Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 23:49

Smile never been in winter month's

hi everyone
just wanted to say i've found the forum a mass of information and very entertaining. just wanted to ask what's the weather and resort etc like in mid oct we're coming out to a villa for my big 40th and both of us and kids really lookin forward to visit after reading about PuertoPollenca on here. adele and co
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 23:58

Weather should be pretty reasonable during the day - probably need a light jacket or something in the evening.

John
Old 06-08-2008, 09:34

We were in Puerto Pollensa last year for the last 2 weeks in October, the weather was good, nice and sunny during the day with the evening being cooler. October though isn't really winter as the main tourist season doesn't officially end until the 31st Oct.

It is November through till May that I like most, the weather is still much better than the UK, with clear blue skies most of the time, it can rain more during the winter months but in PP it doesn't seem to matter.

Puerto Pollensa becomes a different place without the distractions of the tourist season. The natural beauty of the beaches with the winter sun glinting on the water. Fewer people, taking a stroll down the pine walk and around the square, a totally different experience.

Most of the tourist shops close and many of the bars and restaurants, but the ones that do stay open are welcoming, with a relaxed atmosphere not influenced by the stresses of the summer season. In January last year we sat for a full afternoon savoring coffee and brandy outside restaurant Stay, the sun was really warm.

We visited Formentor, where it's true beauty really could be admired, crystal blue sea, golden sand, pine trees and not another person in sight. The drive up to the lighthouse was easy with only one or two other cars making the perilous drive and the views from the top were amazing.
Calla San Vicente on the other hand showed as being naturally rugged with the true force of the sea at work, with crashing white waves over the craggy rocks, very atmospheric.

I could go on but hope this has painted a picture of Puerto Pollensa in the Winter time. In my opinion the best time to go.

If you do go in the winter make sure to put warm clothing in for thr evenings as it does go really cold.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 06-08-2008 at 09:38.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:49

Hi Killyvannon

I visited Puerto Pollensa last October for a long weekend and we were lucky enough to have lovely weather so hopefully you will too. The resort itself was still fairly busy and everywhere was open, though nowhere near as busy as July or August when I would normally holiday there.

As has been said, bring a cardigan/jacket for the evenings. Hope you have a lovely time.

LK
Old 06-08-2008, 12:46

Hi Killyvannon,
We visited PP last year for the halloween week and it was great, a few showers and 1 evening of torrential rain,but nothing to dampen our enjoyment, around 70-74 other days, so we were swimming , playing on the beach etc but it was very windy. It was chilly early morning and evening so we needed our jeans and rugby shirts and fleeces for the return walk from the restaurants in the late evening.
Some restaurants were closing and the promenade shops were shutting up but the rest of the town was quite busy and so was the market, but you will probably not notice this until the very end of your stay.
This is our favorite time of year although we also enjoy March/April.
There were plenty of restaurants open and a lovely relaxed feeling to them at this time.
Have a wonderful birthday and there is no finer place to spend it . I will be 40 in March and guess where we will be ?

Regards TT
Old 06-08-2008, 12:54

The only months I've never visited PP are December and January. There can be some lovely weather in October, November and March, April in my experience, but shorter days and certainly cooler nights. If the weather is poor it will be more extreme in those months.

Do bear in mind that, out of season, all that building work that was suspended throughout the summer will be up and running, and then some! So the area around the Hotel Daina will be noisy and dusty again.
Old 06-08-2008, 14:27

Smile thanks

thank's everyone for answering my questions, most helpfull hope to chat to u's again before we go. adele
Old 06-08-2008, 15:57

Whaley you summed up PP, Formentor and Cala in the winter months perfectly.

You sound as if you do the same as us ...wander by day , cosy restaurants by night. Bliss

Debs
Old 06-08-2008, 17:06
Super Moderator

Sounds idyllic, exactly what hubby and i are hoping for this winter. Can't wait.
Old 06-08-2008, 20:05

I spent many an October half term there while my daughter was school age. The weather was usually about 75 in day time but we needed a jacket in the evenings. One year the weather did drop to 55 and there were fires in some of the bars. So I would play safe and dress for 75 but take some sweaters along!
Old 06-08-2008, 20:41

we were there early October last year...a mix of beach days and some cloudy/rainy days..
Old 06-08-2008, 20:45

We have been in October for several years and have found the weather usually excellent and most things are open.

We also went after Christmas in 2007 returning in early January 2008. We really loved it. It was much quieter and you could really see the place. My son was still able to go to the beach most days. We loved it so much we are going back again this year at the same time.
Old 06-08-2008, 22:07

I go out late October most years to play some golf. Apart from an outrageous storm last year, that hit when I was playing at a course near Arta, its mostly been about 75F daytime and 60F at night.

Last edited by Alcanada; 07-08-2008 at 09:15.
Old 07-08-2008, 17:34

as most have said october can be a bit of a hit or miss

we go out every october in the scottish school week off usually around middle of the month and the weather is usually pretty good

much better than the weather in glasgow anyway
Old 07-08-2008, 18:48

Smile

October is a lovely month, we went last year for the first week and as anyone will tell you who was there, we had a huge storm, never seen anything like it, but the sun soon came out again. For me it is just that bit more relaxed in October/late September. I love it.

The link will show you a little of the aftermath of the storm on 4/10/2007!
It is the Oro playa road, By Laroc and Coral! Even after this the sun came out again later that day! I'm going again this year too, sounds like we are all going!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNKAcsgsXOg