Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 07:44

Smile Back from First Visit to Puerto Pollensa

I have just returned from my first visit and you will love it. I enjoyed it so much that i booked the apartment for next year before i had even left PP. Like you i was on this site morning, noon and night before i went and the info was invaluable. I managed to find most of the restuarants mentioned and apart from La Piazza i enjoyed the rest, especially Trio which was great value for money. The prices at most of the restuarants were very good, just a pity you didnt get a bit more for your £.
Enjoy yourself.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 14:04

Hi Stocktonmackem

Glad to hear everything went well for you and your husband and that your endless hours of research paid off!

LK
Old 05-08-2008, 17:32

I certainly did plenty of research. My daughter was sick of me saying "this is supposed to be a nice restaurant". I was dissapointed that we couldnt get into Guru because it was busy everytime we went passed. I enjoyed L'olivera, we had the set menu and it was very good value for money. I just loved the place. My husband's only problem was the stones on the Pinewalk, it hurt his bum.
Old 05-08-2008, 18:54

Glad to hear you had a good time here in PP, sorry to hear that you didnt enjoy La Piazza and about your husbands encounter with the pinewalk stones!!

I wouldnt recomend La Piazaa either, but just out of curiousity, why didnt you like it?

Regards
Old 05-08-2008, 21:28

Glad you enjoyed your first visit to PP and are going back again, 5 weeks & 4 days to go for us before we are back again. Don't tell to many people how much you enjoyed it though, we don't want it over run by Mackems! Only joking.
Old 05-08-2008, 22:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppmafioso88 View Post
Glad to hear you had a good time here in PP, sorry to hear that you didnt enjoy La Piazza and about your husbands encounter with the pinewalk stones!!

I wouldnt recomend La Piazaa either, but just out of curiousity, why didnt you like it?

Regards
It was the only place we felt as if we had to eat our meal and get out. They even came and cleared the plates away while some of us were still eating. I understand that it was busy but you expect to have more than half an hour to eat a three course meal. This was the only place that i didnt enjoy. I loved Trio,in fact most of the places i went to were great.
Old 05-08-2008, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamcas View Post
Glad you enjoyed your first visit to PP and are going back again, 5 weeks & 4 days to go for us before we are back again. Don't tell to many people how much you enjoyed it though, we don't want it over run by Mackems! Only joking.
It was quite funny really but the first family we spoke to were from norton,just up the road from me. It must only be 6wks and 4 days when we beat you then
Old 05-08-2008, 22:14

It's so nice to hear from a first time visitor to PP who has had a really good experience, and nice to know that everyone's comments on restaurants etc are useful.

After many years coming to PP, I find the forum invaluable.
Old 05-08-2008, 22:18

son has just returned from another enjoyable holiday in PP.He stayed at the eolo as usual where he always feels comfortable, in swimming at 9am said it was like a bath! Showed me a photo on his camera of tangos or rather the site where tangos was. I'll post a photo when he works the magic on my pc. Roll on september when we will return to majorca.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:33

Hello every one.My self and my wife sruck it lucky when we phoned for a last minute deal.october last year we ended up staying at the Flora apartments.All I can say is pollenca is THE place to go if you are looking for a nice relaxing family holiday! we have 4 kids and we just took the youngest two the first time. We had a particularly bad experience in Llorett de mar earlier on in the year( I tried to drink the place dry all on my own..failed miserably..lol) and to be honest we were never going to give the spanish sun another chance.I am glad we changed our minds, we are going back to pollenca first week in september( this will be our third time now.) my wife can`t wait for some of pepe`s cafe orange juice for breakfast and my little son is looking forward to talking to pepe`s parrot all meal time again..bless him! as soon as i find my way around the site I will post some pics to let people who are needing reassurance ..pollenca is the place to go.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:43
Super Moderator

Hi Dav, welcome to the forum. Yes PP is very addictive isn't it, my first visit was a late booking in October for just 1 week. There was hardly any beach then, the Polypark Hotel staff and the local bar owners were so friendly and helpful. This was in 1982 and we have never been anywhere else since, we now go twice a year in May and October and this year we are going to spend the winter there.
Old 07-08-2008, 13:59

Smile Stockton Mackem

Unbelievable I think we are the people you spoke to, it was only later I said to my husband that I thought I had replied to one of your posts on the Forum about getting around with a wheelchair. We too had a great time although a couple of the restaurants we visited were disappointing, Tots, cheap but food quality not good and Tiberi where the starters were rubbish! El Posito was fantastic and Trios always worth a visit. Glad to hear you have booked to go again next year and I look forward to seeing you in Asda!
Old 07-08-2008, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk14 View Post
Unbelievable I think we are the people you spoke to, it was only later I said to my husband that I thought I had replied to one of your posts on the Forum about getting around with a wheelchair. We too had a great time although a couple of the restaurants we visited were disappointing, Tots, cheap but food quality not good and Tiberi where the starters were rubbish! El Posito was fantastic and Trios always worth a visit. Glad to hear you have booked to go again next year and I look forward to seeing you in Asda!
What a small world. I think i was a bit tipsy that night. We didnt try all the restuarants that i wanted to because daughter decided she didnt like meat or fish so we had to make sure that there was pasta and pizzas on the menu. She will have to eat out on her own next year so that i can try them. Give me a wave at the customer service desk when you come shopping.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocktonmackem View Post
It was the only place we felt as if we had to eat our meal and get out. They even came and cleared the plates away while some of us were still eating. I understand that it was busy but you expect to have more than half an hour to eat a three course meal. This was the only place that i didnt enjoy. I loved Trio,in fact most of the places i went to were great.
i agree with you and PPmaf, La Piazza is not one of the friendliest places in town when busy! Trio is always great!
Old 27-08-2008, 09:24

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDav View Post
Hello every one.My self and my wife sruck it lucky when we phoned for a last minute deal.october last year we ended up staying at the Flora apartments.All I can say is pollenca is THE place to go if you are looking for a nice relaxing family holiday! we have 4 kids and we just took the youngest two the first time. We had a particularly bad experience in Llorett de mar earlier on in the year( I tried to drink the place dry all on my own..failed miserably..lol) and to be honest we were never going to give the spanish sun another chance.I am glad we changed our minds, we are going back to pollenca first week in september( this will be our third time now.) my wife can`t wait for some of pepe`s cafe orange juice for breakfast and my little son is looking forward to talking to pepe`s parrot all meal time again..bless him! as soon as i find my way around the site I will post some pics to let people who are needing reassurance ..pollenca is the place to go.
Hi Bigdav, A word of caution. It sounds to me like you are going to get hooked on the place and thats not wise or you will end up like the rest of us sad folk. Been there so many times i know every crack in the concrete. I don't know what it is about the place but if i could bottle it i'd be a rich man!!!!! Cheers