Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Dreadful weather (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/3922-dreadful-weather.html)

Latent 24-09-2008 15:20

Dreadful weather

Here in PP since Sat 2oth

Rain Rain Rain and more to come

I am here another week, unfortunately

LK1960 24-09-2008 18:41

Sorry to hear that Latent. My parents are in Cala D'or and sending similar reports. Thankfully they're still managing to have a good time although they are disappointed. I'm heading over for a few days on 3rd October so have been checking forecasts and from what I can tell it should pick up for you over the next few days at least ...though seems to head downhill again after that.

bluestar 25-09-2008 18:44

You have my sympathy - we were out in May and had so much rain- got back and the sun came out!

Disorderly 25-09-2008 21:18

We were in PP from 17th to 25th and only had one really great day when the sun was out all the time.

Hey, what do you expect at this time of year? I love the place....the favourite bars and restaurants are open and if I wanted guaranteed good weatehr at this time of year PP is not the place to choose.

You pays your money.........

BigDav 25-09-2008 23:44

sorry to hear about the weather spoiling your hols,but I would sooner be there in the rain than here in crappy England in the rain..I can tell ya!

Linzzzz 26-09-2008 00:25

Yeah that's a bit of a bummer ..... hey I have 85 degrees in LA right now & I'd STILL rather be in a rainy PP :D

BigDav 26-09-2008 00:27

would rather be in LA right now than England too..lol

PP76 26-09-2008 08:29

We fly out this afternoon and were disappointed with the weather forecast, however last night we attended a "Wonderful" Breast Cancer Charity fundraising event in Glasgow and when you hear what other people are going through and how brave and cheerful they are it makes you realise that two weeks of rain in PP is really only a slight inconvenience.

PP76

pollensa 26-09-2008 09:53

blue sky & fluffy white clouds!

just a quick post to reassure you all. I arrived yesterday afternoon & so far (touch wood!) have not seen/felt any rain! At the minute I'm sitting in bed, laptop on lap (so many forum posts to look at) & looking at a bright blue sky with fluffy white clouds! It has been rather grey & is quite warm but it's still much better than being in the UK. The seaplane appears to be practising today - right over our apartment! :D

debz1 26-09-2008 10:44

Zelda how decadent ;)

Sounds perfect...have a wonderful time!!

Debs

shotokan 27-09-2008 14:42

Looking brighter for next week! :)

I just feel so sorry for all those who saved hard for a week away in PP last week, struggling through an aweful summer and hoping for at least 1 week of summer in PP... I'd be gutted..:(

Hope you all win the lottery! :).

Smiddy 04-10-2008 11:05

Awful Weather

What a diverse island, i spent the20/27 Sept in the south, had a lot of cloud, but only 1 days rain. Went up to PP 27/2nd Oct only 1 afternoons cloud, sunshine all the way. So, anyone who spent 2 weeks there had a good 2nd week. The rain might be a bit of a bummer, but don't forget the fab rest/bars are still the same, no matter the weather:)

liz d 04-10-2008 18:37

When the weather was having a not so sunny day(w/c 20/09), i'd start my day with a coffee at "Stay" and sit outside under there outdoor heaters, they are so hot, i'm sure my tan mainly came from the 1/2 hour spent sat under them!!!

shotokan 06-10-2008 10:36

Was PP hit with the freak storms as reported in the Daily Bulletin yesterday?
...the "400 lightning bolts" statement sounded spectacular (I usually love to watch these storms perform out to sea...sitting with a coffee and a glass of brandy on the balcony)...

CathB 08-10-2008 11:32

Well Snowyowl and I are in PP at the moment and no storm on Sunday or Monday.We had some lightning and thunder earlier this morning and a heavy shower but I am happy to report sunny at the moment although tomorrow is supposed to be the "washout"...
Cath & Jo