only echo what shotokan and whalley have said, I am sure you will not be disappointed, we too have stayed in the Duva apartment recently at the end of a stay, and we had 10 happy years at the sister apartments of Habitat. The location is slightly out of town but its only a pleasant stroll to the beach or into town in the evening, there are also buses running up and down all day, and taxis are reasonable in the evening.
The should be quite a lot for your son as well if he is 12, Duva is popular with families with kids of all ages, so he can make friends if he wants to, there is wifi available, so he can get his fix of MSN as well, tennis courts the gym and an indoor swimming pool, useful in May, should keep him occupied.
So dont worry, and look forward to having a great time as I sure you will
Old 06-10-2008, 20:06

Smile Yes - you will love it.

Hi Paul,
Once you have visited PP. you will realise why we all rave about it - a stroll along the Pine Walk early morning or late at night just magical.
Don't miss Formentor beach and try to take a trip to Sa Calobra - an unforgetable journey.
Enjoy every minute.
Old 06-10-2008, 20:51

Default Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for all of your welcoming responses. I always think it is a good sign when people are so enthusiastic about a place, whether they are visitors or they live there.

Will definitely stroll along the famous pine walk, Susie. Many times I am sure. And Formentor - am I right in thinking you can get a boat from PP?

Don't intend to do that much shopping, Shotokan. The plan is to eat out as much as possible, and try many of the recommended restaurants!

My son and I are both seafood nuts, so I think we will be well catered for (Brisa Marina?). He is not your normal fish finger and chips kid, and has very adventurous tastes. In fact we want to get as far away from normal British food as possible.

Can't wait to go now!
Old 07-10-2008, 00:23

Hi Paul
You definatly did the right thing, ive only been to PP twice but i'm hooked already. We plan next to go back year.
The Duva is about a 15 min walk to the centre, but there is a bus stop just across the road (1 ), so its no prob really.
I'm sure youll have a great time!
Jiggy
Old 07-10-2008, 17:27

Smile Boat to Formentor

Hi Paul,
Yes you can take a boat to Formentor, but its much better by car (if you hire one for a day or two) as you can access the spectacular viewing points and also you can spend the whole day on the beach swimming in the lovely warm sea.
We are back there in June (sounds mad - but I can't wait!).

PS. I think you can catch a bus to Formentor too.