Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Weather for october (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/3942-weather-october.html)

Cliff 27-09-2008 14:47

Weather for october

Hi everyone, my wife and I are visiting PP next week for 7 days, I know the weather hasnt been to good recently, but it it still T shirt and shorts weather, or do we need to bring long trousers and jackets etc, any advice would be welcome

Disorderly 27-09-2008 18:12

We flew back from PP on Wednesday and on Monday and Tuesday it was certainly long trouser weather in the evening and I did go out with a jacket one one night so, yes, I'd take a good range of options with you if I were you.

Sorry to say this, but a small umbrella might be a good precaution too!

whaleywanderer 28-09-2008 10:31

Hi Cliff - Welcome to the forum, hope this post is your first of many.:) There is a webcam, situated in one of the estate agents on the front, watching this you can see how people are dressed, this gives a good indication to the weather. Looking at the weather forecast though the temperature seems to be dropping quite quickly.

If it's any consolation we were in PP for the last 2 weeks of October last year and had good weather apart from a mini hurricane:eek: which only lasted for 1 day.

whaleywanderer 28-09-2008 10:41

Hi Cliff - Welcome to the forum, hope this post is your first of many.:) There is a webcam, situated in Barnard Hamilton estate agents on the pine walk, you can find the link under Misc/New webcam in PP (I have tried to copy the link but with no success, not sure how to do this:confused:) watching this you can see how people are dressed, this gives a good indication as to the weather. Looking at the weather forecast though the temperature seems to be dropping quite quickly:(.

If it's any consolation we were in PP for the last 2 weeks of October last year and had good weather apart from a mini hurricane:eek: which only lasted for 1 day.

pollensa 28-09-2008 16:11

This is the thread regarding the webcam - http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-pollensa.html but as I'm sitting here in PP in shorts & t-shirt, I can tell you, with relief, that the forecasts for this week were completely unreliable. Each report had the rain & thunderstorms forecast for different days - we haven't had any! Apparently there was a little rain this morning but I missed it (still recovering from last night's trip to hear the Husstlers & then on to Rustic Bar...) It was very hot & sunny eating out at lunchtime.

So do take layers - t-shirts plus one cardigan/jumper, shorts plus some long trousers & maybe a light mac & you'll be fine! :D

Cliff 28-09-2008 18:21

Thanks everyone, looking forward to the trip, we fly in on the 4th staying at the Pollensa park hotel

Sparky 28-09-2008 20:33

I'm flying out on the 3rd, 5 days to go and getting excited. Staying opposite the Pollensa Park, we will be neighbours Cliff.;)

CathB 28-09-2008 21:33

there are 4 of us flying out on the 5th and staying not that far away ;)

Cliff 03-10-2008 17:09

Get ythe sun out, we are arriving tomorrow

Smiddy 04-10-2008 10:35

I was there sat 27/thurs Oct 2, apart from tues afternoon it was sunny all the way, definately shorts/t-shirts(or less,if your that way inclined), but felt a little nip in the air in the evenings, a jumper required.

peter 09-10-2008 13:12

Weather

How about the next 2 weeks ? would anyone like to predict

lollipop 09-10-2008 15:45

Next few days are forecast to be wet and windy then improving. We have holidayed end of October and spent time on beach so like at any time its variable.

Cliff 12-10-2008 15:19

Weather

Have just got back from a superb week in PP, apart from Thursday the weather was excellent, already thinking of booking for next year