Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-09-2008, 09:54

What constitutes as the Old Wharf?
Sponsored Links
Old 17-09-2008, 09:59

I was wondering the same thing, could someone explain the plan using place names to help, thanks.
Old 17-09-2008, 10:36

Look here may help you Calle de Elcano to Ave de Paris

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...,0.021887&z=16
Old 17-09-2008, 11:05

So if I'm right its from the road opposite were the beach starts up to the first right after the river, dos that make sense?
Old 17-09-2008, 11:40
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
What constitutes as the Old Wharf?
I think that Mol Vel (not sure of spelling) is where La Llonja is & Mol Nou (New Quay) is where Stay is.
Old 17-09-2008, 13:23

I think I am right in saying that the Imperial Bar is on the corner of El Cano and Avinguda Paris is the second street after the bridge, near Tolo's.

PP76
Old 17-09-2008, 14:13

Welcome to Puerto Pollensa Nova!!
Old 17-09-2008, 14:34

The timing of this could not have been worse, recession is biting and the port is quiet compared to this time last year.

keeping people away means less money spent in my experience.

If we cant park easily and have to drive round the new road we will go to Pollenca town or Alcudia old town for a night out and to buy food during the daytime.
We will still go for a walk along Pine walk, just not as often and wont spend as much money in the Port as we usually do.

We are here now for our September holiday and there is definitely a noticeable drop in the amount of tourists around compared to September 2007. Its a shame really.

Mark.

Last edited by Mark; 22-09-2008 at 09:25.
Old 17-09-2008, 20:28

Wink

Hi,
PP76 is right. If you look at Google maps the area described is where the sandy beach starts (near the road up to Stay restaurant on the quay) across the river area near Tolo's and up to the next road (Av de Paris) which has the 2 huge fine villas on each corner. There is also a telephone box on this corner.
I think it sounds like a good pilot scheme and should stop most of the really noisy trucks and traffic....but you never know the side effects until it happens. We're going out next Friday 26th (my birthday) so I'll take some phots and post them so you can judge for yourselves.
Old 17-09-2008, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansclan View Post
Hi,
PP76 is right. If you look at Google maps the area described is where the sandy beach starts (near the road up to Stay restaurant on the quay) across the river area near Tolo's and up to the next road (Av de Paris) which has the 2 huge fine villas on each corner. There is also a telephone box on this corner.
I think it sounds like a good pilot scheme and should stop most of the really noisy trucks and traffic....but you never know the side effects until it happens. We're going out next Friday 26th (my birthday) so I'll take some phots and post them so you can judge for yourselves.
Hope you have a wonderful Birthday next week, we are also going out on the 26th, it will be interesting to see the changes.

PP76
Old 18-09-2008, 12:48

Hi all - I am afraid that, in my opinion, the last thing the port needs is more pedestrianisation. The danger is that the place we all love, which is an old traditional fishing port with all the character of it's buildings (many of which are being torn down and replaced with modern blocks) and layout. Bing able to drive into the port and enjoy the views all the awy in. Being able to easily access all of the small businesses just behind the front. The impact that this will have on the streets just behind the front when all the traffic attempt tpo get as close the the seafront as possible will be devastating traffic wise - and then what will happen? Multi storey car parks behind the ring road no doubt.

Right - i've had my grummble...pull another cork dear!!
Old 18-09-2008, 15:10

Wink

Mmm, its difficult enough to get parked at the best of times especially when you have a particular restaurant in mind and try to park close to it. Especially as we always drive down from Llenaire.
Now, will I have to take walking shoes to start with, and change into my "proper" shoes if I have such a long way to walk?! Will it be worthwhile (rhetorical question really!) or will I revert back to Porta Alcudia for a parking space (unlikely!).
We shall see in a few weeks.
Old 18-09-2008, 16:01

Come on Bella a walks good for you we always walk in but normally have taxi home or stagger back. Will send an update if I can, out tomorrow mid afternoon, hope I can find appartment in the dark (Joke).
Old 18-09-2008, 16:22

Well said Gommer Goffer - I agree!

I still can't understand why if something is successfull and works - there is a whole group of people who decide to 'improve' things! Just leave it alone...
Old 18-09-2008, 21:55

Default Road Signs

Stayed a couple of weeks ago in apartments near Villa Concha and there were many new road signs, some of which had black bin bags over them, which were obviously the start of a one way system. As I have said on this forum before I get confused at the best of times when driving 'on the wrong side' so I for one, and I think like others, would be put off if it gets too complicated. I realise that there is plenty of parking off the main stretch and a shortwalk across the road but many people will not want to walk anywhere when it is hot, it is so good to park next to the beach for the port.