Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 09:21

Unhappy When to visit - the weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz d View Post
so next year i'm going to try May instead (probobly freak snow fall!!). Still fantastic place and holiday.

Liz
I don't want to put a dampener on things (no pun intended!) but from what I've heard and read it didn't stop raining in May last year.

On a more positive note I have stayed in PP in May several times and found it to be a beautiful time of year, everything fresh and clean with the sunshine just the right temperature for us brits
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 16:43
Super Moderator

Yep i was there first 2 weeks in May, worst weather i have ever known in PP.Also there last October for the storms, going out on friday fingers crossed we might get better weather this time.. But hey, as long as it doesn't rain in the bar.
Old 03-10-2008, 17:22

Question

When is the best time to visit? I've been weighing up the weather, school holidays, price and all that and i still can't decide. Maybe June is the new September?
I also notice on the forum, that alot of people like going in the winter months, so maybe February is best?
What a dilema.......
Old 03-10-2008, 22:13

June the new September? Actually, for the last four years our main holiday in PP has been at the end of June and the weather has been fantastic, schools have not broken up so it's cheaper and quieter, and it is definitely my favourite time.

Over the years we've visited in every month except November, December and January. June has been the most reliable and comfortable from a weather perspective and, whilst we come over at other times a couple of times a year, June remains the favourite.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:08

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could rely on the weather, it would take all these difficult decisions away from us!

May & September - can be lovely in PP but of course the weather is unpredictable during these months and the local people always refer to September as the rainy month (although I spent 2 weeks there this year and not a spot of rain). May is normally lovely, we have had superb weather in past years but this year was the exception, raining almost every day.

January, February, March & April - are also beautiful, with the natural beauty of PP able to be seen without the distractions of bars, shops, sunbeds & parasols on the front. There are, however, still some shops bars and restaurants open in the town of Puerto Pollensa. The bars, shops etc. on the front start re-opening gradually about the end of February. The sea would be cold though at this time of year if you have children. The sun still shines in January & February and if you can find a nice sheltered spot you can still take a tan home. We went in April this year and had lovely weather. Note: the sight of the almond blossom in January is spectacular.

June, July & August - you can usually guarantee the sun but it gets very hot, sometimes too hot to go out. Air-con is needed to get a good nights sleep. The bars & restaurants are busy and there is plenty of hustle and bustle. The buses are on the summer timetable so run very frequently to the old town and up and down to Cae'n Picafort, also every hour to Palma with other buses running daily to other destinations.

October, November - We were in PP last year in October and had good weather with plenty of warm sunshine until a storm (which only lasted a day) arrived, the heavens opened (I have never seen rain so heavy) it was reported to be a mini hurricane. We are going this year in November (we are counting the days) so cannot comment yet, but watch this space.

December - Never been, but would love to experience Christmas amd New Year in our favourite place. Next year perhaps.

We cannot guarantee the weather anywhere but Puerto Pollensa would always be better than Britain and although there are short days in the winter months they are not dull, miserable and gloomy. My favourite time of year though has to be Spring (April, May) when everywhere is fresh and clean and nature is looking it's best

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 04-10-2008 at 10:21.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:09

Thanks WW!

Nice informative post!

Porto
Old 04-10-2008, 18:39

Great post WW,
June it is then. Reliable weather, no schools broken up yet, sea warm enough to swim in. We'd best stop there or everyone will go in June!
Thanks agin
Liz
Old 09-10-2008, 14:33
Banned

Been in may to hot, I think you just have to take a chance ,been there in feb 22 in palma. Peter